Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network’s Deion Sanders says Colts stole other teams’ signals

BullsColtsFan1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Sounds a little bitter, doesn't he.?    Did someone chew him up and spit him out or something?

I like Tony Dungy's response to him.

He's still mad that gardocki ran his butt down.

Deion "if i see the whites of their eyes i'm gone" $ander$.

one more guy that loves the sound of his voice.

If you read his quote he seems to suggest something a little more; specifically that the Colts stole plays and then figured the signals for the stolen plays.

If all he is suggesting is stolen signals then yeah, this is just a way to keep himself relevant. I won't hold my breath for a retraction or apology but I would think that's warranted when you incorrectly accuse a team of cheating.

1 hour ago, -JJ- said:

Correct- pencil, paper, and binocs are used all the time but it's not illegal where as the camera is. Moore was a master at getting those signals.  Cameras have also been used as far back as the 40's with a brownie 8mm hiding in the woods.

The actual memo on the camera was not defined enough so BB pushed the interpretation. Good chance he would have won in court but he's not one to fight the NFL who have their own court if you will.

Over the years, its pretty clear that the NFL's 31 other franchises are getting pretty fed up with their constantly pushing the envelope.  The thing that always kills me is, they really didn't need to do all that.  

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

There's a huge difference - at least to the NFL - between watching from the sidelines and picking up on trends in signaling in real-time and videotaping.  The NFL has already clarified that trying to steal signals in real-time is fine.  What's not fine is videotaping them - before or during the game - and using them during the game.  So I mean, Deion is accusing the Colts of something that every team does do, legally might I add.  What the Colts didn't do, at least not via his assertion, was record them.  Like the rule or not, Dungy is right in that the Colts didn't cheat.

yeah, well, there's never been any proof the patriots ever videotaped signals before or during the game - and using them during the game, and we all still call them cheaters.  this is great, now we are in the same spot as the pats. people will now see us as cheaters, like it or not. get ready for the trolls saying put an asterisk next to our 06 championship.

dungy also says everyone was doing it, same thing the pats said about videotaping them. so if we are going to give the colts a pass on this because everyone was doing it, shouldn't we give the same pass to the pats?

Is this really a thing? Please tell me it was a snide comment. I don't pretend that teams don't try to figure each other out and study film session and try to learn things but honestly cheating? I guess the shoe is on the other foot for us. Maybe since we been crying about the Pats for so long we have to see what it feels like to be accused. Im tired of the NE cheating thing...it's just old and played out. They find grey areas loopholes and exploit them. Sometimes it back fires. I don't think they believe they are cheating. Just trying to get an advantage. Maybe they need someone from the inside to have some balls to stand up and say something when they see them going down that road but that culture doesn't really permit it. I hope we never foster that kind of environment here. I like doing things the right way. When the Pacers had their team of thugs and brawling I stopped watching them for several years. I won't suppor that kind of culture. I'm proud of our Colts generally. Hopefully we keep it that way.

38 minutes ago, buccolts said:

What I've learned by reading this thread:

Everyone who's ever punted a football for the Colts has caught Deion from behind.

No wonder he hates us.

Ha yeah I was waiting to hear that he was mad Pat laid the boom on him pretty soon. How many punters have we had lol!

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Over the years, its pretty clear that the NFL's 31 other franchises are getting pretty fed up with their constantly pushing the envelope.  The thing that always kills me is, they really didn't need to do all that.  

Yep- agree.  They didn't use them for the game being played because that would be hard but for studying tendencies for future games which you can still do via pencil and paper though more cumbersome :)

Although technology would eventually have caught up-  maybe satellite direct feed lol. . But QB headphone turn off has eliminated most concerns now.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We won our Championship fair and square, sorry media people. That is something the Colts fan base takes pride in.

This holier than thou attitude is pathetic. Small time mentality right here.

Pats 5 "tainted" championships > Colts 1 "pure" championship.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never said that but Deion wants to imply we cheated which is nonsense. I never even brought up the Pats in my Post.

