Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I think a big thing to remember is that OTAs and offseason will be extremely shortened if not almost non-existent. Bringing in guys familiar with the system like Rivers and Rhodes and an immediate impact player like Buckner instead of taking a draft pick that will be behind the 8 ball getting up to speed with the NFL sends a signal to me that Ballard is trying to field a team that can hit the ground running and make a real run at the playoffs and our division. He probably sees that rookies who can’t come into facilities and practice are not going to make a huge contribution this year and he would rather bring in vets that can help more right away...at least this year. 

sarcastic well done GIF by BB Diamond

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery. Hope it works out.

I was reading a lot of your guys post on Rhodes. I was hoping I could shed some light on his play the last 2 seasons. The Vikes run a very complicated Double A scheme. In 2017 it was super effective w

He should have been a Colt all along...   I don't know how well he fits the defense, or why he fell off last year. I'll have to dig into what the Vikings were doing with him. 

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I don't think he is a "me" guy. I'm not sure why your friends say this. As for drama queen, some fans felt that he seemed to complain of injury whenever he got beat on a play. He did seem to do this at times.

 

I like Rhodes. I'm not among the ones who complained about him.

 

What do your friends think of Cousins?

One loves Cousins. One thinks Cousins needs more help / support as far as surrounding cast. The one that loves Cousins, also loved Bridgewater. 

 

Both mentioned feigning injuries. One mentioned him tossing helmets and acting a fool on the sidelines when he got beat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

One thinks Cousins needs more help / support as far as surrounding cast.

 

What more of a surrounding cast does he need? He had one of the best receiving duos. He had a pretty good running game. The OL looks bad because he does nothing to evade pressure. Check out how well Case Keenum did in 2017. And he did not have Dalvin Cook. He had Latavius Murray most of the year. 

 

There are so many excuses made for why Cousins does not win more. On the Daily Norseman, the fans call it Kirkumstances. Right, @VikingsFanInChennai?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think a big thing to remember is that OTAs and offseason will be extremely shortened if not almost non-existent. Bringing in guys familiar with the system like Rivers and Rhodes and an immediate impact player like Buckner instead of taking a draft pick that will be behind the 8 ball getting up to speed with the NFL sends a signal to me that Ballard is trying to field a team that can hit the ground running and make a real run at the playoffs and our division. He probably sees that rookies who can’t come into facilities and practice are not going to make a huge contribution this year and he would rather bring in vets that can help more right away...at least this year. 

 

Great points.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

What more of a surrounding cast does he need? He had one of the best receiving duos. He had a pretty good running game. The OL looks bad because he does nothing to evade pressure. Check out how well Case Keenum did in 2017. And he did not have Dalvin Cook. He had Latavius Murray most of the year. 

 

There are so many excuses for why Cousins does not win more. On the Daily Norseman, the fans call it Kirkumstances. Right, @VikingsFanInChennai?

Great Question

     Not anymore

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

What more of a surrounding cast does he need? He had one of the best receiving duos. He had a pretty good running game. The OL looks bad because he does nothing to evade pressure. Check out how well Case Keenum did in 2017. And he did not have Dalvin Cook. He had Latavius Murray most of the year. 

 

There are so many excuses made for why Cousins does not win more. On the Daily Norseman, the fans call it Kirkumstances. Right, @VikingsFanInChennai?

I think that supporting cast thing is more for his Washington days.

 

I think you're being a little tough on the guy. I think he had a great year last year. That with 1 of his receivers hobbled for a lot of the year and the other acting like a baby when he didn't get the ball.

 

That's not the easiest of circumstances to deal with week in and week out.

 

Just my assessment.

 

Look for him to have a better year this year without Diggs whining all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

What more of a surrounding cast does he need? He had one of the best receiving duos. He had a pretty good running game. The OL looks bad because he does nothing to evade pressure. Check out how well Case Keenum did in 2017. And he did not have Dalvin Cook. He had Latavius Murray most of the year. 

 

There are so many excuses made for why Cousins does not win more. On the Daily Norseman, the fans call it Kirkumstances. Right, @VikingsFanInChennai?

