Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mr Clueless said:

You could say that. Now I thinking more in the line of Kyle Shanahan as HC, but with his father Mike hired as an HC assistant/mentor to council his son (if he wish) the first couple of years. Whatever setup those two would like. Might not be that crazy. 

I suppose at this point it may be viable to look at options with all this smoke in the air.  Even if most of it is unverified gossip social media type crap.   Personally Im still down with another year of Chuck.  I feel like with an improved line and another young back we'll be able to run and pass the ball with more balance.  Add some young pass rushers and beef up the interior a little more and I think he can get it done.  I think the talent gaps effect the coaching in different areas. Add that with coming back to the same coaching staff they can learn from the different mistakes they made in 2016 and they'll have moments from last year they can look at and say "Hey remember that game plan from such and such"  We had a lot of new staff together for the first time.  I see value in people growing together through the tough moments.  

The tough moments give you a point of reference that you can look to when the same circumstances present themselves again you have better info on how to deal with the situation. Even with the bad personnel on the line the offense was top 10-12.  Add some talent to the D and I feel like 2017 should bear better results.  If it don't then I am 100 percent for his firing.  That's just my take on things.  Every man has his right to his own view.   I've never seen much from Gruden to make me feel like he was some elite coaching mind and certainly nothing to make me feel like he'd be any better than Grigson when it comes to personnel.  I watched any number of games when Gruden was coaching at Tampa Bay.  I think a 6 year span from 2002 to 2008 is telling in itself. 1 playoff win during the time frame and a firing.  Wins were less and less and the personnel got worse too.  I don't see much there for him to waltz in here talking about full personnel control and whatever the other demands.  Don't see anything defense wise from his stint at Tampa after that Super Bowl to make me feel like he'd have us playing better defense either.    Give me all the excuses you want and I'll listen, but I don't think it's all the way fair to dismiss Chucks accomplishments either.  Hell I think I'd listen more about Shanahan than I would Gruden.   But again that's just me!

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Pagano no has always been part of the selection process....  see frank gore Andrea Johnson as evidence.  Pagano hand picked DJoun Smith. TJ Green and others 

I'm sure Andrea would have played better then Andre haha

4 hours ago, BOTT said:

What makes Chuck a great human being?  Just curious.

Poor choice of wording. I'm still getting used to the whole "new parent without sleep" thing haha... 

I guess I meant he seems like a nice guy, and has done a lot of charity work, helped out at benefits and genuinely has been interested in playing a positive role in the community. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Poor choice of wording. I'm still getting used to the whole "new parent without sleep" thing haha... 

I guess I meant he seems like a nice guy, and has done a lot of charity work, helped out at benefits and genuinely has been interested in playing a positive role in the community. 

I will say this, he came to see a "person" who had cancer while I was at work.  That alone does not make him a great guy, a lot of people do that.  But when that is all you know of a person, it looks good.  And I don't know him personally, so......

6 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

:facepalm:

C'mon Irsay, say something so this will all go away.

If, after going for Manning and Gruden, he does publicly state that Grigson and Chuck are returning, it's probably just beginning.  At the moment, people don't know what to say or think.  They're still hopeful something will happen.

3 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Most of the time Peyton didn't play his best in the playoffs..He had some good games, but choked in his share of games too..Im a huge fan of his, but sadly this is true..He kinda choked whenever he had to play against us too..Sometimes I think he let the moment get to him..

Josh Wilson had an interesting tweet following the Patriots game...Brady has a higher percent of 2 INT playoff games than Manning...not always on the QB.

had Manning had the Patriots coaching, defense, and special teams play I believe he would have at least three Super Bowls and probably more

2 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Josh Wilson had an interesting tweet following the Patriots game...Brady has a higher percent of 2 INT playoff games than Manning...not always on the QB.

had Manning had the Patriots coaching, defense, and special teams play I believe he would have at least three Super Bowls and probably more

Well yeah, and so would Vinny Testaverde.......

1 minute ago, gnet550 said:

I agree 100%.He would probably have 5 or 6..Manning tried to do too much in playoffs or overanalyzed things which caused him to choke for us. Im not necessarily saying interceptions just low scoring pedestrian play..If Belichik had him it would have been scary....Saying that he also played some great games as well...I just feel like we could have had a few more with that offense of future hall of famers ...

12 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

The only reason the presser wasn't today is because it's a holiday...

:D

Its gotta be true they threatened to shutdown their twitter page that hasn't been used since 2014 up until a few months ago..They have too much too lose....

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

Doubt it they gonna be back next yr building that monster lol,  9-7 if we lucky hard schedule next yr 

They have an easy schedule on paper based on this year's results. 2 of the 4 games against playoff teams are against Houston. 

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

They have an easy schedule on paper based on this year's results. 2 of the 4 games against playoff teams are against Houston. 

Hell, they had a 2nd place schedule this past year..... worst case scenario is status quo and 10-6 vs. retread teams next year...... that

's what scares me the most......  buys these *s a year AFTER next, possibly 2!

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I can see the first question now.

Jim why did it take so long to make this announcement?

then watch Grigson and Pagano look at Irsay while he stumbles his way through that.

That's the first example of why I don't believe THAT press conference will ever take place......  If nothing changes, I doubt we hear from Jim until free agencies first signing..... and he will just hope we forget

5 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Peyton shouldn't have been the MVP of SB XLI. It should've been Dominic Rhodes or Kelvin Hayden imo

100% agree. I love Peyton and he played decent, but not MVP like. Biggest reason we won was Rhodes and Addai running all over the Bears defense. 

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

It doesn't matter if it goes away, the hoards will find other things to incessently complain about. The Draft is going to be a Nightmare on Elm Street......

Is that so?  what horror movie franchise might the 2013 draft be then?  "Get Out?"  lol   

as far as Grigson and Pagano are concerned?   It's a sair ficht for half a loaf.  I guess failing means your playing, and lest things turn black as the Earl of Hell's waistcoat, I hope for the side to be Heid doon * up come next sched. Cause no matter what come then we're a Jock Tamson's bairns. An if Grigs and Pag's Can't keep the heid.... then there' bum's oot the windae, and Lang may there lum reek 

Alas, no matter what, All Jimmy's egg's are double yoakit, an whit's fur ye'll no go past ye.

We should remember guid gear comes in sma' bulk.... and it's a lang road that's no goat a turnin'

It's gaein be awricht ance the pain has gane awa.