Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network’s Deion Sanders says Colts stole other teams’ signals

BullsColtsFan1

6 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

When Deion talks, he expects everyone in the room to stop what they're doing and listen up.  He also expects his broadcast colleagues to worship him.  His is arrogant, self ingratiating, pompous, and an old act by now.  When he does an interview, anything he says, and much of it is simply embellished and outlandish, is said in such a cocky and arrogant way....that he almost intimidates his younger interviewees (for example, active players) to shake their heads in agreement and just go along with what he says based on his experience and cocky stature.  He is one of the worst broadcasters to listen to from that standpoint.  It made my skin crawl to listen to him interview Frank Gore after a nationally televised game two season ago and try to get Frank to "bite" on that he and AJ weren't getting enough touches and that they were mad about it......when in fact, Frank said himself he was fine with the coaching and as we all know AJ was getting any and all touches that he deserved.  Frank didn't "bite", he stayed honorable.

Did you do a case study on Sanders there Chris psychologically speaking? Because, your conclusions about Deion's character traits & qualities seem right on the money man. Well said BTW. 

Can you tell I despise Deon with the heat of a thousand suns? I can give you 21 reasons. Trust me. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Colts didn't do anything illegally and Dungy clarified it. Pats did, sorry Deion, nice try!

Deion was NEVER a Patriot. Lol (sonleave us out of it lmao) that said I think He is full of crap, if he thought this was the case why not come out with it I don't know YEARS ago?

now will Goodell execute plan "Wildgoose" and investigate the Colts and make them into the ultimate BABYFACE for the NFL. (Everyone already hates Goodell lol)

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Long story short, he said every other team does it and it's not cheating

lmao same thing Jimmy Johnson and every former coach said about Spygate. lmao 

lol just too funny, how the former coach says it so it must be true.. (again I think Deion full of poop, but please just because the guy who been guilty of said offense said they didn't do it isn't proof.. lmao ) 

Look I think all teams bend the rules to pretend otherwise is naive. The Pats are just incredibly successful compared to others.

That's not really my issue with the Pats its their persecution complex they exhibit while being entitled. Look their arrogance is deserved but to act like you are the wronged party/underdog is laughable when you won 5 SBs in 15 years.

Own it. 

Deion is just bitter because the Colts pretty much owned him when he played for Dallas.   He isn't over Hunter the punter walking him down lmao or Marvin Harrison torching his ***. 

He offered no evidence of any illegality or anything that isn't a common practice amongst the 32.  All teams try to read opposing signals on the sidelines if they can. Using your eyes to interpret what is in plain sight while on the field is a common league wide practice.  

11 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I have to quote this because I don't think he hates the Colts or Manning. At the end of this he says Peyton was great, but some of the guys around him deserve credit as well. That I totally agree with statement.

Teams change signals and disguise them all the time in sports why?  Because the other team has eyes and if they can figure out what the signal means of course they will use that information.  Why do you think college teams have like three QBs send in plays with only one being the real one?  Why do catchers have different signals for when a runner is on 2nd?  Why do race car drives not give out too much information during an in race interviews?  They know the other side is watch and trying to figure out what they are saying.  This is nothing new sports.  Unless Sanders has proof like that the Colts video taped other teams this just sounds like a bitter person who just wants to say a team cheated just to be able to say it.  

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Teams change signals and disguise them all the time in sports why?  Because the other team has eyes and if they can figure out what the signal means of course they will use that information.  Why do you think college teams have like three QBs send in plays with only one being the real one?  Why do catchers have different signals for when a runner is on 2nd?  Why do race car drives not give out too much information during an in race interviews?  They know the other side is watch and trying to figure out what they are saying.  This is nothing new sports.  Unless Sanders has proof like that the Colts video taped other teams this just sounds like a bitter person who just wants to say a team cheated just to be able to say it.  

Because the colts are above all and anyone stooping to such a low level as everyone else was at would surely condemn them to Hades, or something..... our Colts are oure as the driven snow!!!!  ; )

19 hours ago, eseae said:

yeah, well, there's never been any proof the patriots ever videotaped signals before or during the game - and using them during the game, and we all still call them cheaters.  this is great, now we are in the same spot as the pats. people will now see us as cheaters, like it or not. get ready for the trolls saying put an asterisk next to our 06 championship.

dungy also says everyone was doing it, same thing the pats said about videotaping them. so if we are going to give the colts a pass on this because everyone was doing it, shouldn't we give the same pass to the pats?

lol yeah, no proof.   That's what happens when you destroy evidence...DUH

And no, for the distinctions that the NFL has made on stealing signals.  This is not news and what the Pats did was different as far as the NFL is concerned.

Why bring this up now?

Why the Colts under Dungy?

Swiping/"stealing" signals happens everywhere in every game ever played at every level.

Why do baseball players cover their faces with their gloves?

Why do coaches cover their face with play cards? Answer: Lip readers on the field.

Why do sports coaches change their signals several time during their games? Answer: Suspect of signals being swiped.

Does a runner standing on second base read the catcher's signals to his pitcher?

How many team smart phones are recording everything on the sidelines in today's games?

Sanders has the personality of a large goiter on the neck and Tomlinson is an intellectual midget.

6 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

And no, for the distinctions that the NFL has made on stealing signals.  This is not news and what the Pats did was different as far as the NFL is concerned.

Right, there certainly was proof. Proof enough that the NFL issued an unprecedented fine and there is a perception that the NFL covered up more by destroying the evidence.

I don't understand why these two situations are being compared. The Spygate situation is completely different.

6 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Absolutely and what is often forgotten is that the Patriots have a genius in the booth that was using the footage. It is a shame teams like Philly, Pittsburgh and the Colts will probably never speak on the extent of what was happening. There are reasons that teams took precautions in NE that they did not have to do elsewhere. 

Whats the difference? I've seen many teams use the same signals, sometimes unintentionally just because it's easier to remember. When it comes to football you want your play calling to be quick and precise, so using signals that athletes are already familiar with seems like a smart idea. I remember when they accused Reggie Wayne of giving our playbook to New England when they signed him on a two-week contract, I guess Bill Belichick had nothing to do with that :). The point is, when critics see success they do their best to construed your interpretation of it. Especially with the Colts. They never speak good about us, but when it comes to Brady and Belichick they have nothing but high praises (even when they cheat).

7 minutes ago, DaltonDamaja said:

Whats the difference? I've seen many teams use the same signals, sometimes unintentionally just because it's easier to remember. When it comes to football you want your play calling to be quick and precise, so using signals that athletes are already familiar with seems like a smart idea. I remember when they accused Reggie Wayne of giving our playbook to New England when they signed him on a two-week contract, I guess Bill Belichick had nothing to do with that :). The point is, when critics see success they do their best to construed your interpretation of it. Especially with the Colts. They never speak good about us, but when it comes to Brady and Belichick they have nothing but high praises (even when they cheat).

Deion is a tool anyway. The colts earn their victories unlike the pats.