Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Perma Merge thread

Nadine

Hi, Colts fans.  :default_20smile:  Forgive me if anyone posted on this already, but does Andrew Luck deserve, and warrant,  to be immortalized in the Colts Ring Of Honor at LOS (the building)?  He did and was part of the Colts teams that won two AFC South division championships in 2013 and 2014, and four playoff appearances among his leadership in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2018, reaching as far as the 2014 AFC Championship game where the Patriots allegedly  won over our Colts during the 'Deflategate' scandal.

Andrew played all seven seasons in the NFL with the Colts.  I doubt Andrew's  stats won't also earn him the gold suit and also immortalized for the NFL's Pro Football Hall Of Fame.  As a fan, I totally agree, in order, his personal well-being, before  his family, and his job (the Colts), is his option to continue his live long and prosperous live after football. 

To me as a fan, I respect Andrew's decision, I would have taken the same difficult decision if I were in his position. But I'm still shaking off, and I hope I'm not the only Colts fan, when he announced his sudden retirement after the preseason, but before the start of the regular season last summer.

Luck left something on the field remaining to be accomplished (Super Bowl), he still had a career ahead of him, and haven't fulfilled his and the Colts team to further improve their excellence in the field, such as advancing the the promised land, the Super Bowl eventually.

He says is still supporting the Colts, and remains living in the Indianapolis area, probably year round.

Thanks for your contributions both on and off the field the past seven seasons as an active player with the Colts, Andrew, and pardon the pun, Great Luck In Your Life! :coltslogo: . :1colts:  :colts: :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :)

• Like 4

I have strong feelings about Andrew, from the expectations that were placed on him, to following his career, to his surprise retirement. I think I shall share with you a quote from the great science fiction writer Frank Herbert, that mirrors my own feelings. Since Andrew was a voracious reader, I would hope that he would appreciate this.....

“Here lies a toppled god.
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

On 11/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, LucasOilStadium said:

Hi, Colts fans.  :default_20smile:  Forgive me if anyone posted on this already, but does Andrew Luck deserve, and warrant,  to be immortalized in the Colts Ring Of Honor at LOS (the building)?  He did and was part of the Colts teams that won two AFC South division championships in 2013 and 2014, and four playoff appearances among his leadership in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2018, reaching as far as the 2014 AFC Championship game where the Patriots allegedly  won over our Colts during the 'Deflategate' scandal.

Andrew played all seven seasons in the NFL with the Colts.  I doubt Andrew's  stats won't also earn him the gold suit and also immortalized for the NFL's Pro Football Hall Of Fame.  As a fan, I totally agree, in order, his personal well-being, before  his family, and his job (the Colts), is his option to continue his live long and prosperous live after football. 

To me as a fan, I respect Andrew's decision, I would have taken the same difficult decision if I were in his position. But I'm still shaking off, and I hope I'm not the only Colts fan, when he announced his sudden retirement after the preseason, but before the start of the regular season last summer.

Luck left something on the field remaining to be accomplished (Super Bowl), he still had a career ahead of him, and haven't fulfilled his and the Colts team to further improve their excellence in the field, such as advancing the the promised land, the Super Bowl eventually.

He says is still supporting the Colts, and remains living in the Indianapolis area, probably year round.

Thanks for your contributions both on and off the field the past seven seasons as an active player with the Colts, Andrew, and pardon the pun, Great Luck In Your Life! :coltslogo: . :1colts:  :colts: :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :)

He’s more deserved than Faulk.  That’s for sure 

• Like 1

No.  I understand his reason for retiring, and actually applaud his decision to put his family first but the whole process of him being signed here sucked from the start.  Andrew had all the talent to get us to the big prize but didn't have the help he needed.  

I have said many times, we have the best owner in the NFL but his decision to hang on to Grigson, who failed to draft or sign players to protect Luck was one of reason's for the injuries that caused him to walk away.

I refuse to put any blame on Pags, or his coaching staff, they only had the tools Grigson provided them.