IDK, I've seen several several impartial ratings that say MN pass blocking sucks lol. Very high pressure rates IIRC. And I couldn't even begin to name any of your WRs beyond Diggs.

 

Biggest issue with Cousins to me is his high time to throw. He's the only QB with a higher TTT than Brissett lol. So in that aspect, he's not helping his OL either. That said, he at least puts up more yards...  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

On the Daily Norseman, the fans call it Kirkumstances. Right, @VikingsFanInChennai?

Ha ha yes, Kirkumstances... :excited:

 

One more thing.. from the time Kirk became QB of Vikings, Rhodes has not been good and defense also took a step back from being #1 in many metrics in 2017, without losing any players. 

 

Is there any correlation? To that and how it affected Rhodes? 

 

Yes, Kirk can wow people in some drives, but he had not been able to extend drives and get to field goal range often. Lot of drives have stalled on offense every game, and Vikings have lost Time of Possession battle in last two years. 

 

That means the defense has been on the field more than offense for Vikings. And.... That was the problem for Rhodes. He gets dehydrated, and takes many a break during the drives when the defense is on the field. His play has been average. 

 

Maybe, it's just a coincidence but that's true for all of the defensive players. I'm proud of many players on defense including Rhodes who fights till last drive, when offense doesn't care about going 3-and-out so consistently when the game is on the line, which has happened frequently since Kirk, supposedly top ten QB per stats and highlights, has taken the control of offense. 

 

So, the point is keep Rhodes fresh, maybe use him in rotation and give him more rest in longer drives and bring him back for crucial downs. Find ways to improve his weight, functional and game day strength.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think that supporting cast thing is more for his Washington days.

 

I think you're being a little tough on the guy. I think he had a great year last year. That with 1 of his receivers hobbled for a lot of the year and the other acting like a baby when he didn't get the ball.

 

That's not the easiest of circumstances to deal with week in and week out.

 

Just my assessment.

 

Look for him to have a better year this year without Diggs whining all the time.

 

Lol. Diggs and Thielen's whining is what helped elevate Cousins' numbers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. Diggs and Thielen's whining is what help elevate Cousins' numbers. 

Not referring number wise, just talking about playing better overall.

 

Do need to focus more on the run, but cook has to stay healthy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w87r said:

Not referring number wise, just talking about playing better overall.

 

Do need to focus more on the run, but cook has to stay healthy 

I think it's easy for an outsider to think Diggs is there whiner, and Cousins is the team guy. 

 

In fact, both Diggs and Thielen have been "whining" since 2018 season. They never "whine" for not getting the ball or stats, which is how media portrays them. They both "whine" during the game so that Cousins doesn't go to his shell, and not throw to them, as it has been the case in important games for last two years. 

 

If you wanna see proof where the "whining" started, watch whole game for offense in 2018 against Seahawks where Diggs and Thielen would run around getting open, while Cousins would be afraid of ghosts around him and hesitate to throw to them. When that happened in every other game, both Diggs and Thielen became restless. It was obvious even in TV screens, Thielen openly had argument with Cousins on sidelines and Cousins was the one "acting like baby" saying one of the top route runners of NFL that he had not run the route as he expected. 

 

In the end, it looks bad on Diggs and Thielen, but they fight to win every game and wear that emotion during the game and express that in the way they play. They didn't get the QB play they deserved. The beautiful plays that helped Cousins last year to have a "good year" is the Kubiak's scheme and play action that makes receivers open against "some" defenses that do not play the scheme well. Chicago and GB, for example, plays their defense against our scheme well and we were 0-4 in our division on Cousins' good year.

 

I don't think any team or fan base would accept going 0-4 against rival teams of the division not based in Detroit and call it a good season for the QB. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised to see so much chatter on the Rhodes signing.  I just didn't think the conversation would ever happen because I didn't think he could ever be had for $5 million despite his last 2 years.  

 

Even if that's a deal, I don't think Ballard would have made the move if he didn't think Rhodes could offer $5 million worth of production in that scheme.  

