Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm not giving up on this team thread

coltsfeva

Ok, so everybody is disappointed, * or ready to give up on the season. Plenty of blame to go around. When I looked at the game highlights, so many big plays were a result of correctable mistakes (i.e Sio Moore's missed tackle among others, bad route running, bad throws, bad coaching decisions).

We knew the beginning of this season would be rough with all of the injuries and new players. 

I still say the Colts are a playoff team, when healthy. A healthy secondary improves the pass rush (just ask Von Miller and Andre Ware).

I was hoping to hear from other Colt fans who feel the same way: that they are not playing up to their potential but so much is correctable.

GO COLTS!

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Ok, so everybody is disappointed, * or ready to give up on the season. Plenty of blame to go around. When I looked at the game highlights, so many big plays were a result of correctable mistakes (i.e Sio Moore's missed tackle among others, bad route running, bad throws, bad coaching decisions).

We knew the beginning of this season would be rough with all of the injuries and new players. 

I still say the Colts are a playoff team, when healthy. A healthy secondary improves the pass rush (just ask Von Miller and Andre Ware).

I was hoping to hear from other Colt fans who feel the same way: that they are not playing up to their potential but so much is correctable.

GO COLTS!

Yeah there's still plenty of season left but they've dug themselves a hole.  Next week is going to be tough but they need a win to get back in the mix.  Hopefully NE will beat Hou with their third string QB lol, ugh.....

I don't think the shortcomings in the first two games are nearly as egregious as they've been made out to be. We just played one hell of a defense that made the plays to secure the win. That's what they do. We were well within striking distance until the end

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we still win the division, or at least secure a wild card berth. You never know, some bad luck and we could go 4-12. We'll see. I'll enjoy the ride either way

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

GO COLTS!

I agree. I think we'll be fine. Especially if Vontae comes back and we can get AC in the slot. Plus I think Henry Anderson will be the biggest impact player to return.

That all said, we can't drop to 0-3 or worse yet, 0-4, if we do that, the hole will be too much unless we go on a 12-0 run

Yall know I'm usually very optimistic no matter what the case, but it's gotten harder for me to even say with a surety who the Colts are going to beat anymore.  The injuries have gotten to be a massive problem.  The other issues I agree can be improved.   With that reality it's hard for me to say with complete confidence we'll beat San Diego next week.   I can't see that same group of DBs playing Phillip Rivers next week and only giving up 20 points like we did with Simien.  Really the D only gave up 7  or more points and held CJ Anderson to 20 carries for 74 yards.  Gave up some extra yardage to the other backs, but given the circumstances they gave us some opportunities on offense and we didn't capitalize enough.  The offense gave up more points than the Defense ironically.  This was a game we should have won had we done a couple things differently.   I think the offense will score more points against San Diego than we did against Denver, but if we have to play them with a bunch of backups in our Secondary optimism is difficult.  We'll see what happens...  This start is definitely rough, but I'm still sticking with my boys.  Hopefully the Most High grants us with some better health moving forward though.

This team will get better as the year goes on and people get healthy.  

Having healthy corners will allow us to play more man to man.  Which in turn allows to Blitz and get creative with that front seven.  We can't do that right now.  

Moncriefs injury is concerning though.  MRI today.  We need him in what will be a high scoring game against the chargers.  

This team is fine, we kept the game close with Denver with excruciatingly obvious holes on the defense, and a poor offensive line.

We may not win many games until after we get some health back, but if we can manage to make the playoffs, I can see a NYG type run, to the Superbowl. If anything these early season losses will make us dangerous down the stretch.

I am disappointed that they lost at home to the Lions.  The Broncos game was a legit loss.  Not many teams walk into mile high and have it easy.  I think the depleted defense played better yesterday.  They gave up a lot of yards but kept the points to a minimum.  Hopefully that carries into next week.  The offense looked good at times but had a pretty rough time 3/4 of the game.  I am confident they can re group and get a win vs the Chargers at home.  One game at a time. Hopefully the defense can get healthy.  I'd like to see what the defense is made of with Henry, Vontae, Robinson, Cole and even Art Jones out there.  

Nobody is giving up.. Not fans, not the organization. The organization may be incompetent, but that's another issue..

The fans on the other hand have every right to be worried, dissatisfied and pessimistic.. They have every right to express their opinion on what may come.. Be it a 2 win season, or a 10-plus win season with a playoff birth..

But this may be the first time there are 2 organized threads for expressing displeasure with pagano and grigson, and it's because there is a lot to complain about. That is what is the most worrying for me..

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

GO COLTS!

That's cool and all, but if they lose next week, it's over. It's hard to imagine Houston losing to New England with their 3rd string QB getting the start next week, and if we go down 3 games in the division, there's no overcoming that.

I usually just read this forum but this is a thread I will comment in. No matter how bad a loss looks I am still a colts fan through and through (have the shoe tattooed on my arm). People on here love to point out the bad on this team but don't want to focus on how close we really are to being dominate. Like really only a couple things are needed for us to he completely dominate. A workhorse running back, a pass rusher, and a star defensive player. Once we get those three, which could be by next year, we are going to be the monster.

Even this season is not lost. Back in 2007, at the beginning of the year, I remember our defense being quite suspect. Bob sanders was injured alot and the D played soft. It not that we tackled well we just swarmed anyone who had the ball. The halfway near the end of the season things started clicking and boom our D was strong enough. The same thing can happen this year. We can get vonte back and take out someone's top target while Adams and cromartie shut down the #2. I think we play the run barely well now. Think about when. Henry Anderson is back. Not to mention Arthur Jones (might not be what he was but great addition to this line if healthy). We could hit that hard part of the schedule and look like a different team. Just like when we come out of halftime lol.

