Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

MPStack

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a favorite of mine in the 2013 draft and I know he's had a couple of down years, but hopefully we can get him back in form.

7 years later and he's finally in Colts blue (definitely not still salty about Werner over Rhodes....definitely.....)

He wasn't good last year, struggled against any kind of speedy wide out that can separate, purely a zone CB 3 at this point, IMO. DO NOT play him in man coverage, please. We can do better for CB 2.

The only X factor is I did not know if he played injured. @NFLfan - you can tell us if he did well enough in man coverage at all last year. All I remember is him giving up chunks of yards in man coverage vs the Seahawks and other teams in the limited games I watched.

Just now, Superman said:

He should have been a Colt all along...

I don't know how well he fits the defense, or why he fell off last year. I'll have to dig into what the Vikings were doing with him. 

Drafting Ya-Sin and now signing Rhodes make me wonder if we’re moving towards a man scheme.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

He should have been a Colt all along...

I don't know how well he fits the defense, or why he fell off last year. I'll have to dig into what the Vikings were doing with him. 

I read where he's had some nagging injuries the past couple of years. I think it's a good signing.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Drafting Ya-Sin and now signing Rhodes make me wonder if we’re moving towards a man scheme.

We've been doing more man at times, but I've always assumed it was going to be a zone matching kind of 2013 Seahawks scheme. Guess we still could, both Rhodes and Ya-Sin are tall, long, and good tacklers. 

Archived