Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Hell, they had a 2nd place schedule this past year..... worst case scenario is status quo and 10-6 vs. retread teams next year...... that

's what scares me the most......  buys these *s a year AFTER next, possibly 2!

^^This is one of the things that scares me the most about giving them one more year.  We get lucky next season and the ball bounces our way on a couple close games and we end up 10-6 but really aren't a better team than this season and Grigano then get one more year since "they improved and are trending up"... That's all we need is Irsay to have an excuse to keep them longer.  :wall:

2 hours ago, esmort said:

^^This is one of the things that scares me the most about giving them one more year.  We get lucky next season and the ball bounces our way on a couple close games and we end up 10-6 but really aren't a better team than this season and Grigano then get one more year since "they improved and are trending up"... That's all we need is Irsay to have an excuse to keep them longer.  :wall:

I hope "the ball bounces our way" a lot and we win 6 or 7 games by 1 point on flukes, wouldn't bother me one bit. I just want to win. I could care less if Pee Wee Herman is our Coach, 10-6 is 10-6. The Texans had the biggest fluke win over us of all-time but nobody cares and they get praised for winning the Division.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope "the ball bounces our way" a lot and we win 6 or 7 games by 1 point, wouldn't bother me one bit. I just want to win. I could care less if Pee Wee Herman is our Coach, 10-6 is 10-6. The Texans had the biggest fluke win over us of all-time but nobody cares and they get praised for winning the Division.

Honestly, no one should get praised for winning this division. It's like a little kid that gets promoted to high school (the playoffs). I actually praise Houston more for hanging with the Pats for 3 Quarters before Osweiller screwed it up. At least that was a step forward for them. Beating us in a close game is basically a 50/50 thing these days.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, no one should get praised for winning this division. It's like a little kid that gets promoted to high school (the playoffs). I actually praise Houston more for hanging with the Pats for 3 Quarters before Osweiller screwed it up. At least that was a step forward for them. Beating us in a close game is basically a 50/50 thing these days.

Maybe not but they still get praised. I guess the Seahawks and Steelers don't deserve praise either considering their division's were worse record wise. They both had an easy path to the Playoffs, so did the Falcons in the NFC South. All 3 of those teams had 0 competition in their Division.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe not but they still get praised. I guess the Seahawks and Steelers don't deserve praise either considering their division's were worse record wise. They both had an easy path to the Playoffs, so did the Falcons in the NFC South. All 3 of those teams had 0 competition in their Division.

Seahawks and Steelers had easy divisions as well, but they are better teams than us and can hold their own against solid teams in the playoffs. Seahawks lost to a better Falcons team and won a playoff game, and the Steelers are in the AFC Championship with a decent chance to go to the SB if things go right. We aren't in either of their leagues right now.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Seahawks and Steelers had easy divisions as well, but they are better teams than us and can hold their own against solid teams in the playoffs. Seahawks lost to a better Falcons team and won a playoff game, and the Steelers are in the AFC Championship with a decent chance to go to the SB if things go right. We aren't in either of their leagues right now.

Seahawks are fading fast but I agree the Steelers are very solid. I think they will beat the Pats.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but the NFC West is the worst Division in Football. I don't even see how that is debatable. They have 2 teams that suck bigtime in the Rams and 49ers.

I agree. Idk why the afc south gets allll the hate. Hell, the titans are getting talked up by alot people.. and for good reason. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Seahawks are fading fast but I agree the Steelers are very solid. I think they will beat the Pats.

I believe Sherman was playing with an MCL tear and Earl Thomas was out, so I give them a bit of a break. The Steelers could definitely make the SB. Belichick likes to take away the other teams best weapon, but who do you take away between Bell and Brown? Bell is the perfect RB against the Pats. He can run on them easily, he'll force the Pats to respect the run, he can catch 10 passes a game if he needs too, and if they focus on him, Ben has Antonio Brown. The steelers won't be helpless like we were when Hilton was taken out of the game. It will be a great game.

2 hours ago, esmort said:

... the ball bounces our way on a couple close games and we end up 10-6 but really aren't a better team than this season and Grigano then get one more year since "they improved and are trending up" ...

Ummm, I think this is the type of results (improvement), and those that are better, that Irsay was looking for when he extended their contracts.  He wants his team winning and relevant again... in the hunt  to win a championship.

It seems to me many fans want the team to fail so they can justlfy screaming at Irsay to remove Grigson / Pagano from the payroll.  Then they'll take the winning again, but not before. 

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ummm, I think this is the type of results (improvement), and those that are better, that Irsay was looking for when he extended their contracts.  He wants his team winning and relevant again... in the hunt  to win a championship.

It seems to me many fans want the team to fail so they can justlfy screaming at Irsay to remove Grigson / Pagano from the payroll.  Then they'll take the winning again, but not before. 

I agree 100%. I could care less if we won every game 21-20 or what ever because we get the breaks at the end. That is Football and most teams that have Good records do get the lucky breaks. The hate for Chuck in here has become so overwhelming that people just want us to lose. I am for change but not for losing.

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe Sherman was playing with an MCL tear and Earl Thomas was out, so I give them a bit of a break. The Steelers could definitely make the SB. Belichick likes to take away the other teams best weapon, but who do you take away between Bell and Brown? Bell is the perfect RB against the Pats. He can run on them easily, he'll force the Pats to respect the run, he can catch 10 passes a game if he needs too, and if they focus on him, Ben has Antonio Brown. The steelers won't be helpless like we were when Hilton was taken out of the game. It will be a great game.