Now we have the off field injuries. rumor or fact?

I think Andrew done as well as any QB could do in this whole situation.  Great QB?  IF he would have stuck it out this year, could have been epic, Ring of Honor, sorry, not in my opinion.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ojsglove said:

I understand his reason for retiring

Can of worms open (I wasn't here for this and I kind decided to avoid it for some time). I don't know why he did it. I mean I can look at the list of reasons and process the information, but comparing it to the actual timeline of events, it doesn't actually make a whole lot of sense. Why did this take so long to diagnose, why did it run down to the last minute? I know the injuries he sustained prior sucked for him to rehab, but he did play last season and then he played in the Pro Bowl? (!!.. ugh) And the injury that ended it all was/is an ankle after not being able to throw for two-ish years. After having his body blow'd up, to recover it all and then to let a lingering ankle injury with no obvious point of origin cause him to decide retirement at 29 is the move, when literally no one does this (starting QB's and elite ones at that).. As a fan I have more questions than most, and it's been pointed out to me that having these questions means I'm not really a fan or something. I find the whole thing vexing and strange. Andrew will get in the ring of honor, but maybe he shouldn't . He kind of screwed his team and franchise- AND I think the brass agree's but know's better than to express that.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

We can talk about drafting quarterbacks, but the Colts could be chasing a good quarterback for the next 20 years. The most obvious way to fix most of our problems is to hope Andrew is healed up and ready to go again by next season.

U ask me, he awes this fanbase a return. He has taken zero responsibility for his own actions. I'm going to be ready for wk 1. Then the week before retirement he's doing qb drills with a smile on his face in front of fans. Then just abruptly retires and says he chose himself or some crap. Come to think lf it, just draft Tua. 

16 minutes ago, GusFring said:

U ask me, he awes this fanbase a return. He has taken zero responsibility for his own actions. I'm going to be ready for wk 1. Then the week before retirement he's doing qb drills with a smile on his face in front of fans. Then just abruptly retires and says he chose himself or some crap. Come to think lf it, just draft Tua. 

1380482380_bell.gif

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What would you guys think of going after bridgwater is the saints let him go after this season. I don’t think they will but could be a option.

I'd rather draft a QB honestly...

That's just me though, don't want to load up on middle of the road guys.

Tua might be there without having to trade up.  Might be just as good as any other option out there.  Certainly won't be much to choose from in FA.  I used to be against the "mobile" QB.  Until this year.  Guys are dominating the league right now.  I'd cover all bases on that hip first though.

• Like 1

A lot can happen between now and next season:

1. Luck will have had enough time with his new born daughter to feel like he can get back to training. Things would have settled down and the family would be in a daily routine. 

2. Luck will have had enough time to fully rest up and get healthy.

3. Luck is very mindful of others, especially his friends. He would not attempt a come back if Jacoby was doing well. But Jacoby has struggled and Luck may realize that they need him.

4. Luck has to realize that the opportunity to return and play on a team with a solid O-line, great run game, and a solid defense is something he never had during his time with the Colts. This could be a great opportunity for a legitimate shot at the Superbowl. (This year's team could've been a serious contender with Luck).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GusFring said:

I find it odd that this guy continues to live in the city. Someone on twitter said they saw him at whole foods. I thought for sure he would go to some place in Europe to relocate. 

What can you say, Whole Foods is not to be sniffed at. 

We’ve got Morrison’s :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Flash7 said:

I think that if Luck does not return this upcoming year, he will never return.

Luck is a very smart guy. If he's away from football for nearly two years, no doubt he would have found something new to focus on and devote his time to.

sport love GIF by Outside TV

90s baby GIF by 1st Look

He’s done with fuseball!