 

Time will tell.  At this point I like it because Ballard has somehow suddenly put the Colts into the win-now playoff conversation... and he did it with shockingly few moves.  Ballard is the chess master.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK if this will end up a good, bad, or meh signing but I was all for it if it was on the cheap and short, which it appears to be.  A one year prove it deal and if he fails there's no guaranteed money after this year.  Of course the downside is if he finds his former All-Pro form then the Colts will either have to throw WAY more cash at him or lose him completely.  But the focus is on 2020 so for now I like the move.  Low risk, high reward type and he has a couple of his former coaches to help him find his 2017 form.

 

Ballard does it again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

IDK if this will end up a good, bad, or meh signing but I was all for it if it was on the cheap and short, which it appears to be.  A one year prove it deal and if he fails there's no guaranteed money after this year.  Of course the downside is if he finds his former All-Pro form then the Colts will either have to throw WAY more cash at him or lose him completely.  But the focus is on 2020 so for now I like the move.  Low risk, high reward type and he has a couple of his former coaches to help him find his 2017 form.

 

Ballard does it again.

I think maybe even if Rhodes don't get back to what he was two years ago his knowledge will help if he is willing to mentor those beside him. Having the guys pick his brain would help them IMO. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think it's easy for an outsider to think Diggs is there whiner, and Cousins is the team guy. 

 

In fact, both Diggs and Thielen have been "whining" since 2018 season. They never "whine" for not getting the ball or stats, which is how media portrays them. They both "whine" during the game so that Cousins doesn't go to his shell, and not throw to them, as it has been the case in important games for last two years. 

 

If you wanna see proof where the "whining" started, watch whole game for offense in 2018 against Seahawks where Diggs and Thielen would run around getting open, while Cousins would be afraid of ghosts around him and hesitate to throw to them. When that happened in every other game, both Diggs and Thielen became restless. It was obvious even in TV screens, Thielen openly had argument with Cousins on sidelines and Cousins was the one "acting like baby" saying one of the top route runners of NFL that he had not run the route as he expected. 

 

In the end, it looks bad on Diggs and Thielen, but they fight to win every game and wear that emotion during the game and express that in the way they play. They didn't get the QB play they deserved. The beautiful plays that helped Cousins last year to have a "good year" is the Kubiak's scheme and play action that makes receivers open against "some" defenses that do not play the scheme well. Chicago and GB, for example, plays their defense against our scheme well and we were 0-4 in our division on Cousins' good year.

 

I don't think any team or fan base would accept going 0-4 against rival teams of the division not based in Detroit and call it a good season for the QB. 

Kirk has his haters and supporters. It’s never all fully about him. After all it’s a team game. He certainly played well against the Saints along with the defense in winning that game. I mean he made some incredible throws in that game and certainly out played Brees. I think you put him on SF they win that SB for instance. He wouldn’t have overthrown a wide open Sanders in the last drive by 10 yds like Garappolo did. Is he a HOF qb....most certainly not. No one is mistaking him for Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers. He isn’t Wilson or Mahomes either. That said is he as good if not better than Garappolo, Prescott, Goff, Wentz, Rivers, Tannenhil, Watson or anyone else out there. He has some flaws but he certainly is good enough to win a SB. To me it’s about putting the right guys around him and most importantly the coaching and play calling. If  you have superior talent or even and a divisional rival is beating you...that is the coaches fault not your qb. It’s about diversifying you game plan and not being predictable. I’d say you have top 10 qb and bottom 10 coaching last couple years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have much better coaching that you give credit for. This same coaching staff took us to NFCCG with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford and Dalvin Cook on IR. We only improved the offensive side with better OLs like Brian O'Neill, Bradbury, Kline.. and a better coach and game planner like Kubiak. And, Cook was mostly healthy. 

 

You can point out one example of Jimmy G over throwing Sanders, I can point to a number of misses and over throws by Cousins to Diggs and Thielen, especially in week 2 and 4 against GB and Chicago. We lost the week 2 game against GB solely because of Cousins' erratic play, final interception and going 3-and-out after the defense gets ball back with 2:30 minutes on the clock. Same in week 4. It's not a coaching problem, pointing others is the constant problem - defense with Redskins, OL and coaching with Vikings.