Falcons pretty much stomped the Seahawks and Wilson was healthy. I just don't see them being a SB factor anymore without Lynch. Are they still Good, of course but not a threat to win the SB. Dallas is young and upcoming and Matty Ice isn't going anywhere either. Rodgers is basically Superman as well. I fully expect the Panthers to be better next season too. Seahawks aren't the kings anymore in the NFC.

I agree 100%. I could care less if we won every game 21-20 or what ever because we get the breaks at the end. That is Football and most teams that have Good records do get the lucky breaks. The hate for Chuck in here has become so overwhelming that people just want us to lose. I am for change but not for losing.

In this case, those two things are exclusive. People want to lose so their is change. Sure, there's a possibility we could go 10-6 next year and win the division. Then what? We are overmatched in the playoffs and have to count on Pagano to outstrategize the other team. There's a small chance he can do it vs a team like the Texans and Dolphins or Ravens. Basically no chance he could do it vs the Raiders with a healthy Carr or the Chiefs. He's yet to do it Vs the Steelers or Pats in 5 years. Most people here just don't want a 1 and done scenario in the playoffs as the best possible scenario, and that seems to be the case with Pagano.

9 minutes ago, IndyPhil said:

Was there a actual confirmed report of a presser or was it just a rumor? My sad reading skills couldn't find the answer to that question in the thread

It's all rumor. Everything that's been said is based on rumors...

And then snowballs... 00000000000000000000000000000000

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

In this case, those two things are exclusive. People want to lose so their is change. Sure, there's a possibility we could go 10-6 next year and win the division. Then what? We are overmatched in the playoffs and have to count on Pagano to outstrategize the other team. There's a small chance he can do it vs a team like the Texans and Dolphins or Ravens. Basically no chance he could do it vs the Raiders with a healthy Carr or the Chiefs. He's yet to do it Vs the Steelers or Pats in 5 years. Most people here just don't want a 1 and done scenario in the playoffs as the best possible scenario, and that seems to be the case with Pagano.

I don't want to see that either but going 1 and done isn't a definite. We didn't go 1 and done in 2014. We have had the misfortune of having to play against the greatest Coach of all-time and a QB like Brady in Big games. I am not sure had we had any other Coach we could've beat them in 2014.

I don't want to see that either but going 1 and done isn't a definite. We didn't go 1 and done in 2014. We have had the misfortune of having to play against the greatest Coach of all-time and a QB like Brady in Big games. I am not sure had we had any other Coach we could've beat them in 2014.

The more I think about it, 2014 seemed like a case of great matchups. We took advantage of them, I will give Pagano credit for that, but the Pats just blew us out so badly that a lot of people aren't going to forgive it until we beat them. Not only did we get blown out, we haven't beat them or the Steelers in 5 years, so it's like getting through a minefield hoping to get through the playoffs and not facing either of them. Pagano isn't the worst coach in the world, but he can't make the SB without beating at least one of them, and if he can't make the SB, then he needs to be canned. We don't watch as Colts fans to make it to the playoffs, we watch to hopefully win the SB. We need a coach that can get us there.

The more I think about it, 2014 seemed like a case of great matchups. We took advantage of them, I will give Pagano credit for that, but the Pats just blew us out so badly that a lot of people aren't going to forgive it until we beat them. Not only did we get blown out, we haven't beat them or the Steelers in 5 years, so it's like getting through a minefield hoping to get through the playoffs and not facing either of them. Pagano isn't the worst coach in the world, but he can't make the SB without beating at least one of them, and if he can't make the SB, then he needs to be canned. We don't watch as Colts fans to make it to the playoffs, we watch to hopefully win the SB. We need a coach that can get us there.

I am about winning the SB as well as a fan but we need a better Defense, that is my main concern. If we can get a better Coach in here than I would be for it no doubt. I just don't want to CAN Chuck to be doing it.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am about winning the SB as well as a fan but we need a better Defense, that is my main concern. If we can get a better Coach in here than I would be for it no doubt. I just don't want to CAN Chuck to be doing it.

That's why I'm going to watch and see what players we pick up in FA and the draft on defense. It will determine what type of team we are this year. If we go cheap on FA's and/or an rb in the 1st round, we will have a bottom 5 defense most likely again. If we select 2 solid FA's and go defense 1st round and 2 of the next 3, we should have a middle of the pack rank on defense, and then Luck and the offense should get us to the playoffs where something could potentially happen. We have to choose smart though, go BPA on defense, and not make many mistakes. Has to be a draft like last year, except on defense. If not, the Titans are going to gain on us with 6 picks in the first 75, and the Jags will get the 4th pick and a new coach, while the Texans are a QB away from being a big threat.

That's why I'm going to watch and see what players we pick up in FA and the draft on defense. It will determine what type of team we are this year. If we go cheap on FA's and/or an rb in the 1st round, we will have a bottom 5 defense most likely again. If we select 2 solid FA's and go defense 1st round and 2 of the next 3, we should have a middle of the pack rank on defense, and then Luck and the offense should get us to the playoffs where something could potentially happen. We have to choose smart though, go BPA on defense, and not make many mistakes. Has to be a draft like last year, except on defense. If not, the Titans are going to gain on us with 6 picks in the first 75, and the Jags will get the 4th pick and a new coach, while the Texans are a QB away from being a big threat.

If we keep Chuck and Grigs I think they know this is a make or break for them now. I think Grigs, at least I hope goes all out trying to Draft and getting Defense in Free Agency

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

It was, and Grigs pretty well knocked the draft out of the park

He did pretty much hit it out of the park but he could have done even better if he didn't go with two projects; Clark and Green.  He could have had another starting guard, the guy who went to the bears and was moved to center and became a fixture on their line.  He should have known he has no time for projects.  The next GM or coach will benefit from those moves.