Yep, we cheated by Irsay renting out cloud mixers to get it to rain just above the Miami stadium to slow down the vaunted Rex Grossman offense. :)

We cheated FOR the Bears by letting Hester return one all the way on kickoffs as well. :scratch:

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep, we cheated by Irsay renting out cloud mixers to get it to rain just above the Miami stadium to slow down the vaunted Rex Grossman offense. :)

We cheated FOR the Bears by letting Hester return one all the way on kickoffs as well. :scratch:

We beat some great teams on that run before the SB as well. Winning at Baltimore when they had Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and then beating the Patriots. That may have been one of the Patriots weaker teams but it was still Brady and Belichick so they were still Great.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We beat some great teams on that run before the SB as well. Winning at Baltimore when they had Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and then beating the Patriots. That may have been one of the Patriots weaker teams but it was still Brady and Belichick so they were still Great.

Yeah, it has not happened before or since then, beating the #1, #2 and #3 scoring D in the NFL in 3 games in a row in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, it has not happened before or since then, beating the #1, #2 and #3 scoring D in the NFL in 3 games in a row in the playoffs.

Yeah what's funny is as bad as people want to make the Bears out be that season, they blew Drew Brees and the Saints out in the NFC Title Game 39-14. So it's not like they were the worse SB team ever to get in. Beating the Ravens and Pats makes our run legit strong anyway.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah what's funny is as bad as people want to make the Bears out be that season, they blew Drew Brees and the Saints out in the NFC Title Game 39-14. So it's not like they were the worse SB team ever to get in. Beating the Ravens and Pats makes our run legit strong anyway.

They had a great defense and a strong running game. It's because of the Rex aspect they must have sucked. Well worse QBs have won s SB on great defenses. Rob Johnson, Trent Dilfer, even Ben Rothlisburger and Tom Brady in their first SB runs. It took Peyton a bit to figure out what he had to do but once it was clear Chicago was going to play two safeties deep and force it underneath and drop 7 in coverage etc. He checked to runs and underneath stuff to just carve up that defense.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

They had a great defense and a strong running game. It's because of the Rex aspect they must have sucked. Well worse QBs have won s SB on great defenses. Rob Johnson, Trent Dilfer, even Ben Rothlisburger and Tom Brady in their first SB runs. It took Peyton a bit to figure out what he had to do but once it was clear Chicago was going to play two safeties deep and force it underneath and drop 7 in coverage etc. He checked to runs and underneath stuff to just carve up that defense.

The Bears had an awesome Defense and had one the best SPTeams of all-time with Hester and Robbie Gould. Right off hand I can name at least 2 SB teams that were worse than them = the 1994 Chargers led by Stan Humphries lmao and 2000 Giants who got crushed by Baltimore.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Bears had an awesome Defense and had one the best SPTeams of all-time with Hester and Robbie Gould. Right off hand I can name at least 2 SB teams that were worse than them = the 1994 Chargers led by Stan Humphries lmao and 2000 Giants who got crushed by Baltimore.

I'd say every giants team to make it or win the SB was worse....(minus that first one with Sims) including 07 beating the undefeated Pats. So let's not act like underdogs don't win. We earned that SB.

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

He's still mad that gardocki ran his butt down.

Deion "if i see the whites of their eyes i'm gone" $ander$.

one more guy that loves the sound of his voice.

Preach WM. Deion thinks everything he says & does is one of a kind or visionary. My opinion of him as an analyst was already in the single digits. Now, you are officially at -1 Prime Time in my book. 

Notice how he never talks about his time on the Ravens? There's a reason for that. Go away Sanders & do us all a favor. 

When Deion talks, he expects everyone in the room to stop what they're doing and listen up.  He also expects his broadcast colleagues to worship him.  His is arrogant, self ingratiating, pompous, and an old act by now.  When he does an interview, anything he says, and much of it is simply embellished and outlandish, is said in such a cocky and arrogant way....that he almost intimidates his younger interviewees (for example, active players) to shake their heads in agreement and just go along with what he says based on his experience and cocky stature.  He is one of the worst broadcasters to listen to from that standpoint.  It made my skin crawl to listen to him interview Frank Gore and AJ after a nationally televised game two seasons ago and try to get Frank to "bite" on that he and AJ weren't getting enough touches and that they were mad about it......when in fact, Frank said himself he was fine with the coaching and as we all know AJ was getting any and all touches that he deserved.  Frank didn't "bite", he stayed honorable.  But of course, Deion had that smirk & laugh and grin as though he is always right.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We won our Championship fair and square, sorry media people. That is something the Colts fan base takes pride in.

What bothers me most about NFL fans who criticize or minimize our 2006 Championship is this: 

They always focus on QB Rex Grossman & his poor performance rather than remembering the conditions in the rain were even on both sides & INDY overcome the elements while the Windy City Bears collapsed.