Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well if he goes than send Grigson packing too since apparently he's the reason people don't want to come and work here. 

Tha-ts dumb. All Grigs does is recruit and write contract.  They have to play for flappy hands and he's a terrible coach 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I don't think taking TJ in the 2nd is improving. It's actually the same old stuff, loving him some project players. 

This offseason will be telling for Grigson. 

Pagano pick.     Blast Grigs all you want but PAGANO has his hand in bringing in people.   Good GMs go get what the coaches want

im not a Grigs supporter,   But he gets a lot more grief than he deserves

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Manning was SB MVP of our SB as well..... for going 25/38 for 239 yards with 1 TD and 1 pick...... completiion % was nice, as was the 53 yd TD to Wayne, granted....

Peyton shouldn't have been the MVP of SB XLI. It should've been Dominic Rhodes or Kelvin Hayden imo

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Pagano pick.     Blast Grigs all you want but PAGANO has his hand in bringing in people.   Good GMs go get what the coaches want

Do you have any thing to back any of that up?

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It's my opinion based on having seen both play. Elway has more of a presence and awareness than Luck does...at least at this point.  I'm not saying Luck is bad but he is no Elway to me.  I still see Luck making some decisions and questionable throws that I would expect him not to be making five years in given his talent and pedigree.  Luck is good but needs more consistency.  I think Elway understood the game better than Luck does at this point. My opinion. I understand Luck is not a finished product and look forward to his continued growth and improvement. 

Okay. I think it's entirely impossible to quantify, but that's fine. 

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Peyton shouldn't have been the MVP of SB XLI. It should've been Dominic Rhodes or Kelvin Hayden imo

Most of the time Peyton didn't play his best in the playoffs..He had some good games, but choked in his share of games too..Im a huge fan of his, but sadly this is true..He kinda choked whenever he had to play against us too..Sometimes I think he let the moment get to him..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Most of the time Peyton didn't play his best in the playoffs..He had some good games, but choked in his share of games too..Im a huge fan of his, but sadly this is true..He kinda choked whenever he had to play against us too..Sometimes I think he let the moment get to him..

Definitely had some good games but there were just so many games the Colts lost that they shouldn't have. But that's the thing with NFL. It's do or die unlike NBA, MLB or NHL

10 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Manning was SB MVP of our SB as well..... for going 25/38 for 239 yards with 1 TD and 1 pick...... completiion % was nice, as was the 53 yd TD to Wayne, granted....

Elway actually deserved his.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Definitely had some good games but there were just so many games the Colts lost that they shouldn't have. But that's the thing with NFL. It's do or die unlike NBA, MLB or NHL

The home games against Pitt, SD, and NYJ killed me...Offense became pedestrian, and then everytime we had to play the BELICHIKS in the weather in NE it was over before it started. ..

6 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Yes. pagano said so.    He was Pounding on the table with excitement  Said there were others standing on tables  yelling to draft him

Where does it say pagano wanted him more than grigs

https://www.google.com/amp/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2016/4/29/11542850/colts-would-have-drafted-t-j-green-with-original-second-round-pick-if-they-had-not-traded

I think people call Pagano a good guy, because players love him, he comes across as a family man, and he beat cancer and uses his experience to encourage others.   Also, he doesn't come across as cocky like Grigson does....or did.  I think he's been humbled a bit.

16 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I dont.know how you say so certainly it's a Pagano pick. Neither of us know.

And I don't think he does. But that's just my opinion again. 

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I think people call Pagano a good guy, because players love him, he comes across as a family man, and he beat cancer and uses his experience to encourage others.   Also, he doesn't come across as cocky like Grigson does....or did.  I think he's been humbled a bit.

I agree with this. However, I think it's hard to say if Grigson has been humbled. Since things have not been going as well the last couple of years he has appeared to have become selective with who he does speak with in the media.

18 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I know this is totally off topic but I don't buy that. Who was the Bears defense focused on shutting down? Who was throwing those check downs to the RBs, who was audibling to the run? Same thing with last years SB run. I know Peyton gets very little credit because he wasn't star wars numbers Peyton but there is something about being a field general....a CALMING affect for a team. That Denver team was a SB caliber team don't get me wrong...but why at the end of the season did they start cr@pping themselves? Why also when Peyton came in that final game to get them HFA in the second half everything settle down and start clicking? Was it a coincidence that the team played loose and confident in both the SB and AFC championship game when Peyton led them down the field on the first possession and put up points out the gate? His greatest gift and contribution was identifying what the team needed to do to win. Putting players in position to succeed and then getting the job done. That first SB I give Peyton HUGE props. He didn't try to win the game on his own. He quickly identified after that early pick that the weather and the way Chicago was going to cover that he wasn't going to have deep throws down the field. He was going to have to take a more manageable approach and put the ball where it needed to be to stay ahead of the sticks. The reason the fronts where there to run so successfully was because they were playing back to not give up the big throws. I know it will never change but the value of just his presence  alone was huge...and then when he made the big plays when they were there. It was a great team win but there was one captain of that boat and Peyton steared it to the win that night.