 

It's why Diggs became a stranger, Diggs never had a problem with Teddy, injury riddled Bradford and backup journeyman Keenum but why did he go off in like two years? Diggs and Thielen do all adjustments required for their QBs if their QB doesn't have skill set to throw well for them. But, they don't take it well when their QB has all the skill set in the world but doesn't throw to them because he hesitates and thinks too long rather than making plays and giving them enough chances to make plays especially with game on the line. 

 

If Cousins did everything he could, and team lost, I'd lean towards blaming the coaches but that's not the case at all. 

 

The games Cousins did well are all against bad defenses (lower ranked winless teams like Raiders, Redskins) or bad secondaries (Eagles) or bad pass rushes (Lions, Cowboys).. Saints defense was without two starters in their DL and without a couple of LBs all for injury or in IR by the time playoffs happened, so saints win was not as great, and we still lost the 20-10 lead, went to Over Time and had to win on a ticky tacky call on 3rd down in red zone.. every time we played a Defense with good pass rush like Bills, Seahawks, 49ers, GB, Chicago, chiefs, Broncos our games have been embarrassing.. we didn't have that many embarrassing defeats even with Keenum or Shawn Hill or Bradford or Teddy. Lifetime Coaches like Zimmer and Kubiak do not become bad overnight, it was players' execution that has lost us two seasons recently. 

 

No player revolted against anyone before 2018 under Zimmer, it only happened now. I understand Kirk can be elite if he can consistently make plays but that consistency has been so sporadic that his play is not blameless. In fact, he needs to shoulder the blame and become better, if he wants to end his career on a winning note one day. Getting all things right around him for winning SB happens once in a while, and that's usually a sign of going the way of Stafford, Dalton, Alex Smith,etc., more often than not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think we have much better coaching that you give credit for. This same coaching staff took us to NFCCG with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford and Dalvin Cook on IR. We only improved the offensive side with better OLs like Brian O'Neill, Bradbury, Kline.. and a better coach and game planner like Kubiak. And, Cook was mostly healthy. 

 

You can point out one example of Jimmy G over throwing Sanders, I can point to a number of misses and over throws by Cousins to Diggs and Thielen, especially in week 2 and 4 against GB and Chicago. We lost the week 2 game against GB solely because of Cousins' erratic play, final interception and going 3-and-out after the defense gets ball back with 2:30 minutes on the clock. Same in week 4. It's not a coaching problem, pointing others is the constant problem - defense with Redskins, OL and coaching with Vikings.

 

It's why Diggs became a stranger, Diggs never had a problem with Teddy, injury riddled Bradford and backup journeyman Keenum but why did he go off in like two years? Diggs and Thielen do all adjustments required for their QBs if their QB doesn't have skill set to throw well for them. But, they don't take it well when their QB has all the skill set in the world but doesn't throw to them because he hesitates and thinks too long rather than making plays and giving them enough chances to make plays especially with game on the line. 

 

If Cousins did everything he could, and team lost, I'd lean towards blaming the coaches but that's not the case at all. 

 

The games Cousins did well are all against bad defenses (lower ranked winless teams like Raiders, Redskins) or bad secondaries (Eagles) or bad pass rushes (Lions, Cowboys).. Saints defense was without two starters in their DL and without a couple of LBs all for injury or in IR by the time playoffs happened, so saints win was not as great, and we still lost the 20-10 lead, went to Over Time and had to win on a ticky tacky call on 3rd down in red zone.. every time we played a Defense with good pass rush like Bills, Seahawks, 49ers, GB, Chicago, chiefs, Broncos our games have been embarrassing.. we didn't have that many embarrassing defeats even with Keenum or Shawn Hill or Bradford or Teddy. Lifetime Coaches like Zimmer and Kubiak do not become bad overnight, it was players' execution that has lost us two seasons recently. 

 

No player revolted against anyone before 2018 under Zimmer, it only happened now. I understand Kirk can be elite if he can consistently make plays but that consistency has been so sporadic that his play is not blameless. In fact, he needs to shoulder the blame and become better, if he wants to end his career on a winning note one day. Getting all things right around him for winning SB happens once in a while, and that's usually a sign of going the way of Stafford, Dalton, Alex Smith,etc., more often than not.

