Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is up with Skip Bayless?

James

Can't figure out who he dislikes more - Andrew Luck or Jim Irsay. Why does he keep saying these things? 

Anyway, it is obvious to almost everyone that the right decision was made back in 2012, yet Skips believes Manning would have given the Colts a better chance to win now, which outweighs the "long term succes"-mindset? Do you agree or disagree with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JypGi1uvSJs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is why even give Bayless any attention at all? His whole show is nothing but crap and has been from day one. He gets his ratings by being controversial and way too many help him along with those ratings. I say ignore him all together and just maybe his show would get canceled.

Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith are not as well-informed as they like to think.  Smith is insanely arrogant and thinks he can do whatever he wants because he's been a sports journalist for however many years.  I'm also pretty sure the editor tells Skip to say controversial things just to get ratings.  I can't take either of them seriously.  I don't listen to either of them and go out of my way to ignore them.

Guys, I have watched nearly all of stephen A and Skip's debates for the past 3 years and I have to say, Skip is not the * you all make him out to be. The one thing he does is when he has an opinion, he is EXTREMELY stubborn with it and will not let it go whether or not he is wrong or right. 

Didn't hear the comments, but to the point I'm glad they let Manning go and drafted Luck. I was for it then as well. I cannot see Manning playing more than 1 more season, Luck will be here, what, another 10+ years?

I loved Manning as much as anyone here. But now that he's gone I've really gotten tired of hearing about him honestly. I know a lot of ppl became Colts fans primarily because of Manning. But I was a fan before he got here and my allegiance is to the Colts, not Manning. I've been a Colts fan since 84 when they moved to Indy, a fan through thick and thin, and before Manning there was certainly a lot of thin.

The right thing for the long term success of this franchise was to part with Manning as they did.

Guys, I have watched nearly all of stephen A and Skip's debates for the past 3 years and I have to say, Skip is not the * you all make him out to be. The one thing he does is when he has an opinion, he is EXTREMELY stubborn with it and will not let it go whether or not he is wrong or right. 

Glutton for punishment.

He's a such a self-righteous *. When Manning was with the Colts all he did was call him a choker and sarcastically refer to him as the "best regular season QB of all-time." Now all the sudden he would've given the Colts the best chance to win a Super Bowl in the past 3 seasons? And on top of everything he's a total Dallas Cowboys homer. I'm ashamed to say I used to be entertained by First Take back when it was called Cold Pizza.

I listen to First Take every once in awhile when Luck has a good game, just to see what he will come up with.

I watched with regularity when Denver drafted Tebow, and Skip said he should be drafted a first rounder. No matter what Tebow did the second year, when they went to the playoffs, he was the best player in the league. No matter every game he won for them that year, the defense held them to 14 pts. or less and Tebow did nothing until the last 5 minutes, except the Minn. game to win. All he cared about was the winning with Tebow. Greatest leader ever. After he went to the Jets, I watched just to see him disagree even though he was so wrong.

Then the year Luck was drafted, don't forget that RGIII was the draft pick with the highest ceiling and the player he would have selected. He also loved Brandon Weeden in that draft class.

After that it was Johnny Manziel. He still believes he can be a franchise QB. Granted we have seen only a little from him, but I don't think he has the physical skill set for the NFL, plus he does not want to put the work in. That is obvious, and he even admitted he was not ready, once Hoyer was benched. Any QB backup or not to say I was not ready or prepared before the first game should be a red flag right away. You are always one play from going in.

Most of the board is right, I believe Skip takes alternative positions just for ratings, but once he assumes those positions, he defends them to the last breath, and I believe he starts to think he is right. If you just look at the names above, all of which he has loved, should tell you never to listen to his opinion on QB's. He thinks he is a talent evaluator. His favorite motto, there play just jumped out at me when watching them. Well that is easy in college, and a lousy indicator for NFL.

The fact he regularly puts down Luck, and Irsay for letting Peyton go should be a great comfort to everyone. This year has shown Peyton's arm getting very tired at the end of the season, and I agree, I think it will only be one more season for him. Luck is 25, and likely has two more contract extensions in him, or 12 more great years. He loves to play, is fantastic, and is a total team guy. It was the right decision to take Luck. Anyone who argues you should not have taken a player who had some of the highest draft grades ever, in lieu of hoping another player would be able to play for a few more years is not looking at reality. He is lucky he can look at it from the rear view mirrow, because I remember even Peyton did not know if he would ever play again. To me, it was an easy business decision, just a tough personal one.

“Bayless” is Defined Perfectly On Urban Dictionary

By Josh Baumgard @JoshBaumgard · On May 6, 2014

This morning, an NBA writer who used to work for ESPN proclaimed to his Twitter world how he voted Blake Griffin second in NBA MVP voting over LeBron James. He tried to argue how Blake was more “valuable” to the Clippers than LeBron was to the Heat — this is similar to arguing why the NFL Draft is more enticing than an NBA playoff game.

In a discussion on Twitter, our friend below dropped the word “Bayless-ing” in regards to the writer’s argument, referring to the ESPN troll who — like an actor — plays a certain role in ridiculous hot-take debates every morning on ESPN.

By all debates I mean all the debates that show up on my "my subsription" list on youtube.

Don't get me wrong, you can watch whatever you want to watch.  First Take would not be my choice, but by the responses threads about Skip Bayless get, apparently many people do choose to watch him.  I have seen a couple of episodes, but I did not  find them to be interesting.

Didn't hear the comments, but to the point I'm glad they let Manning go and drafted Luck. I was for it then as well. I cannot see Manning playing more than 1 more season, Luck will be here, what, another 10+ years?

I loved Manning as much as anyone here. But now that he's gone I've really gotten tired of hearing about him honestly. I know a lot of ppl became Colts fans primarily because of Manning. But I was a fan before he got here and my allegiance is to the Colts, not Manning. I've been a Colts fan since 84 when they moved to Indy, a fan through thick and thin, and before Manning there was certainly a lot of thin.

The right thing for the long term success of this franchise was to part with Manning as they did.

Did you read my mind?

Stop reading my mind :-)

I am pretty much over Peyton as well. The Colts made the correct choice and I was also for it. I don't really care if he never wins another SB.