Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Honestly it's time to lock this thread, and let these rumors waste away in the vast dark empty spaces of the internet where they belong. 

People would just start new threads and the page would be filled with those again.  Better to just leave this open and that way you dont have scroll thru 30 different threads on the same topic

23 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Apparently, Caldwell was canned and Pagano was hired all before Grigson was hired. At least that was my understanding. 

other way around. Ryan was hired on the 11th of January that year and Pagano was hired on the 25th..... Caldwell fired on the 16th i believe

1 minute ago, Mr Clueless said:

One thing is for certain though.

Nobody gotta get any decent work done at the Colts HQ during this mess. At least the Draft is not in February because then we might as well flush that down the toilet! Not that this draft is the most important in years for the Colts, so... oh wait.... Dammit! :Gaah:

I'm sure things in colts hq are fine

JMV knows nothing of any firings today and still has heard no new names as far as a new search from Irsay. He also claims that it was Irsay's interest in Gruden that made Manning re consider taking the front office job here that he had initially said he was not ready for.

31 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

In other news, Cowherd just said, "Ryan Grigson is not a popular guy in Indianapolis right now, if you get a call from Grigson's PR person, hang up"  ....  a follow-up to the convo he had with Kravitz, who said that Grigson hired a PR firm to improve his image.

Cowherd loves Luck and despises Grigson and Pagano. I enjoy hearing him discuss the Colts.

33 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

In other news, Cowherd just said, "Ryan Grigson is not a popular guy in Indianapolis right now, if you get a call from Grigson's PR person, hang up"  ....  a follow-up to the convo he had with Kravitz, who said that Grigson hired a PR firm to improve his image.

So no new gm or coach.

All Grigs has to do is knock this draft out the park and the haters will slowly start quieting down. Everything changes in football when you start shifting things in the right direction. Knocking this draft out the park is a very good start.

Am I the only one who thinks that Chudzinski should have been the first coach to get fired? His play calling is atrocious and has no way of being able to utilize his players. I have said before that Dorsett is a bust but also has not been utilized. Use the kid on the boundary on quick screens etc. Regardless, Luck needs a guy like McDaniels that knows how to use his quarterbacks and players strengths rather than try to fit them into "their " scheme. 

2 minutes ago, ND Irish said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Chudzinski should have been the first coach to get fired? His play calling is atrocious and has no way of being able to utilize his players. I have said before that Dorsett is a bust but also has not been utilized. Use the kid on the boundary on quick screens etc. Regardless, Luck needs a guy like McDaniels that knows how to use his quarterbacks and players strengths rather than try to fit them into "their " scheme. 

DIsagree with McDaniels, but yeah the whole house needs to be cleaned out. So sick of seeing this team show flashes of their potential and being unprepared for games. 

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

All Grigs has to do is knock this draft out the park and the haters will slowly start quieting down. Everything changes in football when you start shifting things in the right direction. Knocking this draft out the park is a very good start.

Yeah that's right, He needs two home runs now.  FA and the draft.  He has the money for FA and the draft slot. He has the chance to hit it big on both and if he does this fiasco could all go away.  Not to mention we can easily get back to the playoffs if he does. We can only hope it works out well for the team. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah that's right, He needs two home runs now.  FA and the draft.  He has the money for FA and the draft slot. He has the chance to hit it big on both and if he does this fiasco could all go away.  Not to mention we can easily get back to the playoffs if he does. We can only hope it works out well for the team. 

It would satisfy me to know that all this quiet is really them putting their noses to the grindstone preparing for this draft and free agency period.  That's what I wish it was.

Counting on not one, but two Grigson home runs...

The sabermetrics guys just had a good laugh.

Colts will have to hustle to sell out the stadium this year.  Thankfully - no more blackouts.  Of course, after about a month, we might be wishing they were blacked out.

JMV has been saying for a few days now that Irsay is done looking. Like I posted in some thread yesterday or the day before, might as well get used to them being back. I don't like it, but its the cards we are dealt with. Might as well hope for the best. Maybe Pagano and Grigson will surprise us and get better. Unlikely, but its worth hoping for, as we have nothing else.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

JMV has been saying for a few days now that Irsay is done looking. Like I posted in some thread yesterday or the day before, might as well get used to them being back. I don't like it, but its the cards we are dealt with. Might as well hope for the best. Maybe Pagano and Grigson will surprise us and get better. Unlikely, but its worth hoping for, as we have nothing else.

Yep. I wanted a change as bad as anyone but now we just have to support the team and hope they get better

55 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

He (JMV) also now states that he has been told that the Colts are moving forward with "what they have right now".  He did go on to say that with Irsay that could change, but he hasn't seen anything to believe it will.

So basically the same crap we have been told for 3 weeks now. I'm done following these speculations until something legitimate actually happens. 

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yep. I wanted a change as bad as anyone but now we just have to support the team and hope they get better

Absolutely right bro. If the people running the team succeed, the Colts will succeed. I will root like hell for these guys to get it together. Lets hope they do, I don't want to see them fail and no one should.

13 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Is that so?  what horror movie franchise might the 2013 draft be then?  "Get Out?"  lol   

as far as Grigson and Pagano are concerned?   It's a sair ficht for half a loaf.  I guess failing means your playing, and lest things turn black as the Earl of Hell's waistcoat, I hope for the side to be Heid doon * up come next sched. Cause no matter what come then we're a Jock Tamson's bairns. An if Grigs and Pag's Can't keep the heid.... then there' bum's oot the windae, and Lang may there lum reek 

Alas, no matter what, All Jimmy's egg's are double yoakit, an whit's fur ye'll no go past ye.

We should remember guid gear comes in sma' bulk.... and it's a lang road that's no goat a turnin'

It's gaein be awricht ance the pain has gane awa.

That's screwed up the rest o the Forum. Well played laddie, well played....