Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

For the sake of continued discussion...

But..... price isn't the issue... it is that ability to do the job you are hired to do.  There never seemed to be any rhyme or reason in the past and that isn't to mention the "over-the-hill" aspect of previous FA signings.

For the sake of the discussion...

I was simply comparing the signings which is where this discussion started a few pages back.   Someone asked if Grigson would do the same thing and I said "yes"...

As for any rhyme or reason,  I'd say this....

That's what things looked like now...   after the fact.     But the signings Grigson made his first few years,  12, 13 and 14,  looked mostly pretty good.

Things went sideways in 15 and 16 when he tried to force things by hiring older players as the team was in a win-now mode.     They were trying to get the most bang during Luck's rookie contract.

This was widely talked about.     It looked different than the first 3 years,  but we did talk about it.

And this had to come from Irsay....   he had to approve the approach.     And now, we're on a "get young" track... we're trying to sign younger players and let older players leave.     And we're collecting draft picks to draft more younger players.      

We've changed direction.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the sake of the discussion...

I was simply comparing the signings which is where this discussion started a few pages back.   Someone asked if Grigson would do the same thing and I said "yes"...

As for any rhyme or reason,  I'd say this....

That's what things looked like now...   after the fact.     But the signings Grigson made his first few years,  12, 13 and 14,  looked mostly pretty good.

Things went sideways in 15 and 16 when he tried to force things by hiring older players as the team was in a win-now mode.     They were trying to get the most bang during Luck's rookie contract.

This was widely talked about.     It looked different than the first 3 years,  but we did talk about it.

And this had to come from Irsay....   he had to approve the approach.     And now, we're on a "get young" track... we're trying to sign younger players and let older players leave.     And we're collecting draft picks to draft more younger players.      

We've changed direction.

For the better I hope.  

21 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i don't really care who you are. nor do i care about your experience on this site. however i do care about facts, and facts tell me that Kansas city was not doing so well till CB showed up and help put the right blue prints in that made that franchise a contender you now see today. 

I don't know why you think I don't like Chris Ballard.     I do.    I'm happy he's our GM.

We were just having a conversation and I wrote something that you didn't like and you went off.

As the new guy,  you decided you knew enough to cause trouble.     Guess what,  you're wrong on all counts.

And the fact that you don't know me or anyone else and don't care,  tells me all I need to know about you.

Not a great start for you.....      good luck.....

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Signing Simon and Sheard is fine, just as signing Jean-Francois and Walden were fine......

Francois was a joke.  

Ballard is following a similar blue print, he just doing a better job of it imo.

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

Well, I said it before, and I'll repeat again.  Poe leaving without ink on the contract means to me that he probably isn't going to sign in Indy.  And with Ballard knowing him well, I'm OK with that.  

For some reason, so am I

4 minutes ago, Boomstick1 said:

We haven't been in contact with any of those 3 at all

That you know of. Not everything ends up on twitter

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

How mich space do they have left? They've already dished out big deals to Bouye and Campbell. 

I want to say it is like a Kabillion $ plus a little bit. :sarcasm:  

I think he could be a good addition, but if he is just shopping money maybe I change my mind a bit. And I get that it is a business.  I just think if you don't have your heart into it you won't play as well as you could anyway.  

Who knows, maybe he is just doing his diligence and seeing what the Jags/ others have to say/ offer and he ends up here anyway.  

Not the end of the season.

Just now, Indeee said:

My guess is Indy wanted him long term and Poe wants like 1 year at 16 million

If that's the case...then I would think there's a decent chance he could still sign. The main point of a one-year deal would be to build up his value to get a bigger long-term deal...but that's not going to happen in JAC. If ATL gets involved, that changes things

I assume there is a number that would get Poe to sign a long-term deal, but no team has come close to offering it.