Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward

chad72

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Well that must be awkward for you to post, you’ve been going around all week saying the locker room probably hates Adam and doesn’t want him on our team...

Huh. I have never said that. I posted a quote from hooker yesterday showing how much the team loves him. I think the team knows they have played like crap and it isn’t all AV fault.

idk how anyone’s upset they’re not getting rid of vinny smh like do you not see the other two people contributing to his failures? Rhodes and sanchez need to get their crap together and help Vinny Correctly i’ve yet to hear them shoulder some blame while everyone’s thrashing Vinny when obviously the holds and snaps have been a problem as well 

• Like 2

Just now, will426 said:

adam has said he even practiced with the laces the way he doesn’t like to kick them..and he said they went wide left..complained about an issue about laces tried to work thru it and still being blamed fully  

sounds like the long snapper and holder need replaced as well

• Like 1

Just now, will426 said:

adam has said he even practiced with the laces the way he doesn’t like to kick them..and he said they went wide left..complained about an issue about laces tried to work thru it and still being blamed fully  

My man that was one kick. Also not the sole reason for the issue people have with AV.

• Like 3

Brissett is probably starting all next year too.

They have to keep propagating the myth that Ballard is a genius GM for making the Brissett trade with New England.  And Reich has said that Brissett is a top 20 QB so many times that he is starting to believe it himself.

These guys have now "settled in" and have a vested interest in protecting their previous decisions. They will propagate the status quo, adding incremental improvements and protecting their jobs to the detriment of the Colts team. We can expect no real change from these guys...change will have to come from Big Jim.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

They have to keep propagating the myth that Ballard is a genius GM for making the Brissett trade with New England.  And Reich has said that Brissett is a top 20 QB so many times that he is starting to believe it himself.

These guys have now "settled in" and have a vested interest in protecting their previous decisions. They will propagate the status quo, adding incremental improvements and protecting their jobs to the detriment of the Colts team. We can expect no real change from these guys...change will have to come from Big Jim.

I think it’s fair to give Brissett the rest of his contact and see what he can do. Let’s see what he can do going into next season as the guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

Guessing that means the other kickers weren't any good. 

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Disappointing news about Adam unless the guys they worked out just weren’t better.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That tweet seems to indicate that no one really impressed

• Like 1

I'm fine with keeping Vinny as long as we go for 2 every time. Really his FG% is bad but not terrible. It's his missed XP% that are killing us. He kicks 73ish% on FGs but only 70% on XPs. I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure our conversion rate on down and 2 or less yards to go is around that number. Might as well take 2 points instead of 1 if the conversion rate is similar

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Guessing that means the other kickers weren't any good. 

I don't think it’s that. I just think it’s the man himself and his legendary status.

Didn’t matter what those guys did. Adam is Adam and they never intended on moving on from him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

confused error GIF by Squirrel Monkey

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

That tweet seems to indicate that no one really impressed

Could be; however, it's also possible that they did impress.

Just not impressive enough to move on from Adam Vinatieri the person (not the current player).

Well, I mean, if there's not a better option, then there's just not a better option.  I'm not going to go out on a ledge and act like I have the faith in him to not miss a crucial kick though.  I hope he makes it, and most the time he will, but he's missing enough kicks that we're looking at other options.  By definition, that's not faith.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Could be; however, it's also possible that they did impress.

Just not impressive enough to move on from Adam Vinatieri the person (not the current player).

Well if they did impress and we didn't sign one, I don't see the point of bringing them in when clearly we didn't even plan to sign one

8 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I don't think it’s that. I just think it’s the man himself and his legendary status.

Didn’t matter what those guys did.   Adam is Adam and they never intended on moving on from him

100% agree.

Bring in kickers that you have no intention of signing no matter what so you can say "we had every intention of holding him accountable but nobody was better."

They could have tried out Justin Tucker yesterday and they 100000% wouldn't have signed him and cut Vinny. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Nonsense

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2