Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

As far as we know, which isn't much at all.

I think you'd struggle to find any free agent signing without interest or visits linked via twitter in this day and age (2017). So he's probably right. 

9 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

And Poe is automatically a better playmaker than say, Anderson? I don't buy that, not if Anderson is healthy.

If you're going to assume Anderson is playing fully healthy and to the best of his abilities then we have to assume Poe is as well.

In that case, Poe is a much bigger playmaker than Henry Anderson lol 

1 minute ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Usually when a player leaves LOS without a deal they won't sign here. I've already moved on from Poe. We have to sign Hankins or Logan now. 

I agree.  Jacksonville will make him an offer he can't refuse.  It's Hankins or Logan now and I always preferred Hankins of the three.  Hopefully they bring him in quickly, like tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

And Poe is automatically a better playmaker than say, Anderson? I don't buy that, not if Anderson is healthy.

Henry Anderson when healthy as a rookie reminded me of a poor mans JJ Watts. I was impressed with him

23 minutes ago, dw49 said:

That was a tough "sign" IMO. Poe wanted to be paid like something he hasn't played up to in the last couple years. If the back issue "disappears " , he's worth it . If it doesn't , he's worth probably around 8 mill per if you look at how NT's are paid. Ballard didn't want a 1 year deal which I don't blame him. So I would guess we made the best multi year deal we could and Poe walked . I agree that Ballard did the right thing. 

So maybe the best CB left or maybe a run at Hightower .. who knows. What I do know ( I think anyway) is that "visit went well " stuff means forget about Poe.

Stupid everybody here talks like Poe had this awful year last season just because you don't get multiple sacks as a nose tackle doesn't mean you had a bad year maybe not to usual standards but not exactly a bad year I would be all for getting him but now that we let him out the door he sign with the freakin Jags.

He's probably going to sign with Jax, as others have pointed out.  We've got to stay in the market, though, for other FAs.  

If I were Poe, I'd sign with Indy as I think they have a better chance of winning a SB sooner than Jacksonville.  Hiring Coughlin was a good move but Jax has been a lobby for Free Agents wanted to make more money until they get a deal elsewhere.    

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Stupid everybody here talks like Poe had this awful year last season just because you don't get multiple sacks as a nose tackle doesn't mean you had a bad year maybe not to usual standards but not exactly a bad year I would be all for getting him but now that we let him out the door he sign with the freakin Jags.

Don't be silly. What I said is the last 2 years were not as outstanding as his first 3. He has a back issue. I didn't say he was awful last year . 

5 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

He's probably going to sign with Jax, as others have pointed out.  We've got to stay in the market, though, for other FAs.  

If I were Poe, I'd sign with Indy as I think they have a better chance of winning a SB sooner than Jacksonville.  Hiring Coughlin was a good move but Jax has been a lobby for Free Agents wanted to make more money until they get a deal elsewhere.    

Easy there, the bias is coming out.

Even though you're 100% correct. mjlol.png

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

Mehhhh not a big deal too me honestly. Wasn't to crazy about spending that much money on a DT who has along of questions. Know one thing now and it's that Ballard isn't the closer grigson was

Or maybe he is just better at staying firm on his offer..... "striking while the iron is hot" is not always the best policy.

giphy.gif

Remember, this doesn't mean he won't sign here. Jax is probably gonna offer him the world though, which would be really stupid on their part. Poe probably wants to see what every team wants to offer him and he'll pick then.

And even if the Colts miss out, Bennie Logan and Hankins are good (perhaps even better) option at nose anyways.

13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We still lack impact guys on the line. We have some good players, but no one that makes you lose sleep at night.

I agree completely. The Simon and Sheard quote was kind of a joke. Decent signings, but not world beaters. However, they are decent building blocks. The Colts defense is not going to be magically transformed in one off-seasn and draft. I remain patient. 

26 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Parry has been inconsistent all year and now he's in trouble with the law. He needs to be cut. We need a true anchor at NT and he's not it. 

He is inconsistent because he plays to much and gets wore down. I think hes good. He IMO wont be cut, we are obviously looking to bring one in demonstrated by Poe visiting.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I agree completely. The Simon and Sheard quote was kind of a joke. Decent signings, but not world beaters. However, they are decent building blocks. The Colts defense is not going to be magically transformed in one off-seasn and draft. I remain patient. 

Oh i agree, but i think he wouldve been a good piece. His 2016 season was a bit alarming, but hes a game changer at his best.

28 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Henry Anderson when healthy as a rookie reminded me of a poor mans JJ Watts. I was impressed with him

Wouldn't take it that far. Justin Smith meets Kyle Williams. The sky's the limit for Anderson. He can be as good as a Justin Smith was.

Ridgeway could be the big time breakout guy for us. He's got some monster potential IMO

20 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

giphy.gif

Remember, this doesn't mean he won't sign here. Jax is probably gonna offer him the world though, which would be really stupid on there part. Poe probably wants to see what every team wants to offer him and he'll pick then.

And even if the Colts miss out, Bennie Logan and Hankins are good (perhaps even better) option at nose anyways.

Hankins would be good here.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Why do the jags even want him? They have two great DTs already. 

Cause they, and everyone who signs there is stupid. They have NO QB. They should have offered up whatever it took to get Jimmy G of they had had any sense.