Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm not giving up on this team thread

coltsfeva

You need to realize the Colts are not going anywhere this season with the Roster they have and the coaches leading them......Coach(s) if you're halfway decent, you can get these guys to perform.  Clapping of the hands, rah, rah rah, let's go ain't going to cut it. Are you listening Pagano? You need to go  to the Bill Parcells school of Football 101 and take your assistance with you.  Listen you're  not winning, it's time to take a different approach to your coaching style. 

29 minutes ago, corgi said:

They had a chance to win the game before the strip sack, let's not act like we are just happy they didn't lose by 30. This team isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe. 

^ This is what happened on this plane of existence Sunday. A decimated D made it one heckuva game all the way up to the final minutes. We were in this game despite opinions even with the M.A.S.H. unit the Colts fielded. Even with a sub-par offensive showing, we still had a shot til the sack. Even with playing the leagues best D, we still had a shot. Even with the lousy officiating crew, we still had a shot. JMO

22 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

You need to realize the Colts are not going anywhere this season with the Roster they have and the coaches leading them......Coach(s) if you're halfway decent, you can get these guys to perform.  Clapping of the hands, rah, rah rah, let's go ain't going to cut it. Are you listening Pagano? You need to go  to the Bill Parcells school of Football 101 and take your assistance with you.  Listen you're  not winning, it's time to take a different approach to your coaching style. 

I agree

46 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well?.........Well?..........is it?

Let's all take a collective breathe. We were one drive away from beating the defending champs. No clue who's bright idea it was to leave Miller one on one, but regardless we held our own for most of the game and as we continue to get healthier, we're gonna get better. Keep believing and continue to bleed blue. God bless.

I'm not speaking for anyone else by any means, but my reasoning for worry with this team is mostly due to coaching and injuries. We see these horrible coaching decisions almost every week. I do not believe Indy can win a Super Bowl with Pagano as HC and I'll stand by that. Some coaches are just not made to be HC's. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Well?.........Well?..........is it?

Let's all take a collective breathe. We were one drive away from beating the defending champs. No clue who's bright idea it was to leave Miller one on one, but regardless we held our own for most of the game and as we continue to get healthier, we're gonna get better. Keep believing and continue to bleed blue. God bless.

Merged your thread

2 wins in a row and all of this doom and gloom will be gone and we will be talking about the highest seeding we can get.  

Hopefully our secondary will start to return by next week and the injury bug will be over.

Apart from the obvious injuries, I think some of this is carry over from last years debacle.  Had a huge cloud over the team with the speculation of coaching and GM change and bickering and Luck out for the season.

Winning is a habit and we are out of the habit so until we get that 1st W, its going to feel like an epic struggle.

From a coaching legend:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."  

My 2 cents

1 hour ago, corgi said:

They had a chance to win the game before the strip sack, let's not act like we are just happy they didn't lose by 30. This team isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe. 

Bingo! Winner winner; chicken dinner. I think some fans wanted to say well at least we can beat the SB Champs & they were discouraged when we didn't. INDY was competitive with Denver until the Miller play. I agree 100%

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Being satisfied not getting blown out by a good team is the attitude a Browns fan would have.

Really? You're bringing the pathetic Browns into this discussion? Is that supposed to be an asset or a fatal flaw because I can make a case for either one LJP. 

1 hour ago, gacoop1 said:

:puhleeze:

13 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

8-8! that's wishful thinking.  Colts at best if they're lucky with their schedule might win 3 games...

Clearly, you've been listening to Mark Schlereth on ESPN's NFL LIVE who loves to state that the Colts are a 2-14 team without Luck just like he loved to repeat that phrase without Manning almost constantly. 

Keep being a ray of sunshine there GAC1. :sarcasm: INDY has only played 2 games. Relax.

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

I will never stop watching and rooting for the Colts but lol I don't lie either. It ain't happening this year guys, sorry to say. I hope I am wrong but it likely won't happen.

But, hopefully a few positive things occur that make me wrong.

While I agree that since the AFC South has gotten better among our division making our pursuit of a crown tougher this year Jules, I just don't care for fans [ not including you in this group BTW] that are ready to play "Taps" & put us in an NFL casket this early in the season. It's absurd. 

Just now, southwest1 said:

While I agree that since the AFC South has gotten better among our division making our pursuit of a crown tougher this year Jules, I just don't care for fans [ not including you in this group BTW] that are ready to play "Taps" & put us in an NFL casket this early in the season. It's absurd. 

I would prefer most be realistic with how they feel then fake optimism to fit in.

I am not saying it's completely over, but at the moment I would give the South to the Texans and say we would have to try for a WC later. I really MIGHT give the South to the Texans early if they do beat NE on Thursday night.

And it don't even bother me much.......football is a diversion for me and entertainment only. I love the Colts but I also know the chances of us going into the playoffs and beating say NE/Steelers and even a few other teams is VERY slim.

The Colts simply suck.  Give the HC/GM all the credit for this mediocre and average at best team.....They don't draft well, they don't coach well they don't execute well, they are just a sorry bunch in this organization.....

I'm watching MNF Phi vs Chi.  Phi is quarterbacked by a Rookie QB and Coached by a Rookie as well, they are on their way to be  a 2-0 team...A Rookie QB and a Rookie coach and they're going to be 2-0. Can ;somebody explain that why they have that successful formula and we can't.  Can the pathetic Colts say that with their supposedly Franchise, highest paid, overrated, over hyped,  overpaid QB.   And coach by supposedly experience coach in the league.....Again this is a sorry team....Need to make adjustments big time, that should be replacing the HC/GM soon....

