Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wordofmouth said:

Thanks for the info Vikesfan !  That sounds pretty spot on. I remember a couple of years ago going on a tirade to my brother about how we could have had him and drafted Warner instead.   I think if he can healthy he will be an upgrade. Interesting what you  said about  his weight, I wonder if they will be on him about that.   

 

Will see you in the Super Bowl :)

Super Bowl? We don't have a starting CB yet. Vikings miss the playoffs this season.

The good news is that it is fat weight. Like he is out of shape etc. It is muscle weight. He is a gym rat and it shows but he needs to reduce

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery. Hope it works out.

I was reading a lot of your guys post on Rhodes. I was hoping I could shed some light on his play the last 2 seasons. The Vikes run a very complicated Double A scheme. In 2017 it was super effective w

He should have been a Colt all along...   I don't know how well he fits the defense, or why he fell off last year. I'll have to dig into what the Vikings were doing with him. 

13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

 

Pro Bowl nods don't real mean anything anymore, so I wouldn't really use that as a basis of how well a player is playing.

 

As for Rhodes, this is just a 1 year deal.  If he comes in and is awful, we don't re-sign him next year and we move on.  At the very least, he's a veteran with plenty of success, so he can mentor guys like Rock Ya-Sin and Marvell Tell.

 

Yes, he was awful last year.  But he'll be 30 when the season starts, so still plenty of football left in him and plenty of opportunity for him to regain form

Exactly what I was thinking

Link to post
Share on other sites

We also have to remember: It's like we traded Desir for Rhodes. So hopefully he can perform at a decently high level because Desir is gone, and we won't have him to lean on if Rhodes struggles. We could draft a CB to groom for a year though, and I predict it will happen in rounds 2-3.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We also have to remember: It's like we traded Desir for Rhodes. So hopefully he can perform at a decently high level because Desir is gone, and we won't have him to lean on if Rhodes struggles. We could draft a CB to groom for a year though, and I predict it will happen in rounds 2-3.

It wasn’t like Desir had a record setting year


 

  BTW 

    I agree

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vikesfan said:

Super Bowl? We don't have a starting CB yet. Vikings miss the playoffs this season.

The good news is that it is fat weight. Like he is out of shape etc. It is muscle weight. He is a gym rat and it shows but he needs to reduce

Thanks for the info

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shive said:

He was a favorite of mine in the 2013 draft and I know he's had a couple of down years, but hopefully we can get him back in form.

 

7 years later and he's finally in Colts blue (definitely not still salty about Werner over Rhodes....definitely.....)

Yeah, I remember wanting either Rhoades or DeAndre Hopkins that year. Both turned out well. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks Chloe! I was just about to post $5-$6 million was fair. So we get Day and Rhodes for Desir. Not bad! :thmup:

Now if only clowney had signed

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

 

Lets just say a motivated and healthy Xavier Rhodes is of the same quality and school as Jalen Ramsey. Can play Man to Man and good tackler. FSU alum and was highly touted coming into the draft. Had a injury lately from last I heard but a Pro Bowl level CB. Something the Colts hasn't had since like Vontae Davis.

I'm familiar with his college career and 16 and 17 seasons. 16 was his peak, and has dropped off since. If it's motivation that's needed, that concerns me as much as health to be honest. I'm glad we picked him up, just hope it was team friendly. We had a hole, and I'm glad we filled it pre-draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stitches said:

 

 

Rhodes comes in with the longest arms of them all - 33 3/4ths "... 

 

Judging by last year's stats and video, his arms need to be 10' long.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would of been nice, but I'll take a signing like DeMarcus Robinson at this point to help with WR. At least we fixed the holes at CB and DT.

IMO a Clowney signing at this point would just hinder the development of the youngsters

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, egg said:

 

Judging by last year's stats and video, his arms need to be 10' long.