No matter what I bleed blue and even a loss will not stop that. Heck I live in Seattle and my girl wants me to be a Seahawks fan so bad. NEVER! COLTS COLTS COLTS!!!!

I thought this Denver week was the week we could eeek out a win and we came very close to it.  I don't feel as strong about San Diego unless we can get Vontae back. Or at least Robinson, Butler, and Green . Maybe they let Henry Anderson play.  I'm hoping Geathers turns out to be okay, but I have this fear he's broken his foot again.    Or some type of thing that's going to keep him out for a couple weeks.    I don't like the matchup we are getting again with all of San Diegos pass receiving running backs.  It's like playing the Detroit offense again.

I will continue to watch the games regardless of how good or bad we do but I'm also a realist. Things aren't looking good for us right now. There's still some tough games on the schedule and we've been hit with injuries. We weren't a great roster to begin with. We don't have the talent to compete with contenders like the Steerlers, Patriots, or Broncos. 

1 hour ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

Nobody is giving up.. Not fans, not the organization. The organization may be incompetent, but that's another issue..

The fans on the other hand have every right to be worried, dissatisfied and pessimistic.. They have every right to express their opinion on what may come.. Be it a 2 win season, or a 10-plus win season with a playoff birth..

But this may be the first time there are 2 organized threads for expressing displeasure with pagano and grigson, and it's because there is a lot to complain about. That is what is the most worrying for me..

People are mostly complaining about the same things just beating a dead horse in my humble opinion. Rarely am I seeing any new material against the two.

As for being positive it took the Broncos until the fourth quarter to get those big plays and our defense held in there despite being riddled with injuries and bad luck I don't know what kind of season we will have but this team will be good and if not this year, with the right drafting and FA signings next year I can easily see the Colts back in the hunt.

Until they can get some semblance of a team back, meaning getting guys back healthy, this team cannot win, unless they're playing a team like Cleveland or Chicago.

Sorry to sound so negative, but it's the truth. They just have too many starters hurt to compete with other teams that are much more healthy. Plus when you combine that with a HC who can't out coach the opposition, it makes it very difficult to pull out victories.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Plus I think Henry Anderson will be the biggest impact player to return.

That all said, we can't drop to 0-3 or worse yet, 0-4, if we do that, the hole will be too much unless we go on a 12-0 run

You hit the nail on the head with Andersons return. He has been sorely missed, and the other young D linemen are improving on last season. Trench's are looking up IMO. 

I am sorry to say this. The people who believe this team is fine need some sort of a wake up call. Next week we are going to face the Chargers and sorry to say folks that is a lost. We could go into the Bye week 0 and 5 because you think the bears are going to roll over on us. This Defense can not stop anybody. Siem still threw over 200 yards and we made him look good. They rans all over us. We can not tackle. We can not block on the offensive line. But all that is on Reitz and the coaching. Chip block him with a Rb or have a Tight end hit him off the line. Do something against Von Miller. 

Also lets face the fact that we do not have a head coach. The head coach as no clues on what to do. He is a defense minded coach and look we are dead last in the defense category. 

Oh i bet even if we get some of the starters back it will not change.

Just going to have to do the best with what we got on the roster. Not everything is correctable this year. With that said there is 14 games left. I would like our defense right now to take on a nothing to lose mentality and blitz a lot more on run and passing down and Corners to take some more risks jumping routes. Yes they will give up some plays doing that but it at least shows they are trying to make big game changing plays. We need an infusion talent across the board at LB. Need more athleticism and speed

Anyone reading or posting hasn't given up on them. We just had high expectations this year, or at least I did.

They most likely aren't winning it all so my goal has dropped to just making the playoffs, but no chance I'd ever give up on my team. I can say they suck and still love them.

37 minutes ago, Imrryr said:

People are mostly complaining about the same things just beating a dead horse in my humble opinion. Rarely am I seeing any new material against the two.

As for being positive it took the Broncos until the fourth quarter to get those big plays and our defense held in there despite being riddled with injuries and bad luck I don't know what kind of season we will have but this team will be good and if not this year, with the right drafting and FA signings next year I can easily see the Colts back in the hunt.

First paragraph:

Why do you think that is? It's because the same things are the problem for years now.. More and more fans are tired of "we'll watch the film and cirrect things" only to watch same thing happen next week, next season.. More and more fans are seeing it and calling it out.

Second paragraph:

Those are big IFs (draft and FA), and taught from past experience, aren't very likely to happen under this regime...

2 hours ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

First paragraph:

Why do you think that is? It's because the same things are the problem for years now.. More and more fans are tired of "we'll watch the film and cirrect things" only to watch same thing happen next week, next season.. More and more fans are seeing it and calling it out.

Second paragraph:

Those are big IFs (draft and FA), and taught from past experience, aren't very likely to happen under this regime...

In addressing the first paragraph I see your point, but right now is not a true litmus test for what our coordinators have trained and coached these guys to do given most of our starters it seems are a few weeks if that in the building (defensively)

In regards to the second this draft was much better and over all so far so were the prior years with 2013 being a huge miss, FA is always a game of Russian Roulette and even bill Polian had terrible signings and many many bad drafts. Don't get me wrong I dislike Grigson but things aren't as bleak in my eyes as the majority of people make it out to be. 

Well?.........Well?..........is it?

Let's all take a collective breathe. We were one drive away from beating the defending champs. No clue who's bright idea it was to leave Miller one on one, but regardless we held our own for most of the game and as we continue to get healthier, we're gonna get better. Keep believing and continue to bleed blue. God bless.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Being satisfied not getting blown out by a good team is the attitude a Browns fan would have.

They had a chance to win the game before the strip sack, let's not act like we are just happy they didn't lose by 30. This team isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe.