Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Concussion (Merge)

TKnight24

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks so bad. Not just for Luck, but I really legit was thinking we had a shot to upset the Steelers at home this time around and well UGH now it don't look so good unless we can pull out a miracle of the ages.

We come closer to them at home usually then on the road and this game I was really looking forward to.

And I also deeply hope Luck can recover from this without side effects. The team has to be safe here with him.....

28 minutes ago, IinD said:

Hopefully he's cleared obviously, but this game will get ugly if he doesn't play.

Tolzien isn't beating anyone.

He won't be cleared.  Agree that it will be ugly.  But it probably was going to be anyway...at least now we'll have a hollow excuse for the incoming butt whooping. 

12 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

I've read the steps of the concussion protocol and he isn't playing Thursday . No need to get up your hopes. It's a long process that entails 2 doctor sign offs, 2 practices, one pads, one not, plus rest. Isn't happening. He may not play against the Jets. 

Why wouldn't he play against the Jets, that is 2 weeks away LOL. He hasn't even been ruled out yet for Thursday.

18 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

I've read the steps of the concussion protocol and he isn't playing Thursday . No need to get up your hopes. It's a long process that entails 2 doctor sign offs, 2 practices, one pads, one not, plus rest. Isn't happening. He may not play against the Jets. 

Its not entirely impossible, seeing on how Devante Adams was cleared for a short week earlier this year. Obviously it's a small chance, but if he didn't display any symptoms during the game and they aren't disclosing his symptoms now, who knows. You really don't need to worry about the Jets game

42 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Adams came back from concussion protocol before a Thursday game. Now granted, every player is different. Not saying Luck is gonna clear. I'm 99 % sure Scott Tolzien is gonna be under centre for the Colts. I'm sure the team and Andrew will be working tirelessly to get him cleared for Thursday. Probably won't happen, but crazier things have happened.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why wouldn't he play against the Jets, that is 2 weeks away LOL. He hasn't even been ruled out yet for Thursday.

Depends on if its serious. Concussions are weird. Some might miss 1 game, some might miss almost a whole year. Lets hope he misses no more than 1.

32 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

You know what else sucks? Geathers is gonna be (probably) out too. So our QB, and arguably best defender last week (and only real hard hitting safety), won't be in, as Bell will likely be running for 10 yard gains every other play.

Wonder if we put Butler back at safety, with Robinson hopefully coming back. 

5 hours ago, snkdy said:

Pagano said it was the fourth quarter, and not the helmet hit in the first half. Keefer thinks it was this one.

The one in the first half where he was running for the touchdown was scary but that's the hit that really caught my eye yesterday. He landed flush on his back. Figured he got the wind knocked out of him. Definitely was a noticeable hit nonetheless. 

The silver lining with this concussion, an early game and it being our star qb is that this is at least an 8pm gametime so he gets the luxury of an entire day on Thursday to get cleared. I'd like to see Morris get activated anyway just in case Luck does start and gets reinjured. I liked Morris better in the preseason but the team chose Tolzein so that's who the team is going to play, no doubts if it's a back up used. 

Hate to see Geathers hurt also. Just as big of a blow against a bruising run game. 

19 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The one in the first half where he was running for the touchdown was scary but that's the hit that really caught my eye yesterday. He landed flush on his back. Figured he got the wind knocked out of him. Definitely was a noticeable hit nonetheless. 

I remember that play too. Took a hard shot at his neck/head area.

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Figures.

Just hope Luck is okay. His career is gonna be severely shortened if something isn't done this off season. 

Nothings going to change they have had 5 years and still same. I give luck another 3 4 years with the way he takes hits there's only so much the body can take before something breaks. 

13 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I know the exact play. I remember thinking Luck hit his head really hard on the ground. Derrick Morgan sacked Luck and he came backwards on his back and Luck smacked the back of his head against the ground. Could very well be the play.

No, I'm thinking it was the play where Luck got tackled near the end zone. He got hit in the head on that play. 

We will have to make great use of the ground game in this one using Gore, Turbin and Todman, plus the short passing attack. Pittsburgh blitzes a lot. At least Tolzien is able to throw the deep ball unlike Hasslebeck so we can also take some shots when necessary.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

We will have to make great use of the ground game in this one and the short passing attack. Pittsburgh blitzes a lot. At least Tolzien is able to throw the deep ball unlike Hasslebeck so.............

Honestly if I see us change the entire offense for tolzien I suggest we fire chud for being an * 

7 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

I would assume it was his head hitting the turf on the play where he was hit from behind in the legs and infront in the chest.

That seems to be a usual thing at Lucas Oil. Ask the Chiefs...

Agreed. Something needs to be done about our freaking field.