Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Concussion (Merge)

TKnight24

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Didn't Luck take a hit to the back of the head on our first TD?  I remember @SteelCityColt commenting on him taking a nasty hit to the head in the game day thread.  Or am I making a mistake?

Yes, he did. It was the play where he dived forward at the goal-line. Can't find a video but here's a screen-cap.

Cx0vmZ9WgAEwbQB.jpg

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well great... This Colts team is a constant disappointment. No chance of playoffs now, and you just know luck will get healthy in time and win enough games that we won't get a good draft pick. I have had enough wasting my time with this team... Talk to ya next year to complain about the same problems.... I can't do it anymore this year. 

Right now it doesn't look good for Thursday but there is a chance he makes it.  He did finish the game and he had a post game press conference.  No apparent symptoms that were spotted.  Maybe just a little nausea feeling and tomorrow he feels better and he can start passing the protocol.  Hoping it's not serious and he can make it. 

20 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Ack, I hope he's ok.  He's really leaning towards a shortened career if he takes this much more abuse.  Unfortunately, the fix lies within the management, coaching staff  and players that are supposed to protect him.............  Not feeling to good about his safety. 

I concur

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah...that would do it.  

Yea he got sandwiched a bit. He was simultaneously wrapped up high and low, so he couldn't really brace himself for the turf.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited to see what Scott Tolzien can do for us, so maybe this will be another New England blessing in disguise where our backup is a stud.

Yeah let's trot him on the field against Blitzburgh so he can really get his block knocked off.   I hope they rest the kid as a precaution. Luck takes a pounding every week. If you can't protect your franchise on the field then keep him off of it in this situation. We are most likely taking a "L" on Thursday regardless...Luck or no Luck...it's the Steelers...Colts will do what they usually do against that team...and that's cave.  No need to risk Luck.  

31 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Well that stinks but we also know that Chud has shown the ability adjust the game plan around what his QB can do. I find it hard to believe Luck will be able to clear all 5 steps in 4 days time but wont be surprised to see him playing. Either way I'm not concerned. I'm more concerned about the defense getting carved up like a thanksgiving day turkey than if the offense can put points on the board without Luck

Chud can't seem to adjust to throwing short slants and crossing routes or bunches formation for his best qb but he can do it for all the scrubs that warm the bench for him..his adjustments are trash

7 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Yea he got sandwiched a bit. He was simultaneously wrapped up high and low, so he couldn't really brace himself for the turf.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited to see what Scott Tolzien can do for us, so maybe this will be another New England blessing in disguise where our backup is a stud.

lmao great joke 

43 minutes ago, Mjølner said:

This. Except I believe it was not even his shoulder pad which hit him. I remember thinking it was helmet to helmet.

Me too.  It was close.  Looked like helmet, then shoulder.

his neck snapped doen too.

maybe the sum of the combo of this and the other hit.

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

How do you not know when your qb suffered a concussion?????? Smh

I think we all know what play it happened on.  The lineman threw his full weight on Andrew and the slo-mo replay was brutal... watching his head snap back when it hit the turf at a very high velocity was painful.  It sucks because we could have still been in the playoff hunt.  Without Andrew Thursday, throw that out the window. (Granted, the Texans would have to lose tonight as a prerequisite, but you never know with the new-fangled Raiders)

26 minutes ago, Ratking said:

Well great... This Colts team is a constant disappointment. No chance of playoffs now, and you just know luck will get healthy in time and win enough games that we won't get a good draft pick. I have had enough wasting my time with this team... Talk to ya next year to complain about the same problems.... I can't do it anymore this year. 

This is the best news i've heard all day !

18 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah let's trot him on the field against Blitzburgh so he can really get his block knocked off.   I hope they rest the kid as a precaution. Luck takes a pounding every week. If you can't protect your franchise on the field then keep him off of it in this situation. We are most likely taking a "L" on Thursday regardless...Luck or no Luck...it's the Steelers...Colts will do what they usually do against that team...and that's cave.  No need to risk Luck.  .                     Pittsburgh had the fewest sacks in the league up until last week.                

14 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I think we all know what play it happened on.  The lineman threw his full weight on Andrew and the slo-mo replay was brutal... watching his head snap back when it hit the turf at a very high velocity was painful.  It sucks because we could have still been in the playoff hunt.  Without Andrew Thursday, throw that out the window. (Granted, the Texans would have to lose tonight as a prerequisite, but you never know with the new-fangled Raiders)

I think it's time for some of us Colts fans to realize that the Texans have a lot of will to win  despite their shortcomings at QB. 

51 minutes ago, snkdy said:

Yes, he did. It was the play where he dived forward at the goal-line. Can't find a video but here's a screen-cap.

Cx0vmZ9WgAEwbQB.jpg

I thought it was this play actually. Kind of strange how he seemed fine after the game then this is going on? Usually when you get a concussion you are knocked silly. He was perfectly fine in the post game presser.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

The play where he ran to about the 1 or 2 yard line.  One defender was at his feet and a second caught the back of andrew's head with his shoulder pad .  I remember worrying about a concussion when i saw it.

andrew kinda turned around like it was a "good" hit.  And by good, i mean HARD. 

My thoughts as well. I had an oh shoot moment when he took that hit. Especially after he bobbled the football 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He is really racking up injuries. This FO and coaching staff are trying their best to screw his career to hell and back. 

55 minutes ago, coltsva said:

If he showed no symptoms at the time of the hit, and none immediately after the game, it's likely he's having headaches. 

That's a good point. They don't let you do post game interviews if you have c oncussion symptoms.

He must have had them later

1 hour ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I don't think it's a done deal he doesn't play Thursday.  I think there is a small chance,  however unlikely, because they haven't elevated Morris yet.  

If he can't play I would start morris because Tolzien can't play a lick and I think we lose regardless so why not give him a chance.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought it was this play actually. Kind of strange how he seemed fine after the game then this is going on? Usually when you get a concussion you are knocked silly. He was perfectly fine in the post game presser.

I really thought it was that one too. But it could just be a combination of the hits causing the concussion. 

Sometimes concussion symptoms can be delayed. It's possible that he wasn't fine during the game and simply played through it (wouldn't be the first time), but he could have started feeling disoriented after the game. 

44 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I was so hoping to finally beat the Steelers. I've been waiting for years. 

We are cursed. Someone call the Chicago Cubs and ask them how to break this!

I'm gonna call Lucas Oil Stadium and find out their policy on Billy Goat's.