Teams with good pass rushes usually make qbs look avg at best. You couldn’t run the ball againdt SF and that was the downfall there. Whatever you think of Cousins you aren’t going to get better qb play from 25 of the other 32 starting qbs in this league. You should be thrilled to have him. I’m sure who ever Keenum is playing with now would trade you him in a heartbeat. Teddy can’t stretch the field...I’m not going to say who is at fault but Kirk isn’t why you aren’t taking that next step. The defense the OL play lots of areas have diminished. Can Kirk carry you despite that...probably not..but outside the handful I mentioned earlier...you need to look at other areas to why. That’s just someone from the outside giving his nonobjective opinion because I could care less about Diggs, Cousins, or anyone on that team. All I know is it’s pretty special to make the playoffs and even more to win on the road in the Superdome. He wasn’t phased and he dropped a handful of dimes that few can including the one that set up the game winning Td. Good luck next year!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'd have seen Ryan Tannehill play with passion for Titans, he has his limitations but he played with willpower to win, he elevated other players who had accepted their team as below average for past 4 years of Mariota, he played perfect complementary game for a great RB, he played for his team and not for his stats, he played with a point to prove after being discarded in the league, he made plays to win against tough teams with unbelievably better talent like Chiefs, Ravens and Patriots among other games during a great comeback into the playoffs. 

 

That's the kind of QB you need to start building everything around him with a goal to win SB. 

 

Yeah, he was one of the other 25, just one example, I'd happily trade for. 

 

The above explained were all intangibles that Cousins doesn't have unfortunately, and he would get blame on so many other players and coaches, other position units (just as you said) and franchises throughout his career for his lack of those intangibles, which make for a successful QB. 

 

I'm sure you would continue to blame Vikings defense (!) for all the rest of the years of Cousins in Minnesota along with all other position groups like OL and other external factors like coaching, game plan, injuries,....

 

I'd continue to expect at least one full season from Cousins the way Tannehill played for Titans where no one needed to point fingers at anyone even in defeat because they know they all gave their best! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think you'd have seen Ryan Tannehill play with passion for Titans, he has his limitations but he played with willpower to win, he elevated other players who had accepted their team as below average for past 4 years of Mariota, he played perfect complementary game for a great RB, he played for his team and not for his stats, he played with a point to prove after being discarded in the league, he made plays to win against tough teams with unbelievably better talent like Chiefs, Ravens and Patriots among other games during a great comeback into the playoffs. 

 

That's the kind of QB you need to start building everything around him with a goal to win SB. 

 

Yeah, he was one of the other 25, just one example, I'd happily trade for. 

 

The above explained were all intangibles that Cousins doesn't have unfortunately, and he would get blame on so many other players and coaches, other position units (just as you said) and franchises throughout his career for his lack of those intangibles, which make for a successful QB. 

 

I'm sure you would continue to blame Vikings defense (!) for all the rest of the years of Cousins in Minnesota along with all other position groups like OL and other external factors like coaching, game plan, injuries,....

 

I'd continue to expect at least one full season from Cousins the way Tannehill played for Titans where no one needed to point fingers at anyone even in defeat because they know they all gave their best! 

If you think Ryan Tannehill would get you over the top tells me all that I need to know. We simply disagree and will never see eye to eye. I’m not a Minnesota fan so I have no dog in the fight but I have seen enough from Cousins who outshined RG3 to take the job in Washington and seen him help you to some big wins as well. He has plenty of fight and leadership. He may not be Joe Montana but he ain’t Jay Cutler either. If you want to say his contract limits you guys...sure...most qbs are overpaid outside a few elite ones but man you would think you would appreciate the qb you have because it’s seldom you get a Brett Farve, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton. You could easily go back to Matt Cassells, Christian Ponders, Tarvais Jackson’s, Gus Frerottes of the world. Good luck!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Rhodes who this thread is all about. Again familiarity with the staff should mean we know his positives and negatives. Hopefully we try to keep him in position to play his best ball. It’s one year prove something deal so we are both hoping to get the best out of this season. I’ve not heard he is a bad locker room type etc so should be good with our young secondary if even just sharing his knowledge even if his skills are diminished. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If you think Ryan Tannehill would get you over the top tells me all that I need to know. We simply disagree and will never see eye to eye. I’m not a Minnesota fan so I have no dog in the fight but I have seen enough from Cousins who outshined RG3 to take the job in Washington and seen him help you to some big wins as well. He has plenty of fight and leadership. He may not be Joe Montana but he ain’t Jay Cutler either. If you want to say his contract limits you guys...sure...most qbs are overpaid outside a few elite ones but man you would think you would appreciate the qb you have because it’s seldom you get a Brett Farve, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton. You could easily go back to Matt Cassells, Christian Ponders, Tarvais Jackson’s, Gus Frerottes of the world. Good luck!

