Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoDeep

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You mean you're not excited about Simon and Sheard?

We still lack impact guys on the line. We have some good players, but no one that makes you lose sleep at night.

13 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

As far as we know, which isn't much at all.

I think you'd struggle to find any free agent signing without interest or visits linked via twitter in this day and age (2017). So he's probably right. 

9 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

And Poe is automatically a better playmaker than say, Anderson? I don't buy that, not if Anderson is healthy.

If you're going to assume Anderson is playing fully healthy and to the best of his abilities then we have to assume Poe is as well.

In that case, Poe is a much bigger playmaker than Henry Anderson lol 

1 minute ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Usually when a player leaves LOS without a deal they won't sign here. I've already moved on from Poe. We have to sign Hankins or Logan now. 

I agree.  Jacksonville will make him an offer he can't refuse.  It's Hankins or Logan now and I always preferred Hankins of the three.  Hopefully they bring him in quickly, like tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

And Poe is automatically a better playmaker than say, Anderson? I don't buy that, not if Anderson is healthy.

Henry Anderson when healthy as a rookie reminded me of a poor mans JJ Watts. I was impressed with him

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

What he said!

Maybe we can get him to "cooperate" with the ball carriers. 

23 minutes ago, dw49 said:

That was a tough "sign" IMO. Poe wanted to be paid like something he hasn't played up to in the last couple years. If the back issue "disappears " , he's worth it . If it doesn't , he's worth probably around 8 mill per if you look at how NT's are paid. Ballard didn't want a 1 year deal which I don't blame him. So I would guess we made the best multi year deal we could and Poe walked . I agree that Ballard did the right thing. 

So maybe the best CB left or maybe a run at Hightower .. who knows. What I do know ( I think anyway) is that "visit went well " stuff means forget about Poe.

Stupid everybody here talks like Poe had this awful year last season just because you don't get multiple sacks as a nose tackle doesn't mean you had a bad year maybe not to usual standards but not exactly a bad year I would be all for getting him but now that we let him out the door he sign with the freakin Jags.

He's probably going to sign with Jax, as others have pointed out.  We've got to stay in the market, though, for other FAs.  

If I were Poe, I'd sign with Indy as I think they have a better chance of winning a SB sooner than Jacksonville.  Hiring Coughlin was a good move but Jax has been a lobby for Free Agents wanted to make more money until they get a deal elsewhere.    

why the jags? it would be a horrible fit. poe is not a 4-3 DT and they already have malik jackson and they signed campbell. 

OK, I'm out of my disappointment stage.  Ballard knows Poe, so will trust his decision that Poe wasn't worth more than he was offered.  On to the next one.

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Stupid everybody here talks like Poe had this awful year last season just because you don't get multiple sacks as a nose tackle doesn't mean you had a bad year maybe not to usual standards but not exactly a bad year I would be all for getting him but now that we let him out the door he sign with the freakin Jags.

Don't be silly. What I said is the last 2 years were not as outstanding as his first 3. He has a back issue. I didn't say he was awful last year . 

5 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

He's probably going to sign with Jax, as others have pointed out.  We've got to stay in the market, though, for other FAs.  

If I were Poe, I'd sign with Indy as I think they have a better chance of winning a SB sooner than Jacksonville.  Hiring Coughlin was a good move but Jax has been a lobby for Free Agents wanted to make more money until they get a deal elsewhere.    

Easy there, the bias is coming out.

Even though you're 100% correct. mjlol.png

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

Mehhhh not a big deal too me honestly. Wasn't to crazy about spending that much money on a DT who has along of questions. Know one thing now and it's that Ballard isn't the closer grigson was

Or maybe he is just better at staying firm on his offer..... "striking while the iron is hot" is not always the best policy.

Always good to give it a look, but I think Hankins or Logan are better potential options to look at though and I hope we do. But who knows maybe there is a guy in the draft we like too. We just really need a true NT among many other things. 

45 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Wasn't Cherlius made the highest paid RT when he signed ?

And didn't Landry get a big contract?

giphy.gif

Remember, this doesn't mean he won't sign here. Jax is probably gonna offer him the world though, which would be really stupid on their part. Poe probably wants to see what every team wants to offer him and he'll pick then.

And even if the Colts miss out, Bennie Logan and Hankins are good (perhaps even better) option at nose anyways.

13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We still lack impact guys on the line. We have some good players, but no one that makes you lose sleep at night.

I agree completely. The Simon and Sheard quote was kind of a joke. Decent signings, but not world beaters. However, they are decent building blocks. The Colts defense is not going to be magically transformed in one off-seasn and draft. I remain patient. 

19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I lose sleep thinking about TJ Green...

26 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Parry has been inconsistent all year and now he's in trouble with the law. He needs to be cut. We need a true anchor at NT and he's not it. 

He is inconsistent because he plays to much and gets wore down. I think hes good. He IMO wont be cut, we are obviously looking to bring one in demonstrated by Poe visiting.

4 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

He is inconsistent because he plays to much and gets wore down. 

Someone who gets it!

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I agree completely. The Simon and Sheard quote was kind of a joke. Decent signings, but not world beaters. However, they are decent building blocks. The Colts defense is not going to be magically transformed in one off-seasn and draft. I remain patient. 

Oh i agree, but i think he wouldve been a good piece. His 2016 season was a bit alarming, but hes a game changer at his best.

28 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Henry Anderson when healthy as a rookie reminded me of a poor mans JJ Watts. I was impressed with him

Wouldn't take it that far. Justin Smith meets Kyle Williams. The sky's the limit for Anderson. He can be as good as a Justin Smith was.

Ridgeway could be the big time breakout guy for us. He's got some monster potential IMO

Indystar says signing is still possible and talks are still fluid. My guess Poe wants to visit other teams before making a decision

Just now, CR91 said:

Indystar says signing is still possible and talks are still fluid. My guess Poe wants to visit other teams before making a decision

It ain't over till the fat man signs on the dotted line.

20 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

giphy.gif

Remember, this doesn't mean he won't sign here. Jax is probably gonna offer him the world though, which would be really stupid on there part. Poe probably wants to see what every team wants to offer him and he'll pick then.

And even if the Colts miss out, Bennie Logan and Hankins are good (perhaps even better) option at nose anyways.

Hankins would be good here.

Interesting.   Looks like Poe will likely be playing elsewhere.  If Ballard let him leave without signing then I'm ok with it.  He knows this player.  

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Wouldn't take it that far. Justin Smith meets Kyle Williams. The sky's the limit for Anderson. He can be as good as a Justin Smith was.

Ridgeway could be the big time breakout guy for us. He's got some monster potential IMO

This is true!! An accurate!!

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

No state income tax in Florida...

No good qbs either

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Why do the jags even want him? They have two great DTs already. 

Cause they, and everyone who signs there is stupid. They have NO QB. They should have offered up whatever it took to get Jimmy G of they had had any sense.