Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's true enough, but on Sundays, most everything going on downtown is pretty Colts-centric, no?

I guess so, I've only been there twice and both for home games. I'm planning on doing my bachelor party there in August so will find out.

2 hours ago, corgi said:

I live in Virginia, I have to pay $300+ or whatever the cost of Sunday ticket is to watch the Colts play. Me not paying $300 for an inferior product does not make me fair weather, I can still check scores online or follow the game through the forum. Not paying $300 for an inferior product makes me fiscally responsible. I wouldn't pay $15,000 for a car that will probably break down if I could use the bike I already have to get to work. 

People continuing to pay for Sunday ticket when the team is bad doesn't make them a better fan either. They just have more $ to blow. 

I've been a fan since '95 at which time I was 9. I have a Colts tattoo, and I've watched a ton of football in that time. It doesn't make me a better fan than the guy that's been a fan since Luck or Manning as drafted. No one is a better fan than anyone else, that's subjective nonsense.

There is a difference between exercising fiscal responsibility versus abandoning following a team, whether that means no longer going to games or watching games, etc., when financial means remains static.  The guys that are saying, enough of this crap product, I am cancelling my season tickets, cancelling Sunday Ticket, and no longer watching, following, or supporting the bums, ... and they encourage everybody else to also quit on the team, as in, boy we sure are going to show that Irsay ... to me, that is not dedicated fandom.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I haven't been in a long time, but I remember thinking that the tailgaiting scene was pretty uneventful, especially for an NFL game.

For the two games I went to, I was in a small lot for one of them and we had a good time, second game (homecoming game this year), we went straight to the stadium since it was just my fiance and I and I wanted to look around for a while. Really great stadium.

2 hours ago, corgi said:

I live in Virginia, I have to pay $300+ or whatever the cost of Sunday ticket is to watch the Colts play.

Ouch. The Sunday Ticket would be such a better product if they gave you the option of only watching the team(s) that you want to see as opposed to making you pay for every single game. I'm sure their sales would plummet if they made that an option though.

41 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

There is a difference between exercising fiscal responsibility versus abandoning following a team, whether that means no longer going to games or watching games, etc., when financial means remains static.  The guys that are saying, enough of this crap product, I am cancelling my season tickets, cancelling Sunday Ticket, and no longer watching, following, or supporting the bums, ... and they encourage everybody else to also quit on the team, as in, boy we sure are going to show that Irsay ... to me, that is not dedicated fandom.

I'm on both sides of this. As a consumer, I believe in voting with my dollars. If I dislike something, I can choose not to support it financially. So I don't have a problem with a fan being fed up with the decisions a team is making, and actively choosing not to support it anymore. I think lobbying others to do the same is a step too far, but that's JMO.

My beef is that the Colts aren't some listless organization that can't get out of its own way. It's been two years of substandard performance, and not only was the first year kind of extenuating circumstances, they made significant changes to try to fix things. There's no real excuse for not playing well in 2016, but still, it's not like the Colts are being run into the ground. And I say that as someone who believes that Pagano, at the very least, should be replaced.

So I don't necessarily have a problem with how someone expresses their fandom. But I do think some of the attitudes lately reflect a sense of entitlement and a lack of perspective. The Colts have mostly given their fans a good product. Doesn't mean someone who is fed up with the people running the team needs to just sit down and shut up; doesn't mean that if we're not the Browns, there's nothing to complain about. But, to me, a couple substandard seasons -- not even bad, just not up to the standard to which we all hold this team -- isn't cause for turning on your team. 

19 hours ago, deedub75 said:

The bar is so low now that they can't fail. All they have to do is not have a losing record. 

Who's bar?  Certainly not Irsay's.

to say we have NO talent on the roster as some do is ridiculous.

we have holes, as do all teams, including those still in the playoffs. The problem is we get exposed.  I attribute this to planning, preparation, and coaching more than anything.

i think Irsay understands this, and is trying to fix it.

my opinion is we need SOMEONE who isn't a "buddy" with the players. A leader must know when to use tough love, and i just don't see it. I'd also like to see the energy level rise, which would help with the slow starts.

SOMETHING needs to obviously change.  Sure we need better talent, especially at LB.  but i am confidentvthat even with the talent we have , especially on offence, this team should have produced better. I attribute most of this to preparation and coaching more than lack of talent.  I think Irsay feels this way too:

8 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Not by this fan!   I've been true blue since 1966.  A lifer that has suffered through far worse times than this.  Sure I am frustrated, but on the verge of quitting my fandom for the Colts?  Never!

Based on these forums, I'd say it's impossible to under-estimate the fan level of frustration.   I think that here in this place, though, there are a lot of impatient fairweather fans that have no idea what suffering through real mediocrity means.

I've been a Colts fan since the Baltimore days too.  And as you have, i've considered not paying the $300 for nfl ticket too.  I've had nfl ticket since manning's rookie year.  I have ALL the games recorded since then and many before too. I watch past games in the offseason.

even tho i consider dropping the ticket, i won't.  Just as i would still go to my child's games if they or the team stunk.  My connection with the Colts goes WAY past wins or losses.  Sure its frustrating just like most of the 80's were, but to give up watching every game?  Not gonna happen.  Hang in there.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Ouch. The Sunday Ticket would be such a better product if they gave you the option of only watching the team(s) that you want to see as opposed to making you pay for every single game. I'm sure their sales would plummet if they made that an option though.

I pay 99 a year for NFL game pass on the phone and PC  in case a Colts road game isn't on TV here, and there are usually 2  or 3 like that. You also get the radio feed with Lamey and Sorgi. You can't watch the game till it's over so I just listen to it while eyeballing other games and watch the game later. It's a cheaper option . 

Edited by mahagga73

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

i think Irsay is trying to find an improvement. But let's face it, now that gruden,saban, harbaurgh are all saying they dont want to leave their current gigs, short of trading for a coach, there's really not any guaranteed upgrades out there.  That's the problem.

I like Shanahan , suprised they are kicking the tires on him. 

11 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I've been a Colts fan since the Baltimore days too.  And as you have, i've considered not paying the $300 for nfl ticket too.  I've had nfl ticket since manning's rookie year.  I have ALL the games recorded since then and many before too. I watch past games in the offseason.

even tho i consider dropping the ticket, i won't.  Just as i would still go to my child's games if they or the team stunk.  My connection with the Colts goes WAY past wins or losses.  Sure its frustrating just like most of the 80's were, but to give up watching every game?  Not gonna happen.  Hang in there.

I've got all of them from 85 till 2002 myself on disc. 

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

I pay 99 a year for NFL game pass on the phone and PC  in case a Colts road game isn't on TV here, and there are usually 2  or 3 like that. You also get the radio feed with Lamey and Sorgi. You can't watch the game till it's over so I just listen to it while eyeballing other games and watch the game later. It's a cheaper option . 

I go to the bar, which usually ends up being the most expensive option of all. But I can't get the Ticket where I live, so I don't really have much of a choice.

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I go to the bar, which usually ends up being the most expensive option of all. But I can't get the Ticket where I live, so I don't really have much of a choice.

Like I said, if you can just go radio and watch after, gamepass  has every NFL game from the last 10 years on there plus home and road audio. Gamepass is available online everywhere. 99 bucks. Game available a couple hours after in short or full version, even coaches angles. All teams plus preseason. 

3 hours ago, Dilger85 said:

They vacated wins due the NCAA being ridiculously biased.  ND self reported, failed the kids that cheated, and suspended all of them while the investigation was happening.  The NCAA still decided to hammer them due to some of the kids that cheated were playing during that time frame.  ND took the absolute correct approach as soon as they were notified of possible infractions and they got hammered.  Meanwhile UNC can have fake courses for athletes and not get in once of trouble, ridiculous.

Not a ND fan but that was harsh. Seems like the NCAA strategy on how to not put the hammer down on  their cornerstone program is to come out with a new  set of new allegations every few years so they never actually have to punish their cash cow and it becomes forgotten. Like Tarkanian said , the NCAA will be so mad at UNC they will punish Wilmington. 

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

What happened in 2002?  Dvd recorder die?  I've be n thru 3 of them.

haha

VHS went out basically . Dad stopped buying tapes. I thought it was a hell of a thing for him to do for every game for years but glad he did, I wouldn't have probably . 

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

VHS went out basically . Dad stopped buying tapes. I thought it was a hell of a thing for him to do for every game for years but glad he did, I wouldn't have probably . 

I did the vhs thing until dvd recorder.  Then i copied all the vhs to dvd too. The '95 playoff run is one of my favorites.  

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I did the vhs thing until dvd recorder.  Then i copied all the vhs to dvd too. The '95 playoff run is one of my favorites.  

Yep. Got all those. Even got a lot of other stuff like the pro bowls and some of the SBs. Several end of season specials, previews  that he got from the TV stations. Coaches shows, etc. 

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Saw this, came to the conclusion Florio watches this forum, doubt he posts...... maybe, just to ask questions so he can claim he "polled the fanbase"   when necessary..... but fairly certain that self-important wannabe is lurking somewhere....

8 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Wow $300 for Sunday ticket. Was that regular or Max? I have to haggle every year since 2004 with Dirctv to get deals.

Regular. $300 may not be exact, i do the monthly payments from September until February. I try to haggle but it gets me nowhere.

5 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Yep. Got all those. Even got a lot of other stuff like the pro bowls and some of the SBs. Several end of season specials, previews  that he got from the TV stations. Coaches shows, etc. 

haha

i used to record pregame then postgame stuff to add perspective.  And yes, i recorded probbowls too but only when colts were in it.

oh, and of course pre season.

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

haha

i used to record pregame then postgame stuff to add perspective.  And yes, i recorded probbowls too but only when colts were in it.

oh, and of course pre season.

The pre-season stuff was local , I got those too. They could be tuned on the satellite .

14 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Who's bar?  Certainly not Irsay's.

to say we have NO talent on the roster as some do is ridiculous.

we have holes, as do all teams, including those still in the playoffs. The problem is we get exposed.  I attribute this to planning, preparation, and coaching more than anything.

i think Irsay understands this, and is trying to fix it.

my opinion is we need SOMEONE who isn't a "buddy" with the players. A leader must know when to use tough love, and i just don't see it. I'd also like to see the energy level rise, which would help with the slow starts.

SOMETHING needs to obviously change.  Sure we need better talent, especially at LB.  but i am confidentvthat even with the talent we have , especially on offence, this team should have produced better. I attribute most of this to preparation and coaching more than lack of talent.  I think Irsay feels this way too:

Irsay set the bar low when he said they were in a reboot. 

34 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

For all of you that are paying for Sunday ticket, I can show you how to watch the games for free.... I am sure I cant post it on here, so PM me.  It's legal and everything, just dont want to get in trouble ya know

yeah...I'm sure it is lol