Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I"m still kind of shaky about this Jags game since Foles will be under center.   That makes them a bit of a different team versus getting them with Minshew.  This is going to be a dog fight.  If we can pull this one off without Ty, Funch, and Campbell I will feel pretty good.   We have a hard one coming up this Sunday. 

I don’t see us winning if neither TY or DF is back. Jacoby does give us a better chance though.  They are able to get a lot of pressure and if the passing game doesn’t show something then they will just % down the running game. Maybe Johnson will have better luck with Jacoby since he gets a full week of practice with him. I expect the jags run game to improve because Foles has such s great deep ball. It’s going to be hard to stop the run if he starts getting some deep passses. Desir needs to come back this game. He did not practice again today.

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Lol we have some absolutely pathetic “fans”. 

Maybe but we also have a bunch on here that live on fantasy island too thinking that man is still the answer he is far from it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I gotta think Ballard could find a kicker who could at least make extra point kicks! 

perhaps. But to be fair, the Patriots have been searching for nearly 7 weeks and haven't been able to upgrade either. So perhaps at this point, its ride or die?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t see us winning if neither TY or DF is back. Jacoby does give us a better chance though.  They are able to get a lot of pressure and if the passing game doesn’t show something then they will just % down the running game. Maybe Johnson will have better luck with Jacoby since he gets a full week of practice with him. I expect the jags run game to improve because Foles has such s great deep ball. It’s going to be hard to stop the run if he starts getting some deep passses. Desir needs to come back this game. He did not practice again today.

Remember Foles is new to the team and receivers and that is not mentioning the weekly head scratcher of a game plan the Jax coaches produce

BTW 

The QB play affects everyone 

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Maybe but we also have a bunch on here that live on fantasy island too thinking that man is still the answer he is far from it.

They are called true blue fans and/or lifers

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Not getting much return at the moment on that Desir investment thus far

you can't foresee injuries.  that said, his contract is easy to get out of

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

perhaps. But to be fair, the Patriots have been searching for nearly 7 weeks and haven't been able to upgrade either. So perhaps at this point, its ride or die?

The Titans did too 

Had to have 2 kickers to bridge the RS injury

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

you can't foresee injuries.  that said, his contract is easy to get out of

That is one reason teams tend to give guys with injuries a couple of years to prove themselves before moving on 

1 hour ago, BigQungus said:

That tweet seems to indicate that no one really impressed

I think it's hard to impress someone who doesn't want to be impressed.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derakynn said:

Excited for the next kicking related loss. 

Or the resurgence of AV. There were wins that were kicker related. People seem to forget about them

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Define fan. 

Sounds like this debate is divided into fans of the Colts team vs fans of players. Most that want Vinny gone want to replace a failing player in favor of the Colts team. If thats not you, fine, but that doesnt make other fans pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Not getting much return at the moment on that Desir investment thus far

Outside of Houston...Ballard sure spent a lot of money on nothing this offseason. Not his fault...just sucks.

Reich said in his press conference that Devin will need a scan this week to see if he is completly healed before having contact in practice. He hasn’t ruled him out. Hopefully he checks the last few boxes and gets to play.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

Outside of Houston...Ballard sure spent a lot of money on nothing this offseason. Not really his fault...but man. 

He did a lot of bargain shopping. Maybe next year, he opens up the wallet a little. Unlikely but who knows

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Vinny is currently the 38th ranked kicker with a 72% success rate (4% below 37 BTW) among 40 players that have attempted a kick this year. 

By simple definition of their being only 32 teams there are literally several kickers available that are having a better statistical year than he is. 

It’s not fair to say DF hasn’t been anything when he has only played one game. Let’s wait until the end of the season.

Also the Desir injury is just unfortunate. He is a very solid CB. Unless something weird happens I see him finishing his contract. It gives Tell and Rock time to mature as players.

I am pretty neutral on the AV thing...I think it's reasonable to move on and I can understand why they haven't.

But making him a culprit for the current state of this season is a bit of a stretch. Losing pts to missed kicks isn't unique to the Colts this year. Colts are actually 3rd in the league behind TEN and SF (who managed an undefeated record until Monday night).

And there are actually 7 other teams with a 5-4 record better that have lost 15+ points to kicks this year. It's just been a theme this year.

Playing coin flip games has just magnified those kicks. If the offense could take a next step...the kicking game won't be as big of an issue.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I am pretty neutral on the AV thing...I think it's reasonable to move on and I can understand why they haven't.

But making him a culprit for the current state of this season is a bit of a stretch. Losing pts to missed kicks isn't unique to the Colts this year. Colts are actually 3rd in the league behind TEN and SF (who managed an undefeated record until Monday night).

And there are actually 7 other teams with a 5-4 record better that have lost 15+ points to kicks this year. It's just been a theme this year.

Playing coin flip games has just magnified those kicks. If the offense could take a next step...the kicking game won't be as big of an issue.

