Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My opinion: If the Patriots move on from Brady and he hits FA, we have to be in on that.

If this is his last year in NE, he will ride off into the sunset and retire.

I don't think there's a chance he'll end up on any other team. 

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Honestly....

I cannot picture him with any other organization.

I mean seriously.  Think about it.

Great minds think alike.

Wholeheartedly agree 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i asked a bunch of fans this same thing in person and they all hated it lol

i bet even Irsay and maybe Ballard would have some reservations about it too.  if it were up to me and he wanted to come here i say do it, lets make a super bowl run 

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'm not entirely sure it's going to happen, but the rumors are a bit too persistent and a bit too grounded in reality to ignore entirely.  There is a sense that this might be Brady's last year in New England as the Patriots brace for a new era.

If that's the case, I want the Colts to be in on that and try to make a deal that makes sense.

The fact is that if Brady does hit the market we're almost a perfect landing spot.  We have a world class offensive line, a lot of good options on the short pass, TY for the long game, and a good run attack.  We've also got a good receiving back which is something Brady seems to like having around.  We're practically purpose built to take the pressure off an aging but supremely skilled QB 

I'm sure this sentiment isn't going to be universally shared.  The guy beat us too many times for everyone to love the idea.  But me I say that this guy was a match for Manning when both were in their prime, and he's still out there.  It might be our only chance to actually bag an elite QB.

And again, this is entirely dependent on the Patriots actually releasing Brady, and Brady not retiring. I think Brady will hit the market if released, but no one has any idea whats' going on in New England at the moment.  So I guess we'll see

Brady would cut of his right arm (sidearm, if you like it better) sooner, than signing with Colts.

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Not in any way that matters to a QB

We had a WAY better offensive line, a WAY better rushing attack, WAY better TEs (seriously, I'd take either Doyle or Ebron over anyone NE started at TE this year).  Brady started with an incredible receiving unit but that got scattered to the winds even before ours did.

The offensive line woes alone make this comparison imperfect IMHO.  Not only did they lose their first string centerman and have to play a backup C all year, but they had Marshall Newhouse inflicted on them at guard until another injured OL, Isaiah Wynn, got back on the field.  That's going to hurt any QBs numbers.

That and even with those setbacks they still went 12-4, so I mean, take that QBR and put it in context.

Context is Brady has passed his prime another year he will most likely be worse than Brissett . 

6 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'm not entirely sure it's going to happen, but the rumors are a bit too persistent and a bit too grounded in reality to ignore entirely.  There is a sense that this might be Brady's last year in New England as the Patriots brace for a new era.

If that's the case, I want the Colts to be in on that and try to make a deal that makes sense.

The fact is that if Brady does hit the market we're almost a perfect landing spot.  We have a world class offensive line, a lot of good options on the short pass, TY for the long game, and a good run attack.  We've also got a good receiving back which is something Brady seems to like having around.  We're practically purpose built to take the pressure off an aging but supremely skilled QB 

I'm sure this sentiment isn't going to be universally shared.  The guy beat us too many times for everyone to love the idea.  But me I say that this guy was a match for Manning when both were in their prime, and he's still out there.  It might be our only chance to actually bag an elite QB.

And again, this is entirely dependent on the Patriots actually releasing Brady, and Brady not retiring. I think Brady will hit the market if released, but no one has any idea whats' going on in New England at the moment.  So I guess we'll see

Id be fine with that.  You make a good argument.   But I suspect Brady would rather play for a team like the Chargers.   He’d be in So Cal where he and his wife like living.   The Chargers were thought to be a playoff team before their season came unraveled much like ours did.   

But if Brady comes free, I’d certainly want to kick those tires.   By the way...  saw some stats quickly yesterday.   Brady was good in the first half of this season.  But shockingly poor in the second half.   Now...   how much of this is zbrady and how much is the rest of the team is hard to know?   But I’m curious!  

I just want to put this out there frank and Ballard are to blame in a just shell for us being out the playoffs , reason #1 they where to in flexible and stubborn Adam was injured and he was killing us in games The team should have been #1 and he should have been IRed #2 frank and Ballard didn’t have the stones to pull brissett and see what the other guy had Titian’s benched mariota and it resulted in a playoff berth granted the other guys could have sucked but brissett played him self out of that starting spot being a lock 

Count me in. One or two years. Be better than playing with Jacoby. 

I was all for giving Jacoby a chance cause I didn’t feel like 2017 was very fair to gauge him on given how terrible the line was, the defense, the coaching. I have seen enough now to believe he’s nothing more than a very solid backup. I’d prefer to go all in and move up in draft for a QB but if that’s not realistic then I’d be happy with Brady. 

Brady on top of being accurate is extremely fast with his release and good at going through progressions. Things Jacoby has yet to improve. Behind our OL could be good fit for the short term.  

6 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Lot of you forgot Peyton Manning winning in Denver. Peyton took them to two Superbowls, and won one despite being in retirement age territory.

