Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NE or Jacksonville??? Who are you rooting for?

coltsfeva

3 hours ago, Savage21 said:

Injuries.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

LOTS! On both sides lol

I'm not afraid to admit that if brady retired with a Joe Theisman

type injury that I wouldn't enjoy it gleefully.

Yup, I put that in black and white.......

3 hours ago, Savage21 said:

Injuries.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

LOTS! On both sides lol

I'm not afraid to admit that if brady retired with a Joe Theisman

type injury that I wouldn't enjoy it gleefully.

Yup, I put that in black and white.......

If it took a New England win to put the Colts into the playoffs, I would STILL root against them.

There has never been a franchise whose conduct has made them more undeserving of any form of goodwill.

When I lay dying, I only hope I can muster the strength to curse New England one final time.

GO JAGS!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, That Guy said:

If it took a New England win to put the Colts into the playoffs, I would STILL root against them.

There has never been a franchise whose conduct has made them more undeserving of any form of goodwill.

When I lay dying, I only hope I can muster the strength to curse New England one final time.

GO JAGS!

That'll show the Patriots. They'll have 12 wins instead of 13 and still get a first round bye while we miss the playoffs in your scenario. I wish people would think this question through instead of using their emotions so much.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That'll show the Patriots. They'll have 12 wins instead of 13 and still get a first round bye while we miss the playoffs in your scenario. I wish people would think this question through instead of using their emotions so much.

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We are rooting for New England.

Why is this even a question?

We don’t root for teams in our own division.    I appreciate that we also HATE New England,  but I’d much prefer the Patriots winning to the Jaguars.   

I watch football for the enjoyment of it. 

I enjoy when my team wins and does well.

I enjoy when players that I happen to like succeed.

I enjoy when the Patriots fail.

I would rather the Jags win and hopefully keep New England from a first round bye.  If we make the playoffs, IT WILL BE AS A WILD CARD.  I have already come to terms with the fact that we will not be stealing the division from the Jaguars this year, so I have no reason to root against them in games that do not include us.  I DO NOT want the Patriots to have the top seed in the AFC, so I am rooting against them each and every week.

Can they both be caught for cheating and the NFL forfeit the game for both?! Ramsey talking is about to turn me into a Pats fan but honestly I'd prefer Jax win. We play JAX twice so we can beat them twice...we only play NE once. Plus they are both playoff teams. I would much rather go into JAX in January then NE. When NE has home field advantage in playoffs its almost an automatic W. So I root for them to lose.....at least until the day Tom and Bill retire so the rest of us can win something.

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I get that the outcome is divisional standings, but how is this on the Colts forum?...shouldn't it be NFL General?

And if we are putting our faith for playoff's on two different teams success, or failure, then we don't deserve the playoff's.

Well arent you just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Well arent you just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

LOL. I would just rather get to the playoff's because we earned it ourselves with our own play. Not because of a hated team beating a divisional foe. Or a divisional foe taking a win from a hated team who may or may not get home field.  Go out, Beat both of them, and prove we belong. (I don't expect it this year, but i'll definitely be hoping and rooting for it).

7 hours ago, krunk said:

New England will win in all likelihood. They'll outsmart Jacksonville somehow.

Yeah but they'll get pretty beat up in the process....that defensive front 7 of Jax will handle those fools. NE might win, but they'll get handled pretty good (smile)

Just now, ThaCaliColt said:

Yeah but they'll get pretty beat up in the process....that defensive front 7 of Jax will handle those fools. NE might win, but they'll get handled pretty good in the process (smile)

I'm for New England this week.  Now don't y'all Have a coronary over that one. haha  I Can't root for the jags.

Besides, The Jets will take care of NE this year.

On second thought...    I  can't root for either.  :facepalm:      OP this was a trick question, wasn't it...??      

A Tie it is.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

Realistically everyone knows jags losing is better, but actually picking between these two teams makes you feel like this

tenor.gif

lol  so true.    After second thought,  I had to go back and "edit"   my earlier comment.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely want NE to win.  Jacksonville is a divisional opponent.  I’m a Colts fan first then a football fan next.  I hope NE does well and wins another SB so we can witness more history.  Nothing like their run has been done before and since Manning moved on, I’ve really come to appreciate what Hoodie and Brady have accomplished. By far the best coach and QB combo I have ever seen.