Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck works/worked with hypnotist

Greenoughrunner

I second this, Andrew seems like a very practical guy and above all he's very intelligent (hello stanford...) also he's very confident anyway so I doubt he would use a hypnotist for anything....

So only dumb people use hypnotists?

So like at 1 am this morning I was at my girl friends after prom and they had a hypnotist. And the hypnotist said that he had worked with people such as our very own Andrew Luck :) i thought that was a kinda cool thing to share

Sorry...but I'm going to need more than a High school prom hypnotists word.  No offense to you.

So like at 1 am this morning I was at my girl friends after prom and they had a hypnotist. And the hypnotist said that he had worked with people such as our very own Andrew Luck :) i thought that was a kinda cool thing to share

Sure hope he had Mr. Luck's permission to say that.......

Until I understand the context of "had worked with" it is interesting, but doesn't mean anything.

It is nice, though, to have another offseason thing to talk about. It seems like a lifetime until they start OTA's and the draft.

Might just mean he visited Stanford doing a show once and they brought Luck up there on stage and he hyponotised him.  

There is a lot of misunderstanding of hyponsis though.  It's really more of a guided meditation then anything else.  

Sure hope he had Mr. Luck's permission to say that.......

Exactly right.

So much of this thread is just garbage.

1) Not sure of the client - hypnotist privileges but certainly would think that Luck would prefer that be kept internal - IF TRUE.

2) OP - not everything someone hears should be repeated. You putting this out on these boards is really bad form IMO - story could be wrong and even if true, not for you to publicize

3) Sorry - but a HS prom is not chock full of brainiacs. 

Exactly right.

So much of this thread is just garbage.

1) Not sure of the client - hypnotist privileges but certainly would think that Luck would prefer that be kept internal - IF TRUE.

2) OP - not everything someone hears should be repeated. You putting this out on these boards is really bad form IMO - story could be wrong and even if true, not for you to publicize

3) Sorry - but a HS prom is not chock full of brainiacs. 

Interesting point, I suppose it depends under what label the "treatment" falls. If it's for psychological treatment you would assume doctor/patient confidentiality would apply but if it was a stage show maybe not so much. 

Either way not the best thread, again welcome to off-season 200 replies discussing something that is pure hearsay.

Hey people, let's relax a little bit.  The OP met this hypnotist at a prom.  Meaning, this hypnotist probably travels and works at fairs or whatnot.  I'm willing to bet, if Andrew Luck met this guy, it was probably just a for "its and giggles," 1 dollar, let's see what happens ordeal.  No different than visiting a fortune teller at a theme park.

Hey people, let's relax a little bit.  The OP met this hypnotist at a prom.  Meaning, this hypnotist probably travels and works at fairs or whatnot.  I'm willing to bet, if Andrew Luck met this guy, it was probably just a for "its and giggles," 1 dollar, let's see what happens ordeal.  No different than visiting a fortune teller at a theme park.

My thought is that he visited Stanford a few years ago and did a show and convinced Luck to be a part of the show.  Luck being a well known name on campus, if you wanted people to attend your show that's a good way to do it.  

That's if he worked with Luck at all.  

My thought is that he visited Stanford a few years ago and did a show and convinced Luck to be a part of the show.  Luck being a well known name on campus, if you wanted people to attend your show that's a good way to do it.  

That's if he worked with Luck at all.  

Yeah, anything is possible and that would make a lot of sense.  One way or the other, I'm not the least bit concerned about Luck's connection with this guy.  Could be a family friend for all we know.

A hypnotist at a HS prom? Why? 

Can't say one way or the other about the claim, though I strongly doubt it.

You beat me to it by posting the same thoughts that I was going to share. :highfive:

I really don't care one way or the other about Luck and a hypnotist, but I do question why a high school would hire a hypnotist for an after prom.  :???:

You beat me to it by posting the same thoughts that I was going to share. :highfive:

I really don't care one way or the other about Luck and a hypnotist, but I do question why a high school would hire a hypnotist for an after prom.  :???:

I can't speak for this specific situation; however, the idea itself is not uncommon. Before I graduated, in 2006, we had a post prom senior event at the high school involving a hypnotist. It was at the high school, but organized by the parents. Just a healthy, substance free form of entertainment. I really enjoyed it, despite being immensely skeptical of the whole thing. To this day I can't figure out if these people I went to school with were "in on it," or just that predisposed to being influenced subconsciously. Either way, I found it very entertaining. As for Luck utilizing these services, I am not concerned. If he did, I am confident it was for entertainment not therapy. 

All the hate and negativity in here. Geez.....

It's a neat tidbit even though we don't know in what context he may have seen the hypnotist. Since the guy was doing a prom show it's more than likely it was part of some entertainment. 

But who knows. Some people do see hypnotists to stop addictive or compulsive behavior. Maybe Luck is trying to stop throwing picks in the playoffs. lol

Have you ever heard of client patient confidentiality?

You got two different confidentialities going there. Attorney/client and Doctor/patient. lol. 

But hypnotism isn't a medically recognized treatment. And no special medical degree is required. So there should be no Doctor/patient confidentiality. It's more like service provider/customer.