Yea, I'd gladly sell my soul to the devil for a Superbowl. Let's do this!

I just can't. :no:

• Like 1

Brady ain't playing for anybody else.  The Pats and I'm sure his own goal is to end things with that one team.  The one that allowed him the opportunity to make his name.  They've carefully planned this thing to end better than how things ended with Peyton in Indy.

20 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Brady will be washed soon.  He doesn’t throw deep anymore.  Colts fans complaining about Brissett not throwing deep enough will be frustrated with the old man soon enough if he comes to Indy. Pass!  Don’t need him here. Kraft would force Belichick to resign him before he allows his golden boy to play in Indy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Brady will be washed soon.  He doesn’t throw deep anymore.  Colts fans complaining about Brissett not throwing deep enough will be frustrated with the old man soon enough if he comes to Indy. Pass!  Don’t need him here. Kraft would force Belichick to resign him before he allows his golden boy to play in Indy. 

Kraft has no leverage over Belichick.... and Brady is an unrestricted free agent as of March.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/bill-belichick-contract-end/

And besides the obvious football leverage.... it wouldn't surprise me if Belichick has 8 x 10 glossies of Kraft with a Shetland pony.

I honestly think the Pats problem this time around was they had too many pedestrian receivers. He didnt have much to work with in my opinion. I think if you replay the Titans and Texans games the Pats win both of those if you give Brady access to Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon.

6 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Kraft has no leverage over Belichick.... and Brady is an unrestricted free agent as of March.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/bill-belichick-contract-end/

And besides the obvious football leverage.... it wouldn't surprise me if Belichick has 8 x 10 glossies of Kraft with a Shetland pony.

Kraft calls the shots.  Otherwise Jimmy G would be under center in New England by now and Tommy Terrific would be closing out his career in the Bay.  Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy G. but Brady went over his head and appealed to Kraft.  No way Kraft lets Brady sign with Indy.  He’d convince Tom to sign for less to retire a Pat before he lets that happen. I dint think Brady would want to play for this franchise anyway.  Too much ill feelings behind Deflategate.  

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 9:29 AM, Imgrandojji said:

Negative no cheaters allowed on this team...

35 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Kraft calls the shots.  Otherwise Jimmy G would be under center in New England by now and Tommy Terrific would be closing out his career in the Bay.  Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy G. but Brady went over his head and appealed to Kraft.  No way Kraft lets Brady sign with Indy.  He’d convince Tom to sign for less to retire a Pat before he lets that happen. I dint think Brady would want to play for this franchise anyway.  Too much ill feelings behind Deflategate.  

You’re probably right about the unlikelihood of Brady ever playing for the Colts..... but if he wants to, there’s nothing Kraft can do about it.... he’s an unrestricted free agent in March.

52 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Bob Kraft's position in his own organization isn't what it used to be.  He's embarrassed the Patriots more than once in the last 24 months.  If you think for one minute that he has any leverage over Belichick at this point in time, you're probably mistaken.

The fact of the matter is there's a lot of rumblings among the fanbase and STH in New England that it's time for Bob Kraft to step aside and let his son Jonathan take over the reins of the organization.  That embarrassing scandal he sprung on the franchise last year due to his activities in Florida did not help matters in attempting to resist that transition.

Ever since Myra Kraft died in 2011, there's a very large sense that Robert's been circling the drain even as the franchise he owns has flourished under Belichick.  If Bob has any leverage to take a stand against Bill, it isn't very much.  kraft is more or less isolated right now.  Most of the team personnel are loyal first and foremost to Belichick, second to the Patriots franchise, and only by implication to Robert Kraft. 

If Jonathan Kraft chose to do so he could probably push his father aside fairly easily, especially if Jonathan had Bill's support.  Corporate coups d'etat have happened before for lesser reasons.

Bottom line, Kraft has probably been a figurehead of the Patriots more than an owner for the last 5 years, and especially in the last 18-24 months. Most of the franchise seems to be waiting for Robert to step down and let new leadership (read:Jonathan) take over, and it's that, as much or more as the decline of Brady, that seems to be putting cracks in the dynasty right now

There is a lot of hubbub out there right now about Brady wearing the horseshoe next year. Therefore, I have created the above "yes/no" poll to gauge fan interest.

It actually makes a lot of sense. Belichick is "not prepared" to discuss Brady's future and there are reports saying Tom would not give them a home team discount again. 

He is an established veteran even if he is on the down slide. We have a strong offensive line to keep him on his feet and a string running game. It would also be likely to keep AC from retiring. 

The Colts are expected to have the most cap space next year as well. 

It would only be a stop-gap measure for a year or two, but Jacoby could continue to learn from someone he has worked with and learned from in the past. This would allow us to focus on wide receiver and pass rush in the draft. 

Even with it making sense I still want to throw up in my mouth a little when I think about it. 

• Like 1