Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How fun has this season been!

lance_m8

3 games in and each game have had an opportunity to win with a solid defense that is awesome to watch and luck back at QB with a brand new offense we are sitting at 1-2 could easily be 3-0 in the past if we lost i would just go hide in a corner for 24 hours but ive never been so thrilled and loving this team after a loss stuff will start to click but just for a positive post how  much fun have you guys been having!

• Like 5

Until Luck starts looking like the Luck of old, if he ever will, this season to me is one step forward and two steps back. I'm excited as heck by what I see from the D, but terrified by what I see from Luck's arm. Everything is in place for a successful season but the offense and QB are not holding up their end of the bargain so far. I sincerely hope that turns around soon.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Im emotionally invested into these games. Im mad when we lose or make bad plays. Im excited about every touchdown or big play.

Last year Im like, whatever. We're going to throw in the last quarter anyway so Im going to go do something else.

True, Last year by week 7 I was done. It was MNF vs the Titans and had we won we could've been 3-3, but we choked as usual and I realized that we might as well tank. So I just rooted for a loss kinda for weeks 7-17 last year. Glad we got Big Q and the Maniac outta that year.

FUN. 

Im ecstatic with this defense... which will only get better. 

I'm hopeful for our offense, because I think Andrew will get stronger and better over the course of the year, we will get a healthy o-line unit, and Mack back at some point. And because Frank will continue ironing out details in the gameplanning, adjustments, etc. 

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

Every game against the Colts this year is going to be a slug fest.

All games will be close either way which will make this year

fun to watch for sure.

With that being said, our offense needs to get their heads out

of their * and help the defense win games.

Our offense is really not that good.  They're trying but we no longer have any playmakers except for TY.  Right now it looks like it's going to be a struggle to score more than 24 pts. a game.  That won't get us many wins unless something drastically changes on offense.  I'm having more fun watching the defense. 

I'm enjoying watching this team play.

Not sure why anyone is worried about Luck's arm.

He made some of the best passes I've seen him throw in weeks 1 and 2.

I'm not to worried about a road game in the rain against the defendong SB champs, who have a great Dline.

Game plan was clearly to get the ball out of Luck's hands quickly.

Leonard might be the best Defensive player in the league here soon.

Things are looking good in Naptown.

Side note:

Luck has more passing yards and 1 fewer TD than Tom Brady.  Same record. Except they've been handled in their 2 losses. We should of won ours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, this is a first for me.  I cannot remember a time i turned on the T.V. or went to a game to watch the DEFENSE play.  Indy has been an Offensive team for soooo many years That when the defense would let you down, you were upset, mad, ticked, and cursing because it was the same-ole-same-ole. Now, our defense seems to be the strong suite of the team and when the Offense lets us down it's just different. Upset still, sure.  But I actually feel as though there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that Indy can truly end up a top tier team again.  If we can just get the LT situation figured out, and get our run game going somewhat, our offense could put up enough points win outscore the other team.  Especially since our defense is doing what they do to keep out team within a score every week.

I'll get pummeled for this, But I believe if our offense can get it going and score 21-24/game, our defense can win it for us and we may actually get a playoff birth.  yes, We're 1-2.  But we've just played 3 of the top 10 toughest defenses in football.  and still was in every game until our final drive.  This team is VERY young, and will only get better (unbelievable thinking for this defense)So I honestly expect to win 9 this year.  That usually gets 1-2 teams into the playoff's. (And i expect a win this week AND NEXT)

Once in the playoff's...well, you know the verbiage,: "Defense wins championships", well,...Right now our defense is mid tier in yards...and top tier in specialties like sacks.  We just need to let Luck play 'school yard football'.  That's when he's the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

3 games in and each game have had an opportunity to win with a solid defense that is awesome to watch and luck back at QB with a brand new offense we are sitting at 1-2 could easily be 3-0 in the past if we lost i would just go hide in a corner for 24 hours but ive never been so thrilled and loving this team after a loss stuff will start to click but just for a positive post how  much fun have you guys been having!

Yes, and we still have an opportunity as we speak to win our division I truly believe it. 

49 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Our offense is really not that good.  They're trying but we no longer have any playmakers except for TY.  Right now it looks like it's going to be a struggle to score more than 24 pts. a game.  That won't get us many wins unless something drastically changes on offense.  I'm having more fun watching the defense. 

If we can get the running game going that will definitely help our offense. You're though we need more playmakers on offense but if we get everybody back this offense can be good enough. 

Did i see a Colts LB make a great play (interception against the Eagles.
All you fans touting Walker must be excited. He can move, thank goodness, and only playing time will get him better all-around.
 How about seeing Margus Hunt really stepping up and making big plays.
Leonard!!!!!

Turay looks very promising to me. Heck of an athlete and great motor.
 There are a lot of good plays being made. And a lot of yips. As Expected. IMO
  I am watching these guys put it all out there knowing they need experience and experience playing together in a system. And i believe we are in very good hands to get good again. Yeah!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Until Luck starts looking like the Luck of old, if he ever will, this season to me is one step forward and two steps back. I'm excited as heck by what I see from the D, but terrified by what I see from Luck's arm. Everything is in place for a successful season but the offense and QB are not holding up their end of the bargain so far. I sincerely hope that turns around soon.

"Terrified" seems a little dramatic. The guy's rusty, as we all thought he would be, but I expect that to work itself out sooner than later.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

"Terrified" seems a little dramatic. The guy's rusty, as we all thought he would be, but I expect that to work itself out sooner than later.