Reich mentioned today how there is 20 things that go into winning s game. I think the way these games have been lost is one reason they are sticking with him. If this team had been going out playing 60 minutes of great mistake free football we might see him gone. I think they see this as only a tiny part of why we are losing.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Wow, Guess you are in charge of the Blue Kool-aid sales....  hope you enjoyed the Chargers, Raiders, Pitt and Miami games.....maybe the "fans" hold the team to a higher standard then blind , sheep-like obedience when they invest their time and dollars supporting a team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Wow, Guess you are in charge of the Blue Kool-aid sales....  hope you enjoyed the Chargers, Raiders, Pitt and Miami games.....maybe the "fans" hold the team to a higher standard then

blind , sleep-like obedience when they invest their time and dollars supporting a team.

There is no reason to ruin your week when the outcome does not affect them at all

There are some in here who are acting like I did when I was 5 and the Princeton Community Tigers loss(I knew/know every one of those players personally)

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich mentioned today how there is 20 things that go into winning s game. I think the way these games have been lost is one reason they are sticking with him. If this team had been going out playing 60 minutes of great mistake free football we might see him gone. I think they see this as only a tiny part of why we are losing.

Very true

Yes AV missed a few kicks but there are so many other factors

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Goose stepping to the Status Quo does not make you a true blue fan.  Rather voicing your concern and dislike of bad results and in hopes of more and better outcomes, while still supporting a team with their time and dollars are true fans.  Insanity, as we all have heard is defined as doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results.  Like watching a replay of AV missing all those FG and Extra Points and expecting him to make them this time.

Just now, Old Colt said:

Goose stepping to the Status Quo does not make you a true blue fan.  Rather voicing your concern and dislike of bad results and in hopes of more and better outcomes, while still supporting a team with their time and dollars are true fans.  Insanity, as we all have heard is defined as doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results.  Like watching a replay of AV missing all those FG and Extra Points and expecting him to make them this time.

Here is my response 

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There is no reason to ruin your week when the outcome does not affect them at all

There are some in here who are acting like I did when I was 5 and the Princeton Community Tigers loss(I knew/know every one of those players personally)

It is now time to move on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Wow, Guess you are in charge of the Blue Kool-aid sales....  hope you enjoyed the Chargers, Raiders, Pitt and Miami games.....maybe the "fans" hold the team to a higher standard then

blind , sleep-like obedience when they invest their time and dollars supporting a team.

Everyone seems to think that because AV is struggling, we can just pull some random off the streets or a FA and automatically the kicking woes are solved. 

It’s not quite that simple. We don’t know how many people tried out. We don’t know if Vinny smoked them all. All we know is everyone, including the entire locker room, not just Reich and Ballard are still confident in him. So until you’re in that locker room and front office, I think I’m entitled to call out the “fans” as much as anyone else may or may not do. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

move on lauren GIF by The Hills

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Yep, this is a football forum.   The exact place things like this should be discussed.  

AV has made this a very appropriate conversation to have.   No one is 100% right.  

I could totally understand if Ballard cut Adam.   It wouldn't necessarily be a bad move.

I could totally understand if Ballard keeps Adam on the team.  Ride out the rest of the season.     

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Everyone seems to think that because AV is struggling, we can just pull some random off the streets or a FA and automatically the kicking woes are solved. 

It’s not quite that simple. We don’t know how many people tried out. We don’t know if Vinny smoked them all. All we know is everyone, including the entire locker room, not just Reich and Ballard are still confident in him. So until you’re in that locker room and front office, I think I’m entitled to call out the “fans” as much as anyone else may or may not do. 

You are right, I am not there, but based on your comments you must be....  I just object to you calling the "fans"  "pathetic" when they voice an opinion different than yours. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

i hope for the sake of AV he doesn't end up dooming our playoff hopes

Too late.

41 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Vinny is currently the 38th ranked kicker with a 72% success rate (4% below 37 BTW) among 40 players that have attempted a kick this year. 

By simple definition of their being only 32 teams there are literally several kickers available that are having a better statistical year than he is. 

I don't and wont defend that. I'm just saying if the upgrade is barely better, why make the change?

3 minutes ago, fahlman said:

Too late.

there's still 7 games to go. While unlikely, its not unheard of for a 7 game win streak either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

You mean the ones that only show up on Game Day or Monday to post dumb **** when the Colts lose. 

There not fans, there something you flush. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

How is this relevant to a thread named "Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward"?

2 minutes ago, fahlman said:

How is this relevant to a thread named "Reich says Brissett will start, Adam Vinatieri will be the kicker moving forward"?

Because this thread was created after Reichs presser. Typically instead of creating a new thread I put this relevant stuff in this kind of thread. This was news from today.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A "true blue fan" roots for the team and not the player. This team is losing games due to a single player.

7 minutes ago, fahlman said:

The real question should be, when was Cain relevant?

1 minute ago, fahlman said:

A "true blue fan" roots for the team and not the player. This team is losing games due to a single player.

A single player?  That's hilarious

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Actually 40+

But as I said before it is time to move on

A "true blue fan" roots for the team and not the player.

100% with ya!

This team is losing games due to a single player.

Disagree, it’s not all AV’s fault. 

• Like 2