Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network’s Deion Sanders says Colts stole other teams’ signals

BullsColtsFan1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly was kinda scared when I read the title of this thread, but after reading both links I couldn't care less about these allegations. Gamesmanship is different than cheating, end of story. If nothing was obtained illegally (outside of the game or at other teams practices/walk throughs), I have no problem.

12 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

what was the game where he got tackled by hunter smith, when the previous week he'd stated when he sees the punter he "knows" he's taking it to the house

it's so much fun to pick on deion haha

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is one of the biggest Peyton bashers of all-time and Colts haters. Not sure what his deal is regarding that but he hates the Colts.

Its because our punter then, Rohn Stark, caught him from behind on a punt return.  After that, the league knew he was done.

Edit:  it was probably the same game where he got beat by Marvin.

Edit again:  Just saw the video above.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Colts didn't do anything illegally and Dungy clarified it. Pats did, sorry Deion, nice try!

There's a huge difference - at least to the NFL - between watching from the sidelines and picking up on trends in signaling in real-time and videotaping.  The NFL has already clarified that trying to steal signals in real-time is fine.  What's not fine is videotaping them - before or during the game - and using them during the game.  So I mean, Deion is accusing the Colts of something that every team does do, legally might I add.  What the Colts didn't do, at least not via his assertion, was record them.  Like the rule or not, Dungy is right in that the Colts didn't cheat.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

There's a huge difference - at least to the NFL - between watching from the sidelines and picking up on trends in signaling in real-time and videotaping.  The NFL has already clarified that trying to steal signals in real-time is fine.  What's not fine is videotaping them - before or during the game - and using them during the game.  So I mean, Deion is accusing the Colts of something that every team does do, legally might I add.  What the Colts didn't do, at least not via his assertion, was record them.  Like the rule or not, Dungy is right in that the Colts didn't cheat.

Exactly! We won so many games from 2003-2009 that of course the people that dislike us will try to find anything negative to say about those wins. There were some people in the media and fans that even thought Peyton and Reggie threw the SB on purpose in 2009 because they are from New Orleans.

13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Correct- pencil, paper, and binocs are used all the time but it's not illegal where as the camera is. Moore was a master at getting those signals.  Cameras have also been used as far back as the 40's with a brownie 8mm hiding in the woods.

The actual memo on the camera was not defined enough so BB pushed the interpretation. Good chance he would have won in court but he's not one to fight the NFL who have their own court if you will.