2 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

The Colts simply suck.  Give the HC/GM all the credit for this mediocre and average at best team.....They don't draft well, they don't coach well they don't execute well, they are just a sorry bunch in this organization.....

I'm watching MNF Phi vs Chi.  Phi is quarterbacked by a Rookie QB and Coached by a Rookie as well, they are on their way to be  a 2-0 team...A Rookie QB and a Rookie coach and they're going to be 2-0. Can ;somebody explain that why they have that successful formula and we can't.  Can the pathetic Colts say that with their supposedly Franchise, highest paid, overrated, over hyped,  overpaid QB.   And coach by supposedly experience coach in the league.....Again this is a sorry team....Need to make adjustments big time, that should be replacing the HC/GM soon....

Is there any other reason you are here besides complaining? Or is that all you are?

19 minutes ago, Jules said:

I would prefer most be realistic with how they feel then fake optimism to fit in.

I am not saying it's completely over, but at the moment I would give the South to the Texans and say we would have to try for a WC later. I really MIGHT give the South to the Texans early if they do beat NE on Thursday night.

And it don't even bother me much.......football is a diversion for me and entertainment only. I love the Colts but I also know the chances of us going into the playoffs and beating say NE/Steelers and even a few other teams is VERY slim.

I can't really judge Brock Oz until I see how well he moves the ball vs NE on TNF this week. I know their defense is solid under Romeo Crenel led by JJ Watt. I need to see how their new franchise QB handles adversity like when Bill Belichick takes away WR DeAndre Hopkins for starters. 

Look, I'm a realist too & I realize that we might miss the playoffs this yr. However, I'm not throwing the towel after only 2 weeks. If we do miss the playoffs, that might actually force us to address a need to fortify our defense in the next draft or think about pass rush rotation possibilities. I'm talking about fresh legs that will allow our vets to get some rest on certain downs like the NY Giants excel at. 

I'm not even thinking AFC Championship Game scenarios yet. Way too early for predictions there yet until about week 8 or 10. Right now, all I care about is a clean pocket for Luck every week where Chewy feels comfortable there like a momma's womb for a child not born yet. 

Am I ready to give up on the team right now, no.  but i also see it being hard to get past 6 games this year.  we are really not that good this year.  call it coaching, talent, play calls, execution, whatever.  doesnt matter.  our division has improved, like it or not, or believe what others are saying about their play, they have built their teams to stop and combat us, and it isnt going to be that hard this year.  sure we are missing players, but i really dont think they are going to make that much of an impact to make the plays that much better.  we have some serious flaws.  why cant we tackle?  why are our plays so predictable?  why do we start so slow . . . . .still?  

5 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I believe IF this team was healthy, they'd be 2-0 right now.

They were what like 2:00 minutes and change combined from being 2-0? I don't think this is a super bowl team, but with the injuries and such the fact that they are competitive is pretty impressive.

24 minutes ago, coltsdan said:

Am I ready to give up on the team right now, no.  but i also see it being hard to get past 6 games this year.  we are really not that good this year.  call it coaching, talent, play calls, execution, whatever.  doesnt matter.  our division has improved, like it or not, or believe what others are saying about their play, they have built their teams to stop and combat us, and it isnt going to be that hard this year.  sure we are missing players, but i really dont think they are going to make that much of an impact to make the plays that much better.  we have some serious flaws.  why cant we tackle?  why are our plays so predictable?  why do we start so slow . . . . .still?  

Tackling with the new CBA rules limiting practice in full pads takes a few weeks to fine-tune for most squads so I wouldn't fret too much over that CD. You have to give our HC & OC credit for taking some vertical shots on 1st down with Luck that didn't pan it. I like the mojo in taking shots downfield though because it shows that our coaching staff was trying to set a faster tempo early & throwing to establish the run later on. 

Besides, I thought our defense ran toward the ball & ball carrier decent all game long. The thing I really like about Chud is that he tried to get Doyle involved early. Chud gets the value in TEs to get a rhythm going & take pressure off Luck & I like that. He took a page from Norv Turner who has perfected the use of TEs in an offense. 

5 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

So I thought I started reading a thread that was gonna have some optimism in it...

Then I soon forgot what thread I was in, So I had to double check, and sure enough some posters hijacked the positive thread, with the negative energy...

Awesome...

There are a few who hijack every thread just to show they are incapable of being anything but negative.

I am not wired that way and I think it would be a bummer to be in that frame of mind all the time.

I get being mildly discouraged over losing a game at Mile High that INDY had a legitimate shot at pulling out with a victory amongst some fans, but too many expect perfection every down, every quarter, every game, every year & they think replacing head coaches & general managers is like ordering food off a menu. Or they think Jimmy's just gonna tear a new deal after 1 season. That's not smart or fiscally sound. 

Look, I get being frustrated over losses, but both Pags & Grigs will be here for 3 more yrs because just like players you only eat the last yr of the deal if you wanna cut bait with personnel & go in a new direction. 

I think it's too early to just give up and throw in the towel on the season.  They have done this the last 2 years.  BUT, I don't think it's crazy for people to be tired of starting 0-2, seeing all the injuries mount, questionable decisions by Pags, and the same problems of not being able to run the ball and not being able to rush the passer continue to rear their ugly heads.  Too early to throw in the towel but every right to vent IMHO.  We ALL want the same thing for this team and that's them holding the Lombardi trophy someday soon.  We're fans, which is short for........well you know.

4 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

What a load of complete, contradictory nonsense.

6 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

And when was the last time Philly won a SB?...Oh yeah like NEVER

14 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Regular season:

41–23 (.641)

Postseason: 3–3 (.500)

Career:

The record says otherwise...

44–26 (.629)