On 12/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, GusFring said:

I find it odd that this guy continues to live in the city. Someone on twitter said they saw him at whole foods. I thought for sure he would go to some place in Europe to relocate. 

hes still here, just had his daughter at ST Vincent hospital on November 12th.  have a relative that worked with them

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

hes still here, just had his daughter at ST Vincent hospital on November 12th.  have a relative that worked with them

Judging by the last pic I saw of him, I want someone to explain how he hasn't lost any muscle mass. Is he still working out? That would tell you he's done or not. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, GusFring said:

Judging by the last pic I saw of him, I want someone to explain how he hasn't lost any muscle mass. Is he still working out? That would tell you he's done or not. 

Last time he was seen was at the Colts facility during the bye week. He was JACKED! Looked bigger, like a baby Hulk.

20 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Last time he was seen was at the Colts facility during the bye week. He was JACKED! Looked bigger, like a baby Hulk.

One of two things will happen with Luck. He'll either return next year (I can see Irsay making a plea to him based on our QB position and so we don't have to draft a QB) or he'll stay permanently retired. This is a perfect chance for him to return where INDY and the fanbase will welcome him back with open arms. It's next year or never for Luck.

When it comes to Luck, it's simple.  In January, Irsay, Ballard and Frank need to sit down with Luck and ask one simple question.  Are you happier without football?  We understand you were exhausted and burned out from the injuries and rehab, but now that you've been without football for a season, are you happier without it?  If the answer is yes, fine, you move on.  If the answer is no, get back into the building because you have a lot of unfinished business to attend to.  Luck still has the whole second half of his career, possibly another decade to play.

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

One of two things will happen with Luck. He'll either return next year (I can see Irsay making a plea to him based on our QB position and so we don't have to draft a QB) or he'll stay permanently retired. This is a perfect chance for him to return where INDY and the fanbase will welcome him back with open arms. It's next year or never for Luck.

I truly think I agree with you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, #12. said:

When it comes to Luck, it's simple.  In January, Irsay, Ballard and Frank need to sit down with Luck and ask one simple question.  Are you happier without football?  We understand you were exhausted and burned out from the injuries and rehab, but now that you've been without football for a season, are you happier without it?  If the answer is yes, fine, you move on.  If the answer is no, get back into the building because you have a lot of unfinished business to attend to.  Luck still has the whole second half of his career, possibly another decade to play.

You are absolutely correct I couldn't agree more. 

10 hours ago, GusFring said:

He also said he'd be ready for week 1 many times

OK, I need you to show a link with a quote, please. Just one, not even many.

{Not one with qualifiers like saying 'that is the goal', or I'm optimistic that', and the like etc... }

A link that shows/proves where he said (not what reporters/fans inferred) he "would" be ready for week 1...

I don't think he ever did.

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

OK, I need you to show a link with a quote, please. Just one, not even many.

what he actually said was he was "targeting" a week one return.  i think that was the last we heard from him before he retired

26 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

what he actually said was he was "targeting" a week one return.  i think that was the last we heard from him before he retired

Correct, that's all he ever said/implied.  He was 'optimistic', yes he said that (but me being a (now retired) medical person and remembering his history discarded that), said it was a goal (I'm sure it was, but one that was slipping with each passing week in preseason), etc.

Now I, again always looking to the medical side, discount player, coach, GM, and owner remarks.  I look at facts as I know them.  What I knew-

Luck was suffering a 'calf' issue... that lingered ... up to 4 months and counting (too long, hmmmm)

It was reported there was then an ankle issue too...

Then Irsay says a little bone was involved... (Os Trigonum)

Then Ballard says Luck had pain when moving side to side in drills before Browns preseason game (OK, there is a GM medical statement I just might give credence to).

Luck had practiced only 3 times, all 3 only with Limited Participation, all training camp and preseason.  I knew that 'optimistic goal' was not happening.  Then articles began to appear Luck might not be week 1 starter, and many fans here came to realization he wouldn't be under center at least for game 1 (to me probably longer).

Then Luck's retirement was 'leaked' not too long after to spoil his chance to address Indy fans and the NFL in general.

That's is how I remember it, and I stand by it.

• Like 1