That's the fear that has kept Vikings from having a Hall of Fame QB for many decades. They didn't even have a single QB start for all games for two straight years since 70s! That's the fear that led Vikings to give up first round pick for Bradford, which made us miss Watson or Mahomes. That's the fear that has kept them always out of SB contention for 6 decades! 

 

That they would go with average and hope one day everything clicks.. let's see if it clicks for Cousins.. but if you think praising Tannehill is somewhat an insult to intelligence, I think you have some bias for Cousins surely, like Michigan or some personal basis.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is about Rhodes, but do want to say real quick.

 

Tannehill avg 123yds a game in the playoffs this last year. 2 of which were 88yds or below.

 

Tannehill played well, but I dont think he is a better qb than Cousins.

 

Hell, he has 56td and 16ints for you in 2 years. 107 rating.

 

Definitely gonna have to agree to disagree, this is wild it's almost reversed. Would think you would appreciate him a little more? Now if us Colts fans were complaining about him, that would make sense. We have had great QB's for like 20 years straight. We're of which Cousins probably the best QB to come through Minnesota in a long time?

 

Strange?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Cousins is a decent QB. But I will say this. I get where @VikingsFanInChennai is coming from.

 

Just a few years ago the Vikings were in full win now mode. They had upset the Saints and were primed to get their franchise QB to lead them to the promised land. The defense was set. The offensive weapons were set. So imagine the high expectations when they got Cousins and paid him a ton of money. 
 

Cousins has played well, that’s obvious. But has he done enough to warrant the contract that he got? Essentially doing the same thing that his predecessor did before him in the playoffs? 
 

He has got to step up in a big way this year, and like others have said that starts with beating your division rivals. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think Cousins is a decent QB. But I will say this. I get where @VikingsFanInChennai is coming from.

 

Just a few years ago the Vikings were in full win now mode. They had upset the Saints and were primed to get their franchise QB to lead them to the promised land. The defense was set. The offensive weapons were set. So imagine the high expectations when they got Cousins and paid him a ton of money. 
 

Cousins has played well, that’s obvious. But has he done enough to warrant the contract that he got? Essentially doing the same thing that his predecessor did before him in the playoffs? 
 

He has got to step up in a big way this year, and like others have said that starts with beating your division rivals. 

Bingo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w87r said:

This thread is about Rhodes, but do want to say real quick.

 

Tannehill avg 123yds a game in the playoffs this last year. 2 of which were 88yds or below.

 

Tannehill played well, but I dont think he is a better qb than Cousins.

 

Hell, he has 56td and 16ints for you in 2 years. 107 rating.

 

Definitely gonna have to agree to disagree, this is wild it's almost reversed. Would think you would appreciate him a little more? Now if us Colts fans were complaining about him, that would make sense. We have had great QB's for like 20 years straight. We're of which Cousins probably the best QB to come through Minnesota in a long time?

 

Strange?

fans of both the franchise's Kirk has played for have treated him like crap when all he does is beat out people that everyone claimed was better than him or won them games to being an MVP candidate this year with his great play and stats its actually weird lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the hate for Cousins from Vikings fans. Is he Good, Very Good, or Great maybe not but at worse he is Above Average and I can argue that he is Good actually stat wise and winning wise. He is definitely better than Average and doesn't stink so I don't get it. star trek slapping GIF - he doesn't get it either being Captain Kirk.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't get the hate for Cousins from Vikings fans. Is he Good, Very Good, or Great maybe not but at worse he is Above Average and I can argue that he is Good actually stat wise and winning wise. He is definitely better than Average and doesn't stink so I don't get it. star trek slapping GIF - he doesn't get it either being Captain Kirk.

