Colts Select Josh Robinson (Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How's his ball security? The most impressive thing I saw in that run was that he held onto the ball. I counted no less than 6 attempts to strip him in that one run.

1 fumble every 93 touches. Not terrible, but not great.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/08/cff-sig-stats-running-backs-part-1/

–  You don’t see Josh Robinson talked about often among draft prospects, but he is one of the better backs at making defenders miss at the second level with his excellent lateral agility. His 3.96 rush attempts per missed tackle forced is the second-best rate among Power 5 running backs with at least 100 carries in this draft class.

From what I have seen about this guy...I like this pick.  Looks like a nice addition to our stable of backs (Gore, Boom, Ballard and now Robinson). Luck is going to be down right deadly if the line can protect him.  Can't wait to see us run the football this year!

Anyone who saw my last couple of mocks knows I loved Robinson. He had the most impressive tape of any RB not named Todd Gurley.

He has to work on his pass protection though because he's very poor in that area. But that's something Gore can teach him.

I think he's going to be a great player though. He's got the power of Marshawn Lynch and balance of prime Ray Rice. I think he makes Ballard expendable.

Fully agree with the MJD reference.  Also on board with him learning from coaches and Gore on how to pass protect.  He can catch the ball from what i've seen in vids.  The thing what I am most psyched about is his yards after contact.  This will keep defenses honest about the box.  And if they don't..play action on this team will absolutely kill any defense in the NFL.  

I was wondering how everyone felt about us waiting until the 6th round to get a RB. I was at work for the entirety of day 3 and now I can see that we got one heck of a RB. 

I was a bit underwhelmed with a day one pick but, I could see great things coming from it... just not the great things I was expecting us to start with. All in all... I like our draft just fine! 

Considering  Robinson was our last pick that doesn't look like a practice squad player... we got what we needed and at a tremendous value.

My picture tube went out on my computer, but I've noticed we got some a few players I liked late either in the draft or UDFA. My favorite that I missed is Josh Robinson. Called the pick in the 6th and I love it here. We may of got our starting future RB.

This kids gonna be good. Our RB corps will look something like this. Gore, Boom, Robinson, and Ballard. I think Ballard will come back healthy and we'll carry 4. Also I just want to say I have a feeling we may have hit big on a lot of these players by the way. I think Robinson may end up as the number 2 back by the middle of the season. I was wanting Ajayi when he started falling but I really, really like Robinson.

He's one of my favorite running backs in the whole entire draft. Plays like MJD. Fantastic pick. 

He is who I thought of when I read his description.  I didn't know much about him previously, but hopefully he'll do well.  What do you think we'll do with Tipton?

He is who I thought of when I read his description.  I didn't know much about him previously, but hopefully he'll do well.  What do you think we'll do with Tipton?

I'm not too sure, but I think he'll be on the PS. Can't see him making the 53 with Gore, Boom, Ballard, and Josh. 

He may have redshirted the last year Vick was there. He didn't play until 12.

The worst rushing average he had in his three years at MSU was 5.9. Not a burner though, so he grinder out a lot of long runs.

I like the pick, he could be a really good backup. Boom and Ballard are going to have some stiff competition.

He may have redshirted the last year Vick was there. He didn't play until 12.

The worst rushing average he had in his three years at MSU was 5.9. Not a burner though, so he grinder out a lot of long runs.

I like the pick, he could be a really good backup. Boom and Ballard are going to have some stiff competition.

. Agreed - Boom is hardly irreplaceable and Ballard has been injury plagued. It will be interesting to watch it play out. Shoot, Zurlon deserves to be in the mix as well.

This kind of RB would historically run wild on the Colts. Glad to have him on this team. A running back that will not go down, that can make something out of nothing.  That does not need perfect blocking to be effective.  His story is amazing.  I am pulling for this player.

Would've liked if Jay Ajayi was still available. I liked him as a 5th or 6th.

Would've liked if Jay Ajayi was still available. I liked him as a 5th or 6th.

Really disappointed thjat we didn't get either Jay Ajayi or Jeremy Langdon with our first pick on Day 3.  Liked them both a ton better than Robinson.  Saw Robinson in a couple of games last year and was unimpressed.  Overall, I was pretty disappointed with Grigson's whole Draft.  It was advertised that drafting was his strong suit when he was hired.  Don't see it.

Really disappointed thjat we didn't get either Jay Ajayi or Jeremy Langdon with our first pick on Day 3.  Liked them both a ton better than Robinson.  Saw Robinson in a couple of games last year and was unimpressed.  Overall, I was pretty disappointed with Grigson's whole Draft.  It was advertised that drafting was his strong suit when he was hired.  Don't see it.

You mean you wanted us to draft Ajayi with his bone on bone knee condition?  Langford was gone before the Colts even picked. 

Saw on the draft thing that he was 2nd team all SEC. 

Not bad getting a 2nd team all SEC RB that late in the draft.

If he has vision I don't care if he isn't very athletic.  Just as long as he can see a hole and gain some yards.  Trent was extremely athletic, but couldn't ever find the hole.