Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe scheduled to visit

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's no way for me or anyone else to know exactly who Grigson would've signed.

But if he was looking to sign two OLB's,  I suspect both would've been under consideration and I suspect he'd rule out the guys who went for 10 Mill +...

So if he didn't sign Sheard and Simon he'd have found two other guys.....    but roughly in the same mid-price range...

The moves are Grigson-like...

oh so that makes you a GM expert all of the sudden based of that?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I disagree. Grigson was more about tying to find a diamond in the rough and taking risks on players with little history. Granted that worked in the case of Freeman but struck out in most other cases

Feel free to disagree all you want,  but I think history is playing trick with your mind.

What's to disagree with?     Grigson never signed a single expensive free agent.    And all of his signings were either cheap or mid-priced.      Which is what I've been saying in this thread.     Please feel free to re-read this thread and check out my posts.

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

How long does this process take? It was tweeted that he arrived 3 hours ago. So allowing for him to get comfortable, have a look around the facilitates, meet the staff, have a meal (a big meal for him) and eventually get down to discussions with his agent we could be waiting for maybe another 2 hours or more?

..or not.

Negotiations are long, painful processes.

13 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

oh so that makes you a GM expert all of the sudden based of that?

You're a new member.     You have 22 posts.     You have no idea who I am,  or who anyone else is.

Trying to start a fight with a poster when you're the new guy on a website is not a good look here.    It may be par for the course on the websites you normally visit,    but doing it here is not going to get you very far.

You might want to re-think your approach here....

Or not....     your call.

Welcome to the website.....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Feel free to disagree all you want,  but I think history is playing trick with your mind.

What's to disagree with?     Grigson never signed a single expensive free agent.    And all of his signings were either cheap or mid-priced.      Which is what I've been saying in this thread.     Please feel free to re-read this thread and check out my posts.

For the sake of continued discussion...

But..... price isn't the issue... it is that ability to do the job you are hired to do.  There never seemed to be any rhyme or reason in the past and that isn't to mention the "over-the-hill" aspect of previous FA signings.

Looks like he's leaking intel to Josina Anderson....She's a hottie, I'd probably give her a heads up also.

Mike G @mike_g24 6h6 hours ago

@JosinaAnderson do you know if Irsay sent his plane?

2 replies 1 retweet 1 like

@mike_g24 Yes! That is my understanding.

2 replies 1 retweet 4 likes
  •  

@JosinaAnderson thanks for the info!

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

1 minute ago, scooter4910 said:

Looks like he's leaking intel to Josina Anderson....She's a hottie, I'd probably give her a heads up also.

Mike G @mike_g24 6h6 hours ago

@JosinaAnderson do you know if Irsay sent his plane?

2 replies 1 retweet 1 like

@mike_g24 Yes! That is my understanding.

2 replies 1 retweet 4 likes
  •  

@JosinaAnderson thanks for the info!

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Interesting 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're a new member.     You have 22 posts.     You have no idea who I am,  or who anyone else is.

Trying to start a fight with a poster when you're the new guy on a website is not a good look here.    It may be par for the course on the websites you normally visit,    but doing it here is not going to get you very far.

You might want to re-think your approach here....

Or not....     your call.

Welcome to the website.....

i don't really care who you are. nor do i care about your experience on this site. however i do care about facts, and facts tell me that Kansas city was not doing so well till CB showed up and help put the right blue prints in that made that franchise a contender you now see today. 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

What do you mean?

Lol, just saying it seems we are all awaiting the news of Poe joining us or not going us; so the ones for or against can claim their argument for the respected side.  This includes me.... : )

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i don't really care who you are. nor do i care about your experience on this site. however i do care about facts, and facts tell me that Kansas city was not doing so well till CB showed up and help put the right blue prints in that made that franchise a contender you now see today. 

You can have an opinion and disagree with people and still not be an * to people about it. Just my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

It's better to talk to other posters with respect. Hostility is often returned in kind. Wont be fun being here. Just a heads up.

6 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Negotiations are long, painful processes.

Yeah, and in fairness this isn't a straight forward contract situation. Poe and his agent are in a decent situation in that they will feel he is one of the top NT's and will want a good bit of money, probably more than what Ballard wants to pay. Hopefully they can work something out, its obvious that Ballard is keen on signing him and building the trenches, but he won't pay over the odds. 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

You can have an opinion and disagree with people and still not be an * to people about it. Just my 2 cents.

Yes I agree.... the comment seems a little rough around the edges to me.  So to add another .02 we are up to just shy of a nickel.

5 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Lol, just saying it seems we are all awaiting the news of Poe joining us or not going us; so the ones for or against can claim their argument for the respected side.  This includes me.... : )

Agreed it has broken down into a critique of Grigson and former Colts as well as an all out feud

3 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Yeah, and in fairness this isn't a straight forward contract situation. Poe and his agent are in a decent situation in that they will feel he is one of the top NT's and will want a good bit of money, probably more than what Ballard wants to pay. Hopefully they can work something out, its obvious that Ballard is keen on signing him and building the trenches, but he won't pay over the odds. 

Hold ups presumably include offset language, structute of payment and garunteed money.