Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivalry Renewed or not really??

Mr.Debonair

There is no rivalry when the same team keeps smoking the other or having the other team call one of the worst calls in history of the NFL (the fake punt)

I just wanna get outta Thursday healthy. I’m fully expecting a blowout by Tommy and Co. but praying for a Colts win 

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

If anything, I’d say the Texans could be a rival, especially if we pull of a win at their house. I know they are a divisional opponent, but the competitiveness in the game was on display. Now that’s a rivalry

I agree!

Texans are a perfect rival

When we have Doyle and AC back, the outcome may be a bit different

• Like 1

The concept of a rivalry is 100% in each fans mind. Heck, you can even go into a locker room and ask each player and some might say "Hell yes it's a rivalry", and some might say, "It's just another game".

Every time we play the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Steelers, Chargers, and Patriots...it's a rivalry...to me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MOB said:

I honestly can't get my hopes up for this game because we've been blown out by NE every year since Luck's been on the roster. Pats simply just have a better team too.

The fake punt year we were in the game until the fake punt 

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's a "hatred", not a rivalry.

And as long as Kraft is the owner he will want to beat the * out of us everytime.

I agree. Not a rivalry. Just don't like the Patriots as a team. The fan base are usually disgustingly foul mouth people.

• Thanks 1

Not a rivalry.    

It "was"  a rivalry when Peyton and Tom faced each other  (between the fans, not between Peyton and Tom)     And it was fun to watch 2 of the greatest ever compete against each other in their prime.       It was a fun time I believe for all fans of the sport.

Now...  I honestly don't see anything that compares to those matchups.  :dunno: 

But I still want us to beat them.  :td:   Always.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gramz said:

It "was"  a rivalry when Peyton and Tom faced each other  (between the fans, not between Peyton and Tom)     And it was fun to watch 2 of the greatest ever compete against each other in their prime.       It was a fun time I believe for all fans of the sport.

Yupp, for the past week I've been watching old colts vs pats games on youtube. It's crazy how they played each other EVERY year.. and it was always THE match up of the week. I sadly watched the 2003 goal-line stand yesterday :( 

But like others have said. No rivalry anymore.. literally the only people left is Bill, Tom and Adam. 

59 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's a "hatred", not a rivalry.

And as long as Kraft is the owner he will want to beat the * out of us everytime.

That covers every team then. Is there anyone that doesn’t hate them? There is no reason we can’t sneak a win against them this week, they aren’t that good. Still feel like it’s a bigger game when it comes round, even now. Love to get one over them.

As long as Belichek, Brady, McWeasel, and Kraft are there, I will despise the Patriots and think of it as a rivalry. 

Being a Yankees fan too, I have a deep rooted “sports hatred” for Boston area teams and fans. 

So for me, still a rivalry, even if only in the mind and not on the field.

• Like 1

Just now, #12. said:

Surprising how little McDaniels talk there is leading up to this game.

Gotta thank him for Eberflus, though.  That appears to be working out.  

Probably because most in here are happy with Reich. I am so far, we are 1-3 but have been competitive every week. I really never even think about Mcdaniels

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably because most in here are happy with Reich. I am so far, we are 1-3 but have been competitive every week. I really never even think about Mcdaniels

No, I'm guessing most wouldn't trade if they could, but this game was probably scheduled primarily because of that storyline, yet I've barely heard it mentioned here or nationally.

• Like 1

Hatred more than rivalry right now. Rivalry would mean we are still living in the past, we have to move on, this is not the Peyton era anymore.

Right now, it is a one sided beat down every time we faced them in the Luck era. It was that way with Peyton too till Romeo Crennel left and Peyton got better vs them. So far, Luck has had to deal with Matt Patricia as DC from 2012-2017. This will be the first year without him, we will find out if Luck and Frank stay aggressive, which you need to, in order to challenge the Patriots.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

No, I'm guessing most wouldn't trade if the could, but this game was probably scheduled primarily because of that storyline, yet I've barely heard it mentioned here or nationally.

Yeah I haven't either, that is a good point. I thought the media would talk about that more. They will tomorrow for sure.

19 minutes ago, #12. said:

Surprising how little McDaniels talk there is leading up to this game.

Gotta thank him for Eberflus, though.  That appears to be working out.  

Good point about Eber.  I like not only his defensive philosophy but I like the way he prepares the players and the way he game plans.

What most of us hold is animosity. We genuinely dislike New England. And while that makes it feel a rivalry to us, it really isn’t by definition anymore.

I think it was an incredibly silly thing of Ballard to say. No one person decides a rivalry is on or off. The competition between both sides does. It came off as a play to emotions of the fans. Say what you will, what McDaniels did to us was embarrassing. Ballard put on the strong face, but it bothered him more than he showed. And the rivalry comment supports that. 

We’ve all seen that guy who gave the “I’m fine, I’m fine” when in fact he was not fine. That was Ballard’s “I’m fine” moment. He tried to play the situation off even though he was wearing the collar.