Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

Colts MAY have to sign him long-term, high dollar to keep him though.  But I was just thinking, aside from Andy and T.Y., how many really high-priced guys do the Colts even have?

And heaven forbid we have a star on the defense!

38 minutes ago, CR91 said:

rumor has it hes locked in a small room, tied up to a chair and forced to either watch 50 shades of gray or sign with us

LOL, threaten him to either sign or watch the Colts play all 16 games from 2016 through. He will go: "OK, you win. Where do I sign?" haha

3 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Colts MAY have to sign him long-term, high dollar to keep him though.  But I was just thinking, aside from Andy and T.Y., how many really high-priced guys do the Colts even have?

According to ProFootballRumors, the Colts want to sign him to a long term deal, but he may want a one year contract.  Presumably to show his back isn't an issue and make more money next year.  

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

hed never accept only 12 per year. more like 15

Why? He's a nose tackle. No nose tackle in the league is paid more than 12 per year.

Brandon Williams who is arguably better than Poe just got a 5 year 54M deal. We will not give Poe more than that IMO(or very close to that)

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think you are way too high. I'll be shocked if he gets anything close to 15 . If he averages 12 , he's doing well. 

hes a big time player and they get overpaid all the time

5 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think you are way too high. I'll be shocked if he gets anything close to 15 . If he averages 12 , he's doing well. 

I agree. The market for top NTs is 10-12 mil. I think he wants the 1 year contract to show he can play like an all pro 3 tech and get that 15 mil.

Just now, CR91 said:

hes a big time player and they get overpaid all the time

I think the down year in 2016 and the back issue is going to weigh in on this. If teams were going to over pay , it usually happens right at the beginning of the period. IMO,those that want this signing have to hope the 2 sides are not that far apart going into today.