Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis to miss the first month of the season

snkdy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah this could be a blessing in disguise, meaning it may keep him healthy for the stretch run playing less games assuming he does come back 100% and can play.

That's a very cup half full approach lol.  If I was the opposing OC I may never call a running play.  JIM BOB COOTER is licking his chops.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

JIM BOB COOTER is licking his chops.

Ok all I can picture is some uncle Jesse from dukes of hazard looking hillbilly literally licking and sucking pieces of greasy pork chop out of his beard. Thank you for that visual lol

All will be fine. If losing one guy for the first quarter of the season (other than a guy named Andrew Luck) is going to do us in, we aren't that good in the first instance. Next man up and let's win some football games. 

23 minutes ago, Lef said:

All will be fine. If losing one guy for the first quarter of the season (other than a guy named Andrew Luck) is going to do us in, we aren't that good in the first instance. Next man up and let's win some football games. 

The defense isn't that good to begin with. Even Pagano said VD is the key to the defense. 

I'm usually a glass half full type of guy but I'm not very optimistic about this years defense without Vontae, minus the DL/MLB's. It's essential in this league to have either/or a good pass rush or good corner play. Without at least one of the 2 we will get picked apart. Here's to hoping we can generate some pass rush out of our DL/Mathis or somebody steps up big in either of these areas. Go Colts!

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

tough blow...but we survive him being gone if he comes back healthy mid-season

I think if Vonte misses half the season the Colts do NOT make the playoffs.

Let's hope neither one of us has to find out and that Vonte is back long before the mid-way point of the season....

1 minute ago, NorthernColt said:

two to four weeks from now? Or two to four in regular season?

Two to four weeks from the injury. It makes sense now why he is in a full cast, the more you move a sprained ankle the worse it can get, they seem like they are trying to fast track the healing process by setting it in a full cast.