 

Any Corner can be made to look bad by stringing together their bad reps in 16 games. One of the "gaffs" was clearly a miscommunication as he thought he had help over the top. Author claimed he got smoked. It's silly when you see him clearly playing the underneath passing lanes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IMO a Clooney signing at this point would just hinder the development of the youngsters

Probably, since we have Houston this year as well and he's starting. We may draft another pass rusher as well. Never hurts to have a lot of them and Houston is leaving next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Probably, since we have Houston this year as well and he's starting. We may draft another pass rusher as well. Never hurts to have a lot of them and Houston is leaving next year.

He is?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the best news so far. Sure he fell off a little, but nagging injuries will do that. He's healthy and his pride is hurt. From being a top 3-5 corner in the NFL to being released. I think he's going to BALL this year, the fact it's his money year adds to it..

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He is?

 

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

His contract is up is what I should of said. He is on a 2 year deal.

 It will more than likely depend on the continuing development of Turay and Banogu 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

This is the best news so far. Sure he fell off a little, but nagging injuries will do that. He's healthy and his pride is hurt. From being a top 3-5 corner in the NFL to being released. I think he's going to BALL this year, the fact it's his money year adds to it..

Yeah, he's fighting for one final, big contract. We are beneficial to each other. We're using him to make our team better, and he's using us to get one final payday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this signing could entice Clowney a little more?

 

Clowney and Demarcus Robinson then the draft. Lets get it.

 

Will be fine if no Clowney, bit think we should bring Sheard back for $8-$10 on a 1yr deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks Chloe! I was just about to post $5-$6 million would be fair. So we get Day and Rhodes for Desir. Not bad! :thmup:

What was the Day contract worth?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe 1 year, $3 million, if I remember right.

Dont think its been announced yet, I imagine your right though.

 

Somewhere in the $2-$4m range

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@VikingsFanInChennai

Please share your thoughts on Rhodes. 

 

Xavier Rhodes is finally a Colt. He was supposed to be drafted by the Colts. Colts fans always liked Rhodes.

 

I hated losing Rhodes, but he seemed to regress last season and was beat on a lot of plays. I hope he plays well for the Colts, as he remains one of my favorite players. Can the Colts take Kirk Cousins too??

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Dont think its been announced yet, I imagine your right though.

 

Somewhere in the $2-$4m range

1 year worth 5 million ill take that and even with the down year last season he was still better than Desir.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai

Please share your thoughts on Rhodes. 

 

Xavier Rhodes is finally a Colt. He was supposed to be drafted by the Colts. Colts fans always liked Rhodes.

 

I hated losing Rhodes, but he seemed to regress last season and was beat on a lot of plays. I hope he plays well for the Colts, as he remains one of my favorite players. Can the Colts take Kirk Cousins too??

We'll trade you Brissett for Cousins? That work?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

1 year worth 5 million ill take that and even with the down year last season he was still better than Desir.

We're talking about Sheldon Day's contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, runthepost said:

:tvsmash: He was pure trash last year

He had a down year...that's for sure.  He is also a 3 time All-Pro corner I believe so worth taking a one year flyer on to see if he can recapture his old form.  I'm just happy we added another corner.  Still sorry to see Desir go.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think this signing could entice Clowney a little more?

 

Clowney and Demarcus Robinson then the draft. Lets get it.

 

Will be fine if no Clowney, bit think we should bring Sheard back for $8-$10 on a 1yr deal.

He can be replaced 8-10 million would be too much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

1 year worth 5 million ill take that and even with the down year last season he was still better than Desir.

As another poster stated the Colts get Rhodes and Day for what Desir was to get paid

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It seems we are going to go all in on offense in the draft. Some upgraded weapons and some olinemen. With the signing of Day and Rhodes it fills the voids and we may just not go defense at all in the draft. 

Yup. In my mock I had us picking up a TE and WR in rounds 2-3. Id still draft a corner though. Rhodes has had some injury issues here lately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...