Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans vs Texans?

coltsnation

Just now, NorthernBlue said:

Both results help us and harm us in some way.

Titans win = one game back in division but 3 way tie for final WC

Texans win = Same deficit for division but only 2 way tie for final WC 

Either result could help the colts. I think I’m rooting for TENN tho

The Colts hold the tie breaker for the wild card spot over the Titans bc of the win last week. So I am going for the Titans versus Texans so we can have an easier path to win the division.

• Like 1

Still a lot of games to be played yet. Colts have to play at Jacksonville, Texans, and the Titans on the Road. Home games against the Cowboys and Giants.

Houston has to play Titans, Cleveland and Indy at Home. Philly, Jets and Jacksonville on the Road.

Titans has Indy, Washington, Jacksonville and the Jets at home. Road games are Houston, Giants.

Ravens Have to play at the Chargers, Kansas, and Atlanta. Home against Cleveland and Tampa.

Steelers play at New Orleans, Oakland. Home against Chargers, New England and Bengals.

So IMOP I would rather Titans loose or the Ravens loose 3 of the next 5. I do not see the steelers loosing at home and Houston loosing against the Cleveland the Jets or the Titans 

7 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Still a lot of games to be played yet. Colts have to play at Jacksonville, Texans, and the Titans on the Road. Home games against the Cowboys and Giants.

Houston has to play Titans, Cleveland and Indy at Home. Philly, Jets and Jacksonville on the Road.

Titans has Indy, Washington, Jacksonville and the Jets at home. Road games are Houston, Giants.

Ravens Have to play at Chargers, Kansas, and Atlanta. Home against Cleveland and Tampa.

Steelers play at New Orleans, Oakland. Home against Chargers, New England and Bengals.

So IMOP I would rather Titans loose or the Ravens loose 3 of the next 5. I do not see the steelers loosing at home and Houston loosing against the Cleveland the Jets or the Titans 

Man there is a lot of variables here lol. The one thing that comes into play now is that Cleveland is no longer a given win for any team playing them, they are playing some solid football with a very talented team that’s young and improving. It’s possible that the Texans could lose to Cleveland. 

Im hopeful for a Titans win and for this colts team to run the table and take back our division. 

• Like 1

This seems so simply logical to me.

If we were more than just a few games back of the Texans (and had no matchups left against them) then you'd easily be rooting for the Texans to win here and put the Titans further behind.

Since we aren't more than a few games back of the Texans and we have a game against them still you obviously go for the division. IMO

• Like 2

It is impossible to pull for either team. How the AFC South looks at the end of the year is anybody's guess. The Colts almost blew it today and hopefully that was their last bad game of the year. Another loss will put them away in view of the Charger's record and I think Baltimore is tough right now. There is only one wildcard spot open.

I am rooting for the Texans and here is why.

The Titans have a favorable schedule after the Texans game. They still have the Jets, Jags, Giants, Skins, and a home game to end the season against the Colts.  I would hate for the 6th seed be decided in Nashville in Week 17. 

A loss for Tennesee would put them 1.5 games back of Indy and the less teams with an above .500 record the better for the Colts.

Winning the division is a realistic goal for the 2019 season. 

Earning that 6th seed is still in reach for our Colts. 

It's obviously better for the Titans to win this game so we can close in on the division race. I don't see it happening though. 

I just don't think the Titans are that good and the win over the Patriots only happened because Vrabel knows them like the back of his hand. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Titans are incredibly underwhelming.

Yeah it is going to be tough to win the Division as we gave away a couple of games at the beginning of the season including 1 to them but I give us a 50% chance of making the Playoffs at the #6 as of this week. The Ravens are also 6-5 but still have to play at KC and at LA.