I mean, I expected rusty, but I expected that to be with timing and accuracy. I did not expect the extreme lack of velocity on deep throws. And it seemed to get worse the longer the game went on.  If you can't make deep throws and sideline out-routes with velocity, you don't have an NFL arm and that is indeed terrifying to me. We have no idea if it will ever come back or if he's Chad Pennington now.

3 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

To each his own, but the underlined is the exact opposite of what I see. To me it's more like two steps forward and one step back. I honestly cannot grasp your thinking. To the bolded, it isn't about this season to the GM. He has said so. 

Just now, Crush22 said:

Is that a bird in the background?

Did not see that...good catch. 

Would that be a bird bomb?

Just now, Four2itus said:

To each his own, but the underlined is the exact opposite of what I see. To me it's more like two steps forward and one step back. I honestly cannot grasp your thinking. To the bolded, it isn't about this season to the GM. He has said so. 

I for one said that this season would not be very good but I assumed the D would stink but the offense would good. To my dismay, the opposite is true after 3 games which is why I say that. I don't see what you're not grasping about that to be honest.  With better offense and QB play, this team would be 3-0 and the division is still trash. Two steps back is because if the QB is toast, then that is a much larger can of worms.

20 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I for one said that this season would not be very good but I assumed the D would stink but the offense would good. To my dismay, the opposite is true after 3 games which is why I say that. I don't see what you're not grasping about that to be honest.  With better offense and QB play, this team would be 3-0 and the division is still trash. Two steps back is because if the QB is toast, then that is a much larger can of worms.

We are still averaging 20 Points a game through 3 games, nothing great I agree but that is Above Average. We seem to be having trouble scoring in the Red Zone is the main problem and its correctable. Yesterdays problem could've been because Jack is out. Our Defense has been Very Good the last 2 games, on opening day it was not in the 2nd Half vs Cincy. Our Offense gave them a 13 point lead in the 3rd Qtr and we couldn't hold it against Andy Dalton of all people. So far we are still in a good position being only 1 game back in the Division and having the Texans coming at home. Some people in here panic after every loss (not saying you do) but several people do. We will win next week I have no doubt and the Jags are very beatable, they lost to Blaine Gabbert at home yesterday LOL and only scored 6 points. Other than the Bills beating the Vikings, the Jags loss was the most embarrassing of the day.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Did i see a Colts LB make a great play (interception against the Eagles.
All you fans touting Walker must be excited. He can move, thank goodness, and only playing time will get him better all-around.
 How about seeing Margus Hunt really stepping up and making big plays.
Leonard!!!!!

Turay looks very promising to me. Heck of an athlete and great motor.
 There are a lot of good plays being made. And a lot of yips. As Expected. IMO
  I am watching these guys put it all out there knowing they need experience and experience playing together in a system. And i believe we are in very good hands to get good again. Yeah!

Scares me, but I agree with you.

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Defense is a lot of fun to watch. Leonard, Hunt, Turay, Walker, Moore, and Hooker are getting the job done. It's all going to depend on Luck's health now. If he returns to normal, we are golden. If not, we might need to put in Brissett.

No way we go to JB unless luck simply can't throw the ball.   I think the coaches are being very cautious with questions at the tackles.   They aren't dialing up deep routes.  I think Luck can make the throws,  he is just rusty.   A lot of his passes were under thrown,   but some were over thrown.   He will get it together with his weapons

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I mean, I expected rusty, but I expected that to be with timing and accuracy. I did not expect the extreme lack of velocity on deep throws. And it seemed to get worse the longer the game went on.  If you can't make deep throws and sideline out-routes with velocity, you don't have an NFL arm and that is indeed terrifying to me. We have no idea if it will ever come back or if he's Chad Pennington now.

He's barely attempted any deep throws.

11 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

That's an entirely different discussion.  

You claimed to have seen an "extreme lack of velocity" on his deep throws.  So my question to you is:  what deep throws?

Ok, specific examples then: The underthrown deep post route to TY in the Washington game that drew a PI. The deep throw to TY against the Eagles in the first half that was severely underthrown drawing another PI (Should have been a TD). The Out-Route to TY that was almost picked off by McLeoud that hung in the air for an eternity. During the potential go ahead drive against Philly he underthrew TY again drawing another PI and sparking the announcers to say "The Colts best offense today has been the underthrow to Hilton".

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Ok, specific examples then: The underthrown deep post route to TY in the Washington game that drew a PI. The deep throw to TY against the Eagles in the first half that was severely underthrown drawing another PI (Should have been a TD). The Out-Route to TY that was almost picked off by McLeoud that hung in the air for an eternity. During the potential go ahead drive against Philly he underthrew TY again drawing another PI and sparking the announcers to say "The Colts best offense today has been the underthrow to Hilton".

He's barely thrown it downfield.  There are no conclusions to be drawn whatsoever about his arm strength.....only speculation.  Calm yourself down.

Does anyone else love what they're seeing in Quentin Nelson? I noticed several times against PHI in game 3 that the DB covering TY Hilton was pushing/jawing at him. And the FIRST man to arrive at the scene of the "crime" was no one else than QN! 

Now THAT'S the kind of teammate that this offense needs. Now, just develop/draft/sign more T depth, and get AC back, and the offense should flourish. Cuz Luck + time in the pocket = Offense!

I've GOT to get help with my fixation on the OL though... I hear there's meds for this!

9 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The announcers saying?  Since when has the announcers been the best judges in the NFL?

I do agree there is some rust with Luck but it will get worked out over the rest of the season.

Naturally there would be some rust after missing as long as he did. To expect anything else is not being realistic. Basically he is learning to not only play different but he also is in a completely new scheme. He is down to one all pro receiver and hasn't played with the other receivers long enough to have any comfort level with them.