Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Campbell to IR

coltfaninnewyork

20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Campbell has every bit of talent Brown has. Now he just needs to stay healthy. We have always had the worst luck with injuries. 

Na I think Brown was a better player in college and he’s going to be better in the pros. Yes Campbell has talent but this is one of those would you rather have Michael Thomas or TY Hilton? Pretty sure 100% would choose Thomas not a knock on Hilton.

3 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Na I think Brown was a better player in college and he’s going to be better in the pros. Yes Campbell has talent but this is one of those would you rather have Michael Thomas or TY Hilton? Pretty sure 100% would choose Thomas not a knock on Hilton.

I don’t think there is any way of knowing how Campbell’s season might of gone if he had stayed healthy. Seems like he would get back and have another injury.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think there is any way of knowing how Campbell’s season might of gone if he had stayed healthy. Seems like he would get back and have another injury.

7 games played 18 rec 127 yards 1 touchdown. He had endless opportunities with all the injuries, yes he grades out as incomplete for the season but Brown just had a game with 4 catches 141 yards and 2 touchdowns 

7 minutes ago, runthepost said:

7 games played 18 rec 127 yards 1 touchdown. He had endless opportunities with all the injuries, yes he grades out as incomplete for the season but Brown just had a game with 4 catches 141 yards and 2 touchdowns 

Your missing the point. It started with missing all of TC. Then he would play a couple games get injured. Then come back and get injured. He never really got a chance to actually get settled in. A rookie is going to be inconsistent if they can’t stay on the field.

Saw it happen live. Caught a short pass near Colts sideline (defensive end of field). Was tackled and went down awkwardly. Reached for his foot and I said to wife “Campbell’s hurt again.” He got up, limped a few steps, then tried to jog it off going to the sideline. 

Dang.   I hope he doesn't have a glass career.   Even though it was limited time, I think Brown is a better WR.   But he was gone when the Colts drafted Campbell, so Metcalf or McLauren are the better comparisons.   They probably are better at this point too.  Hopefully all these injuries don't affect Campbells speed because that is what he really brought to the table.  

Analytics, maybe there is a test where they can test bone density on each player before drafting him, or just don't draft anyone from Ohio State, just look at the players coming out that the colts drafted, Cambell, Gonzalez, the OL can't remember his name and i am sure there are a few more

well...That's unfortunete. Hope this guy stays healthy next season, but gosh...we cannot seem to catch a break can we?

Fountain, Funchess, Campbell, Hilton, Rodgers, Ebron, and I feel like I'm forgeting someone...all out of the season (but TY, but it may be better for him to go to IR too)

We will definetly need a WR high next draft, cause our recieving corps ain't looking good now and won't in the future it seems.

10 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

Fountain, Funchess, Campbell, Hilton, Rodgers, Ebron, and I feel like I'm forgeting someone...all out of the season (but TY, but it may be better for him to go to IR too)

Turay

And in TC there was Patterson, Brown, Ishmael, Nacua, and Isaiah Johnson (and Fountain you already mentioned)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Broken foot.

This guy is glass.

Glass, idk yet. He has certainly had his share of horrific luck so far. I mean one play back from broken hand (fluke issue) he breaks his foot (another fluke play). I was most concerned over the hamstring with a speed guy. I’m not ready to leave him as a glass bust yet. Let’s see what next season brings before we label him. Maybe the coaches can design some much better plays for him. They better or what’s the point in having a shifty speedster like that? 

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'm telling u.  It's the curse of Luck and its much like the curse of the Bambino. The Red Sox traded Ruth to the Yankees and didn't win a title for ever.  Let's watch this play out hahaha. We will never win a title till say 2080 or so!!!!!

let's re-visit this in 61 years...

If you got it right, I'll change my avatar lol

3 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

The way the Colts deal with injures are becoming a joke

Perhaps we should look into different physicians because I’m with you, we have t handled injuries well for a long while now. Not sure who that falls on, medical or CB saying play through it. Idk 

hate to see him get hurt again and again and again some players bodies are not made to take the pounding in the nfl. 

3 hours ago, #12. said:

In the future, maybe Campbell can in a way become your Percy Harvin-type receiver, but we need a real, polished receiver.  

yes we do need a proven talent, project draft picks take a long time to develop if at all

46 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

This is just absolutely disgusting, has anyone noticed that The Colts seem to draft injury prone guys? 

Campbell has no injury history at OSU. I think he might of had a concussion but that was it

TY dedicates his season to luck then goes down with a calf. Weird stuff has happened to this team.