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Not sure what that means, but their situations and frustrating play (at times) is quite similar imo.

Fair enough. In my opinion a lot of Elway's frustrating play came from his pure cockiness. His belief in his ability to make big throws.  He made alot of crazy ones look routine.  Throwing across the field while going the other way on a regular basis.  He still exuded a certain cockiness and swag about him regardless of whether he just threw a touchdown or an interception. He seemed in command...regardless.

In much of Luck's frustrating play it appears that sometimes he doesn't see some things he should be seeing...forcing some throws into double coverage, throwing too high or flat out missing open guys.  He has a lot of passes batted down for a man of his height and I feel he would benefit greatly if he used the pump fake a little more to throw off the timing of D linemen.  When he makes a mistake he grabs or pounds on his helmet and beats himself up in pressers...he comes across as a little too self deprecating at times for my taste. 

i hope you don't  take this post the wrong way...I'm not trying to bash Luck just stating what I perceive as the difference between the two in my opinion. I realize that a lot of Luck's struggles at times is due to the shoddy job Grigson has done in protecting him and allowing him to have the time in the pocket needed to show his full potential.  I still see him as a very good QB with potential to be great and believe that we are very fortunate to have him.  

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I know this is totally off topic but I don't buy that. Who was the Bears defense focused on shutting down? Who was throwing those check downs to the RBs, who was audibling to the run? Same thing with last years SB run. I know Peyton gets very little credit because he wasn't star wars numbers Peyton but there is something about being a field general....a CALMING affect for a team. That Denver team was a SB caliber team don't get me wrong...but why at the end of the season did they start cr@pping themselves? Why also when Peyton came in that final game to get them HFA in the second half everything settle down and start clicking? Was it a coincidence that the team played loose and confident in both the SB and AFC championship game when Peyton led them down the field on the first possession and put up points out the gate? His greatest gift and contribution was identifying what the team needed to do to win. Putting players in position to succeed and then getting the job done. That first SB I give Peyton HUGE props. He didn't try to win the game on his own. He quickly identified after that early pick that the weather and the way Chicago was going to cover that he wasn't going to have deep throws down the field. He was going to have to take a more manageable approach and put the ball where it needed to be to stay ahead of the sticks. The reason the fronts where there to run so successfully was because they were playing back to not give up the big throws. I know it will never change but the value of just his presence  alone was huge...and then when he made the big plays when they were there. It was a great team win but there was one captain of that boat and Peyton steared it to the win that night.

I'm just stating what I saw in the game against the Bears. Dominic was very good and that game was still in doubt before that Hayden pick 6

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm just stating what I saw in the game against the Bears. Dominic was very good and that game was still in doubt before that Hayden pick 6

No problem. I mean I probably sound like a Peyton apologist but that was a really good game he played. Like many have said he has had games where he tried to do too much and force things and they didn't end up well in the playoffs before...but it appeared the team had finally shown that he could trust them and he played within himself...took what was there and let others do their job. That said his job was a big one...and he made the right decisions in checking in and out of plays. Those guys had big nights and unexpected contributions I agree but without Peyton guiding the team (and still making big plays) I don't think we win that game....and lets be honest yes there was a little left over affect in peoples mind of him leading us back to beat NE too.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No problem. I mean I probably sound like a Peyton apologist but that was a really good game he played. Like many have said he has had games where he tried to do too much and force things and they didn't end up well in the playoffs before...but it appeared the team had finally shown that he could trust them and he played within himself...took what was there and let others do their job. That said his job was a big one...and he made the right decisions in checking in and out of plays. Those guys had big nights and unexpected contributions I agree but without Peyton guiding the team (and still making big plays) I don't think we win that game....and lets be honest yes there was a little left over affect in peoples mind of him leading us back to beat NE too.

As we all know, QB is the one position that is heavily scrutinized. That's just how it is

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Wait are we blaming Pagano for personnel decisions now too? I thought the center of rift between Grigson and Pags was the fact that Grigson was getting players Pagano didn't necessarily want or did I misremember that?

1 minute ago, VocableLoki said:

Wait are we blaming Pagano for personnel decisions now too? I thought the center of rift between Grigson and Pags was the fact that Grigson was getting players Pagano didn't necessarily want or did I misremember that?

Pagano no has always been part of the selection process....  see frank gore Andrea Johnson as evidence.  Pagano hand picked DJoun Smith. TJ Green and others 

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Pagano no has always been part of the selection process....  see frank gore Andrea Johnson as evidence.  Pagano hand picked DJoun Smith. TJ Green and others 

Pagano hand-picked Djoun Smith? Is there any evidence of that? Frank Gore has also been a perfectly good player here.