Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie out for year

MTC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were down by the part of the field where he was getting carted off. You could see on his face he knew he was done.

Sad to see.

When he went down my fiancé started tearing up because she thought it was his head again. Austin has had enough injuries to last him a lifetime. Wonder where he will go from here, but I would wager he comes back from this.

I kept think he would be an even better Stokley... Then I see Stokley come out of retirement and light it up. Then I think, wow what a high bar... but only if... only if Collie could stay healthy. Not to be. Stokley is the man, collie is cursed. :(

He's restricted free agent, i don't know if we do an injury settlement and waive him, or what will go from here.

I'm not understanding, is his knee injury the kind that ends careers or is everyone thinking about his concussion issue?

Its all the dots connected. Come March, his contract is expired....who is going to offer him a new contract? He'll probably just never get another chance to prove that he can play and stay healthy. Play would merit it, but circumstances are highly against it.

if this doesnt end his NFL Career it more then likely will end his Colts Career. Irsay does not like keeping guys who get hurt often on his team as no owner should. hopefully if he does play again he goes to a team that will use him and not just keep him on the sidelines. Best wishes to him and his family. just glad it wasnt another concussion.

While the chances are slim, the Colts can bring him off IR if he heals fast enough. NFL teams have the ability to take 1 person off IR. If rehabilitation went well he could technically come back this season. Just food for thought.

Now about his off season....

He can easily be resigned, but he very little to no leverage on his side when it comes to how much he will get paid. This pretty much applies to his chances of any team when you look at this injury history.

if this doesnt end his NFL Career it more then likely will end his Colts Career. Irsay does not like keeping guys who get hurt often on his team as no owner should. hopefully if he does play again he goes to a team that will use him and not just keep him on the sidelines. Best wishes to him and his family. just glad it wasnt another concussion.

Bob Sanders says logic is invalid....

I don't know if this is the end for Collie or not.....

But, I'm sure many here remember a story written by SI's Peter King about 3-4 years ago... the cover story was all about the brilliance of Peyton Manning...

Except, that the story struck me it was about the unusually talented rookie WR that few had heard of, Austin Collie. I thought well more than half the story was about Collie rather than Peyton. Made it seem like the Colt's had really found something special.

So sorry that it never fully panned out that way....

Hope he's back.... but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't return....