Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please rate this block by Quenton Nelson.

zibby43

I'd probably rate it a 4.4.  Jacoby's pocket awareness and elite footwork is what really made that block!  Remember, Quentin's blocks will only block as far as Jacoby's block will block them.....:troll:.

Sorry been reading way too much of the hyper aggressive, and mostly asinine,  "Jacoby performace merge thread."

Obviously, that was dope! 

OFF TOPIC:  This team is on the right path, and just in case the humorless "admit hes elite" crowd is watching, I think Brisett is a huge part of it.

That first Texans game was Obi-wan's signature win.  Im looking forward to a repeat performance on their turf Thurs.  Houston is gonna make us win thru the air again.  And although our pass pro has been suspect lately I believe Jacoby is up to the task. 

+/- 300 passing yrds, 3 TDs.  (0 int, 1 forced fumble). 

Very excited, possibly to the point of homer-ism, for TNF!  This is the biggest (pre playoff) GOTY.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

I'd probably rate it a 4.4.  Jacoby's pocket awareness and elite footwork is what really made that block!  Remember, Quentin's blocks will only block as far as Jacoby's block will block them.....:troll:.

Sorry been reading way too much of the hyper aggressive, and mostly asinine,  "Jacoby performace merge thread."

So you troll the fans who are positive about JB and then put this up? :troll:

How sweet of you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you troll the fans who are positive about JB and then put this up? :troll:

How sweet of you. 

It was the biggest "I'm obviously joking" sign I could find on short notice.  Yet, here you are again, quoting only a portion of the post. 

Once again leaving out the portion where I'm very positive about Jacoby, and his role in the upcoming Thursday night tilt vs the Texans.  

I'm not sure if it's to support some odd agenda (?) Or to create some sort of artificial controversy (?)  Either way I guess it's fine.  You seem to be having a good time and I'm all for that.  I just wanted to find out if what I thought I was seeing was accurate.

I'm not sure "why" you do what you do but it's helpful, for future reference, to understand "what" it is that you do.  

Fingers crossed for a big win on Thursday, I know we can agree on that!

It's very rare to see a guard like that. One who is actively looking for a blitz and, basically just looking for someone to light up. I'm glad he got his mojo back last week. Hopefully he can keep continue this performance tomorrow night. 

I can't imagine the Texans D is excited to face Big Q. 

40 minutes ago, stitches said:

I just came here to post the same thing... This is part of the reason Q is so special. A lot of players have physical talent, but the mental processing here is on another level. 

He’s pretty damn quick for a big fella too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

lol that guy went from "Im about to sack the Jacoby or bat the ball" to "How the heck did i end up in the endzone"

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking - he wound up on the turf in the endzone. What a great block!

• Like 1

Amazing awareness by Big Q!!! But why did Braden Smith not stay in his lane for the stunt going inside? I know it is Calais Campbell but Braden Smith, with the corner of his eye could have seen the LB sneaking towards the LOS faster than Q could and recovered quickly, IMO.

That is my take on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not only is he the best OG in the league, he is the best lineman period. The guy could absolutely play LT, he is a better athlete than Castonzo, and a play like this proves it. 

I wouldn't play him there because he is the perfect G, but he absolutely could if needed, and probably be an upgrade.

Best draft pick since Andrew Luck.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Not only is he the best OG in the league, he is the best lineman period. The guy could absolutely play LT, he is a better athlete than Castonzo, and a play like this proves it. 

I wouldn't play him there because he is the perfect G, but he absolutely could if needed, and probably be an upgrade.

Best draft pick since Andrew Luck.

No doubt about it. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

Obviously, that was dope! 

OFF TOPIC:  This team is on the right path, and just in case the humorless "admit hes elite" crowd is watching, I think Brisett is a huge part of it.

That first Texans game was Obi-wan's signature win.  Im looking forward to a repeat performance on their turf Thurs.  Houston is gonna make us win thru the air again.  And although our pass pro has been suspect lately I believe Jacoby is up to the task. 

+/- 300 passing yrds, 3 TDs.  (0 int, 1 forced fumble). 

Very excited, possibly to the point of homer-ism, for TNF!  This is the biggest (pre playoff) GOTY.

Yeah, I’m excited to but unfortunately I don’t think we will win

26 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, I’m excited to but unfortunately I don’t think we will win

I hear you, it's a coin flip.  I'm feeling ok about it though.

I've been wrong in the past (so often) but despite "playing down to our competition" we've been solid in our divisional games this year, undefeated in fact.  Seems like they get up for these.  Frank will have them ready.

Wish it was at LOS, but we've performed well in Houston in the past and I think TY will play, you just put him in a uni and we're already in their head.

Both teams are beat up so that's a wash.  Both on a short week so that's a wash.

From a colts perspective,  I think this is Jacobys coming out party.  We want national attention for obi-wan jacoby, this is his chance.  They're gonna try to make him beat them thru the air and I know he can.  Unlike last time most of the country is gonna be watching.  Say what you want about Brissett but he doesnt shrink under the big lights.

Plus our d has been sneaky solid for awhile now......gonna be close but I like our chances..........

• Like 1