Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Perma Merge thread

Nadine

I think Andrew did the right thing, first we weren't left to wonder week to week if he was going to return so it eliminated the distraction for the team.  Secondly the majority on this board and I am saying 99% would not be able to deal with the injuries and still play pro football so for all those slamming him get over yourselves and remember it is a game and your life doesn't end when the Colts lose oh and your family wont have to deal with the long term effects of years of injuries on your body. 

Now the real reason for my post:  Did Andrew ever actually file his papers?  I don't think he would come back I am just wondering if anyone here knows for sure?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Andrew Luck had to have watched this game, right? Monday night.... prime time.

He has to feel bad for this team.

He has to feel bad for T.Y.

He has to feel bad for Brisett, who’s clearly not a starting QB, and now he’s been completely exposed because he’s been forced to start.

He’s got to feel bad for Reich, who’s been severely handicapped as a play caller with JB at QB.

11 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

He has to feel bad for Brisett, who’s clearly not a starting QB, and now he’s been completely exposed because he’s been forced to start.

He’s got to feel bad for Reich, who’s been severely handicapped as a play caller with JB at QB.

He’s a rich man, he’ll get over it! 

2 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I am sure he does feel bad for his friends.  I doubt that means he feels like he made the wrong decision.  

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure he does feel bad for his friends.  I doubt that means he feels like he made the wrong decision.  

I think he knows that he made the right decision for himself, but not for the team. And that has to weigh on him. Enough to bring him back? Doubtful.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

hes enjoying time with his wife and daughter, i dont think he wants to be here anymore

he will probably start a business or something someday when she is a little older  

I know... not gonna happen, but...

Let's say for the argument of this post... that would come true... we simply couldn't avoid being picked for the NFL Hard Knocks 2020.

We already are in the conversation as we didn't make the playoffs and don't have a first year HC.

What other story could knock the return of luck off the board?

In general, I don't think the Colts will be on the show 2020 as we are too boring to watch, but I would love it.

How about you guys?

• Like 2

I’ve always wanted to see the Colts on HK.  I don’t buy that “it’s distracting” argument.  If you’re going to let cameras distract you, then there’s something wrong with your abilities to focus.  

As for Luck coming back, I’m not holding my breath.  

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’ve always wanted to see the Colts on HK.  I don’t buy that “it’s distracting” argument.  If you’re going to let cameras distract you, then there’s something wrong with your abilities to focus.  

As for Luck coming back, I’m not holding my breath.  

So you don't think having a camera on you might alter the way you behave?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, #12. said:

They don't need Luck.  Just imagine how riveting a Brissett vs. Hoyer camp competition might be.  

Na, just have them follow this board as the dysfunction here is far more riveting. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Never watched one episode! 

Nor me. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gspdx said:

So you don't think having a camera on you might alter the way you behave?

Have you watched HK?  They all say that they forget the cameras are there. 

Besides, they’re professional athletes, they have cameras on them all the time.  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Have you watched HK?  They all say that they forget the cameras are there. 

Besides, they’re professional athletes, they have cameras on them all the time.  

I've noticed that cameras never impact professional athletes behavior!

I am not just talking about he players, but also the coaches and what they are trying to accomplish.  

7 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Let's say for the argument of this post... that would come true... we simply couldn't avoid being picked for the NFL Hard Knocks 2020.

We already are in the conversation as we didn't make the playoffs and don't have a first year HC.

In general, I don't think the Colts will be on the show 2020 as we are too boring to watch, but I would love it.

How about you guys?

I’ve never seen one.  From the descriptions, it’s not something that would ever be worth watching, but then I don’t watch Reality Shows.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:17 AM, ThorstenDenmark said:

How about you guys?

I'd like it. Tampa, Detroit, NYG and Arizona seem like they would be options. 

On 12/20/2019 at 12:17 PM, ThorstenDenmark said:

How about you guys?

Unless they recently changed it, i think you have to miss the playoffs 2 years in a row to go into the list of teams that can be forced...Technically we could volunteer, but i don't see that happening

On 12/20/2019 at 2:22 PM, #12. said:

They don't need Luck.  Just imagine how riveting a Brissett vs. Hoyer camp competition might be.  

Apparently, playing against our own defense, Brisket and Hoyer look like Moon and Marino playing :hissy:

That's what I'm saying. There's 21 guys and then the QB. As Colts fans who've watched Peyton Manning and to some degree Andrew Luck, we're as aware as a fan base can be that it's a QB driven game. Saying it's all 22 is coach speak and it's the proper motivational approach, but it's also not entirely true.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

I hated when Ballard said that —still do. It was obvious to Colts fans that it WAS mostly about one player.

At the time, Ballard was some new guy who came in and said “it’s not not about one player” and we were all like, “yeah, Sure it’s not.”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I hated when Ballard said that —still do. It was obvious to Colts fans that it WAS mostly about one player.

At the time, Ballard was some new guy who came in and said “it’s not not about one player” and we were all like, “yeah, Sure it’s not.”

Well I tend to agree with him. It really isn't about one guy if you have a complete team. I did not take it as a knock on Andrew but saying we need to improve the entire club.

it can be about one guy

the ravens would be a lot different if they had any other qb, except for vick i guess

it really was about luck, when was the last time we had a winning season without him?  ballard has been here building a few years now too. we cant blame the old roster on losing this year

On 12/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, antipatriot said:

I think Andrew did the right thing, first we weren't left to wonder week to week if he was going to return so it eliminated the distraction for the team.  Secondly the majority on this board and I am saying 99% would not be able to deal with the injuries and still play pro football so for all those slamming him get over yourselves and remember it is a game and your life doesn't end when the Colts lose oh and your family wont have to deal with the long term effects of years of injuries on your body. 

Now the real reason for my post:  Did Andrew ever actually file his papers?  I don't think he would come back I am just wondering if anyone here knows for sure?

Players in the NFL no longer 'file papers' in this digital age.  The team places the player with the Commissioner on the Reserve/Retired status list, where his rights are then held.  Currently, as I last knew, a retired player’s pension rights become activated once a full year has elapsed since his last official NFL employment.

Realize placement on the Reserve/Retired list is fairly easily revoked, and that was true even in the days when retirement papers were filed (with some rules/timelines).

On 12/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, Fluke_33 said:

I bet Irsay is calling Andrew pressing hard for his return and promising to draft a wr at 13 if he does.  But i also don't think Luck is returning.

I'll bet conversations have already been had, and Irsay knows the results.  I personally also feel he doesn't return either.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:01 AM, Ratking said:

He never beat the patriots or the steelers... 

Lol buddy for the longest time the patriots only were beat maybe twice a year. Stop acting like thats an easy task. For a long time it was just andrew, t.y, and 9 broom handles with googly eyes out there trying to beat 11 defenders who are being controlled by emperor Palpatine and his cellar full of illegally filmed practices. 

On 12/16/2019 at 8:27 PM, Flash7 said:

I sure as hell hope he doesn't.

Personally I think if Andrew came back we become instant SB contenders next season.  My opinion, it's not going to happen.

I've read all the garbage about how "Andrew quit on the team" I call bull!!!!.

I think he wanted to be sure he was making the right decision, and with the start of the season looming, he knew his decision would be forever.

Like most of you girls and guys in here, I was mad as hell at first, but in hindsight, I understand, and respect him and his decision.  He made a lot of money playing a game, but gave up the chance to make a lot more choosing his health and family over his love of the game, total respect for him.

• Like 2