Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck makes the worst decisions in the league

YourNextGM

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

The coaching staff doesn't help,  but you pay this guy to elevate the staff.  4th and 1 and u throw that ball instead of just running for the 1st.  This guy's intellect as far as football is vastly overrated.  

Yeah, cause Luck is the main problem with this so called "team" (sarcasm)

6 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

The coaching staff doesn't help,  but you pay this guy to elevate the staff.  4th and 1 and u throw that ball instead of just running for the 1st.  This guy's intellect as far as football is vastly overrated.  

Coaching..... need to clean house.. Irsay DO YOUR JOB

Not disagreeing with you. But I'm just saying. All off season people (especially our owner) are talking about how Luck needs to "play smarter". Not to put his body in a position where he'll get hurt. On that 4th down play, if he runs, he'd probably get the 1st, but also get hit pretty hard. He avoids taking a hit and elects to throw, and it might have just cost the Colts the game.

7 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Its not lucks fault Allen cant catch a cold what irks me is every time this team loses you blame luck you guy are stupid its a team sport you win and lose as a team we would have won if it wasn't for terrible defense.

8 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Luck doesn't decide who is in the game and who isn't. This staff has pounded it into Luck's head to not run. Too worried about him getting hurt. 

Which is stupid because this O line is getting him murdered either way. 

The only dumber people on the planet than the Colts management and head coach are some of the posters on this board. We have one potentially great player and have surrounded him with junk but of course that one superb player is the problem.

2 minutes ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

You know the OP isn't to far off point.  He has been in the league for a while now and needs to be a leader and elevate your team.  Oh ya and be able to read defences which i think he has trouble doing

I agree that Luck needs to demand more from his teammates and show more fire as a leader. But bad coaching is also killing this team. 

12 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Try not to delate in absolutes....

I think Luck made a mistake....    should've run for the 1st....

But saying he makes the worst decisions in the league only makes you look like a horses rear end who doesn't know anything about football.

Luck made a bad decision.      Try not to over-react.

4 minutes ago, azcolt said:

The only dumber people on the planet than the Colts management and head coach are some of the posters on this board. We have one potentially great player and have surrounded him with junk but of course that one superb player is the problem.

Yeah he should have run but horrible play call to begin with. Agree with you on your assessment.

2 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

It was a bad play call but I do agree Luck should have ran it. The O-line was awful and the WR's dropped passes, but he missed a lot of wide open WR's. He's still locking on to Hilton far too often which leads to coverage sacks. 

Nope, this game he was actually going through progressions, the Jags had solid coverage most of the game. Can't blame him for consistently going for TY when he's catching and getting separation.

Look I like Allen. I appreciate what he brings to this football team. But he is the last guy I want trying to make a clutch play on fourth down in the fourth quarter of an important divisional game. 

And it's 4th and 1. How are you NOT gonna have Gore on the field? Even if you don't run it with him, having him out there at least gives the Defense something else to worry about. With him off, J'Ville pretty much knew we were gonna throw the ball.

Worst decision in the league? That's Irsay who extented the contract of Grigson and Pagano! It's clear that after five years running for his life the terrible Oline has a big influence on his game and decision making. He is hit and sacked right and left for five years now...

I don't understand what we were thinking with that call and I wish Gore had been on the field, but on the replay Allen did look open. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck hesitated to run because he's been told to not put his body in that position any longer.

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Look I like Allen. I appreciate what he brings to this football team. But he is the last guy I want trying to make a clutch play on fourth down in the fourth quarter of an important divisional game. 

And it's 4th and 1. How are you NOT gonna have Gore on the field? Even if you don't run it with him, having him out there at least gives the Defense something else to worry about. With him off, J'Ville pretty much knew we were gonna throw the ball.

That's exactly right. Who the # is worried about Josh "Breeze" Ferguson ("Breeze" because that's all it takes to tackle him). Truly baffling call.

And while we're at it. How come the booth didn't review the spot? That was worth a look. Stupid booth.

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

That's exactly right. Who the # is worried about Josh "Gets tackled by the breeze" Ferguson. Truly baffling call.

And while we're at it. How come the booth didn't review the spot? That was worth a look. Stupid booth.

Dude TY had that first down. Unless I missed something crazy. 

I don't think that was a bad decision at all Allen was open for a easy 1st down.  Had Allen not flash in from of Luck guess what Luck runs for the First down.   Don't blame Luck him and Hilton are the only reason we kept the game close.  Blame Grigson and coaches if you want to blame.  Luck does better in he 2nd half it seems always for years.  And what do we do in the 2H we go no huddle offense.  Give Luck that control again all game and then judge Luck.  I'm so tired of Grigson and Pagano.  We need a Offense minded coach.  Since the Peyton era we have been a offense juggernaut why change that now.  Why try to run the ball if it's not doing anything.  Better off throwin it short with the RB.  That is somewhat running the ball.  Irsay please please fire Grigson and Pagano clean house already.  Irsay you are doing the same thing you did to Peyton that's why we only have one SB ring to show for it.  Man I'm done for the week I wrote way too much and complain way too much cause I'm mad.  I was up super late for a wedding didn't sleep till 4 AM woke up with 4 hours of sleep to see my colts get killed cause of coaching and players not doing there job.  Allen play like a TE that deserves that contract.  Allen what were you doing last night hangin with the London chick and partying?

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Bingo. Took the guessing right out of the equation with Gore on the sideline

12 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

It was a bad play call but I do agree Luck should have ran it. The O-line was awful and the WR's dropped passes, but he missed a lot of wide open WR's. He's still locking on to Hilton far too often which leads to coverage sacks. 

He hardly 'locked' on to TY today... we dropped 6 balls..we were down 17..and we had a 60% rookie line

Luck didn't miss a lot of wide open receivers today..you saw a different game

IMO yes should of been able to run the ball for a half a yard I don t know exactly what the play was called on the field, And no i am not blaming the o-line today Jacksonville was not going to let the colts throw downfield and the coaches knew exactly what they had today and instead of throwing underneath and throwing to the flats or even doing some pitches they instead stayed with throwing deep routes or running up the middle.  Now on the blitz were luck was sacked he did not read the defense also the center kelly also should of picked it up but he is a rookie and he is learning, But  i am sick of luck not able to read a blitz or changing a play to a hot route. On a 3rd and eight luck throws it 20 yards down the field into double coverage, on a 1st and 10 he hands off for a 1 yard loss if he would of looked to his left the man in the slot was wide open for a 5 maybe 6 yard gain. Look I am not saying it is all lucks fault because luck has won plenty of games with is ability but he has to play smart football and he left a lot on the field today.   

12 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

That's exactly right. Who the # is worried about Josh "Breeze" Ferguson ("Breeze" because that's all it takes to tackle him). Truly baffling call.

Exactly my thoughts. 99 out of 100 times that spot would be reviewed . I no longer wonder why Ferguson went undrafted. I never in my life ( 56 years of watching football) have seen a RB go down as easily as he does.