BlueCollarColts

Rogers future  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How good will Rogers be?

• Out of the league soon
    • Decent back-up
    • Average starter
    • #1 receiver

Just a little prediction thread, so Da'Rick Rogers, after his 1st start (Not sure if he really started, but he was our 2nd receiver, since we only started out with 1 in the game) finished with 6 rec 107 yards and 2 TD's. We knew he had talent, the measurables (6'3 220, 4.5 speed, 40 inch vertical) so my question to everybody, how good do you predict Rogers will be, not how good CAN he be, but how good WILL he be?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little prediction thread, so Da'Rick Rogers, after his 1st start (Not sure if he really started, but he was our 2nd receiver, since we only started out with 1 in the game) finished with 6 rec 107 yards and 2 TD's. We knew he had talent, the measurables (6'3 220, 4.5 speed, 40 inch vertical) so my question to everybody, how good do you predict Rogers will be, not how good CAN he be, but how good WILL he be?

He has potential but you can't start making him a number one receiver after one decent game against a prevent defense. Let's see what he can do in a close game when they are playing tight. If he does well there, you can start getting excited. There are also his off field problems that may or may not crop up in the future. :D

He has potential but you can't start making him a number one receiver after one decent game against a prevent defense. Let's see what he can do in a close game when they are playing tight. If he does well there, you can start getting excited. There are also his off field problems that may or may not crop up in the future. :D

He didn't have many yards against a prevent defense.

I know you don't watch the games tho so...

I'm gonna say average receiver for now, but man does he look good. He definitely has the potential to be our #1. Even the commentators said he looked like reggie wayne on that long TD. He uses his size very well, has the speed, hands are great ( although I can't judge hand quality anymore. After seeing DHB, any receiver that catches a ball with his hands has great hands).

You can just tell Da'Rick is very confident in himself, gotta love that... atleast i dont cringe everytime the ball gets thrown to him like i do when it goes to DHB. Thats a plus right there

yeah, if the coaching staff is competent at all, they will hopefully start this guy next week as the #2 behind hilton. After that, he might even go to #1 for the rest of the season.

He deserves to start given our situation and if this coaching staff has any brains at all they'll play as much as possible the next three games to get him as ready as possible for the playoffs. Wasn't Victor Cruz a back bencher until he suddenly wasn't? And what about Jeremy Lin.....we could have a case of Da'rangement syndrome on our hands

Well lets take a look at his abilities.

1. He's big 

2. He's physical

3. He can get open

4. He's fast

5. He can catch (Can always improve)

6. He's a rookie

IN OTHER WORDS GIVE HIM MORE REPS!

THE COLTS NEVER HAD A BIG PHYSICAL RECEIVER maybe except garçon.  Give Luck some weapons.

Guest TeamLoloJones

DHB's best career game in almost 5 complete seasons- 8 receptions 155 yards 1 TD.  Never had a 2 TD game in his career.  Career long reception of 69 yards.

Rogers' best career game after playing in 2 games- 6 receptions 107 yards 2 TDs.  Career long reception of 69 yards.  

I know I'm beating a dead horse...but that philly deserved it.

I put "average starter" because I didn't agree with the others. "#1 receiver" is sort of relative; he definitely has that sort of talent and potential. However, I can almost see him and TY as a Dez Bryant/ Miles Austin sort of pair. Both are great weapons and very capable.

I love the speed that we have at WR. Reggie has always been a finesse route runner, concentrating on misdirection and technique over speed. TY can bring both to the table, and Da'Rick has the build to be a monster out there.

And let's not sleep on LaVon.

we need to get fleener, brazill, rogers, hilton and the rest of our offense to get pumped and work hard for the final games...............brazill and rogers impressed me today.............they have talent.............kinda went off topic there but i see rogers as number 1 receiver hes a play maker and luck will feel more comfortable now with him and brazill

Honestly, I love our receiving core with Reggie. Rogers and Reggie on the outside, with T.Y. in the slot, and then Brazill as your 4th wideout, not to mention Fleener and a healthy Allen at tight end. Then Brazill can take over once Reggie retires with Rogers or T.Y. taking over the #1 receiver role

randy moss, good

I compare him to Josh Gordon. Both are right around 6-3, 220 pounds, with speed as well. Both need some improvement on route running, but both have big play potential.

If Rogers can keep his head on straight, work hard and study game film, he has the potential to be our #1 WR.

We still need to add another WR in the 2014 draft. I am hoping we go get Jarvis Landry. Having Landry, Rogers, Hilton in the slot, and Brazill as our #4 WR would be solid. Not to mention we will still have Reggie next year.