He hasn’t produced and the Viking brass signed him to a cap killing contract

     As those posters have pointed out many of his successes came because of others

        
 

 

   In sports if you don’t produce you get booed and/or fired

       It is the nature of the game 

     

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He hasn’t produced and the Viking brass signed him to a cap killing contract

     As those posters have pointed out many of his successes came because of others

        
 

 

   In sports if you don’t produce you get booed and/or fired

       It is the nature of the game 

     

He beat the heavily favored Saints and Brees on the road last year in the playoffs. That is a signature win.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He beat the heavily favored Saints and Brees on the road last year in the playoffs. That is a signature win.

Jacoby beat the Chiefs and people want him gone

 

    He was supposed to take them to the next step and was paid that way and hasn’t    
        The Vikings have not had a dominant QB since Fran Tarkenton

           
   The only thing good about the contract was that it forced the Vikes to release guys like Rhodes 

 

     

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Jacoby beat the Chiefs and people want him gone

 

    He was supposed to take them to the next step and was paid that way and hasn’t    
        The Vikings have not had a dominant QB since Fran Tarkenton

           
   The only thing good about the contract was that it forced the Vikes to release guys like Rhodes 

I am happy we got Rhodes haha . Randall was a Good QB in 1998 for the Vikes. Vikes should've won the SB that year, they went 15-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He beat the heavily favored Saints and Brees on the road last year in the playoffs. That is a signature win.


And some think Teddy B is better! james corden smh GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am happy we got Rhodes haha . Randall was a Good QB in 1998 for the Vikes. Vikes should've won the SB that year, they went 15-1.

Look at the fan base too

    The most successful pro franchise in the past 20 years in Minnesota have been the Lynx and the Market has lost a franchise too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not at that price

Laughter Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

I think Ballard will draft a QB either this year still or next year. He snagged Rivers hoping Rivers can be Good Rivers for at least 1 year. Rivers seems hungry, no rings will do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Ballard will draft a QB either this year still or next year. He snagged Rivers hoping Rivers can be Good Rivers for at least 1 year. Rivers seems hungry, no rings will do that. 

Agreed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't get the hate for Cousins from Vikings fans. Is he Good, Very Good, or Great maybe not but at worse he is Above Average and I can argue that he is Good actually stat wise and winning wise. He is definitely better than Average and doesn't stink so I don't get it. star trek slapping GIF - he doesn't get it either being Captain Kirk.

its seriously crazy lol the dude was a top QB last year no doubt about it yet they want him gone I cant understand it one bit :scratch:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

its seriously crazy lol the dude was a top QB last year no doubt about it yet they want him gone I cant understand it one bit :scratch:

I think the problem you remember only his good games and think that he's top QB. 

 

Watch his game against GB (twice), Chicago, SF, KC (without Mahomes), Seahawks.. 6 games in 2019.

 

Bills, Chicago (twice), NO, Seahawks, Patriots.. 5 games in 2018, that were very bad on his part. 

 

You don't pay a QB top 5 money to expect slightly above average record. Did you do so with Manning? 

 

Look at Tannehill contract for example. They also would pay him 29 million APY if he plays well and stays for 4 years. But, if he sucks, they could get out of his contract in two years. 

 

Cousins made sure to get 84 million fully guaranteed in three years with no-trade clause, that pays the same APY amount, but there's no way to get out of the deal and it also constricts the cap space all three years. Otherwise, you could move around the cap hit one year and try to retain some players. Now he gets extended, we either cut him next offseason or we get 31 million and 45 million cap hit in 2021 and 2022.. 

 

If we could all get in return worse record than what we had with Case Keenum, is it all worth it? 

 

It's not hate on Kirk, he will have earned close to 200 million and could compete with 20 years of Tom Brady's earnings very soon and he has done very well In his career for himself and family. Good for him. Now, as fans, should we or not expect good things in return? How about an NFCCG appearance that Keenum was able to bring? How about a SB appearance? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...