• Decent back-up
    • Average starter
    • #1 receiver

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think the Bills were fools to let Darick go. Of course I'm not complaining at all because I believe we got

an absolute 1st to 2nd round talent for peanuts.  I think we have found our replacement for Reggie Wayne.

as long as the attitude and work ethic remain good. I really believe this boy has it all!

I think he's got that much potential.  I didn't even like Reggie Wayne that much in his rookie year.

I somewhat questioned the pick and then I saw the light around Reggies second year. I see the light

right now with Darick.  Keep ya head on straight young man because you are a baller.

The Bills were not willing to put in the time and effort to mold Da'Rick into a team player.  We took the time...and guess what, we might have the next stud WR in the NFL.  I've seen enough of Da'Rick in college and now the pros to say if he keeps his head on straight, he's going to be borderline unstoppable playing with Luck, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, and TRich over the next few years.

Rogers broke into the game in three-wide sets with T.Y. Hilton and LaVon Brazill, replacing the drop-happy Darrius Heyward-Bey.

After his impressive performance against a top-10 pass defense, the coaching staff will surely look to use Rogers consistently the rest of the season. true  if he can keep his head on football .

With a full training camp Rogers definitely has all the physical abilities to be the #1 WR. If we decide next year to ditch the power run and go heavy pass i think he can be a top 5-10 WR in the league.

haha, ditch the power run.  That's like saying next year I'm going to ditch being tall dark and handsome, and so far I haven't achieved even the first two.

I guess we could ditch the muscular dude running into a wall of blue that is located ever so slightly behind the yard of scrimmage.

Bills scout Tom Roth said, via the team’s official website. “He reminds me physically of Eric Moulds, that body type. That’s what I thought when I saw him. A big, physical, muscular guy. Explosive. He had a 39-inch vertical. He ran a 4.48 at the Combine. He’s got all the physical stuff.”

As a sophomore in 2011, Rogers was All-SEC, catching 67 passes for 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns. But for whatever reason, the off-field concerns were significant enough to cause him to slide beyond the draft, in a way that didn’t impact Tyrann Mathieu’s status, despite a similar storyline.

If the problems are behind him, they might have found a steal. If not, he’ll be discarded with most of the rest of the slappies who are signed after the draft, wasting a promising talent.

also, solely based on today, rogers looks and plays like josh gordon. tall, lanky, and very physical. I really thought TY hilton was gonna be the best receiver out of last years draft class. Josh gordon has hit the elite level now. Imagine what he could do with good QB's.

Guest TeamLoloJones

also, solely based on today, rogers looks and plays like josh gordon. tall, lanky, and very physical. I really thought TY hilton was gonna be the best receiver out of last years draft class. Josh gordon has hit the elite level now. Imagine what he could do with good QB's.

Or with another WR threat on the team.

Just think if we got Gordon with TRich

I would like more data to confirm, but as a proof of concept based on very limited data, it can be argued Gordon and Rogers are the same guy, but Rogers doesnt have the suspension risk. If youve already got a guy on your roster, why trade to get him again?

40 recievers in NFL history have breached 10,000 career yards. Jerry Rice is the only one to go over 20,000.

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXleadersXXrec_yds_career.htm

jerry rice play 16 years  say that

Terrell Owens witch has over 16k  easy beat that he still playing took t.o 8 years  same as randy moss did his almost 16 k in same time as t.o  only 4 player have breached 15k jerry rice , Terrell Owens , isaac bruce and randy moss.

How is being a solid #2 a bad thing? When I think of solid #1s I think of guys like Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson and Torrey Smith. 

I don't think Rogers can be like those guys, but I do think he has a future in the league and he could be a future 1000 yard receiver.

I'm not being negative at all.

Torrey Smith was actually the first guy who popped into my head when i started thinking of #1 guys i think Da'Rick could be as good as if not better than if he reaches his potential. You really dont think Rogers could be as good as him?

Could you give me an example of a specific #2 guy who you think his ceiling would be? I cant really think of any that have his physical tools. Im not gonna go off and proclaim him a perennial pro bowler like some of the others but i really like what ive seen out of him so far.

I would like more data to confirm, but as a proof of concept based on very limited data, it can be argued Gordon and Rogers are the same guy, but Rogers doesnt have the suspension risk. If youve already got a guy on your roster, why trade to get him again?

Well we wernt playing Rogers at the time I agree Rogers is very very similar but if we had got him with TRich like some said we would have one fantastic WR core wat would Ds do if they had to worry about two players like that

My dad said today watching Rogers was like flashes of seeing a Young Reggie Wayne out there. I dont know if I can praise him that much but He is a weapon for us. You Pair Rogers, Hilton, and Brazil..I think we might have a special WR tandem for the future..Keep Allen and fleener also...

he looks better than a young reggie wayne. Wayne had 27 rec for 345 yards and 0 tds his rookie year in 9 games started. Rogers already has more tds than wayne his rookie year with two. Also I don't think reggie had 100 yard game his rookie year. One thing I noticed is defenders also have trouble bring rogers down.Even on short catch he had in second half he dragged the defenders for a couple extra yards.

work ethic.......watch his effort when the ball is not going his way.....if he can do that in a game, gotta believe his film study and practice effort lacks...its his choice to change that, and maybe someone will re-re-remind him of that, phenomenal talent will only take you so far in this league. (average starter was my vote)

Choices are way too limited in that poll so I wont bother to vote...

Rogers will be VERY GOOD receiver IMO - appears to have very good hands, ran some nice routes, and had the speed to get away from the dbacks.  I like what I have seen!   He is 22 ... I see  him being the Reggie of the future with Hilton being Harrison ...  Both outstanding receivers.

Looking back at one scouting report on him >

Explosive
Toughness; unafraid of hard hits
Routinely comes down with difficult catches
Great combination of size and speed
Excellent run after the catch ability
Plays with an attitude
Good route-runner
Scheme versatility
Extremely athletic
Very good body control
Makes highlight-reel catches
Quickness to get separation
Physical with cornerbacks
Scheme versatility

Choices are way too limited in that poll so I wont bother to vote...

Rogers will be VERY GOOD receiver IMO - appears to have very good hands, ran some nice routes, and had the speed to get away from the dbacks.  I like what I have seen!   He is 22 ... I see  him being the Reggie of the future with Hilton being Harrison ...  Both outstanding receivers.

Looking back at one scouting report on him >

Explosive

Toughness; unafraid of hard hits

Routinely comes down with difficult catches

Great combination of size and speed

Excellent run after the catch ability

Plays with an attitude

Good route-runner

Scheme versatility

Extremely athletic

Very good body control

Makes highlight-reel catches

Quickness to get separation

Physical with cornerbacks

Scheme versatility

So basically he is everything that we wanted DHB to be for us. Also when you were saying what you thought of him you forgot that he looked strong.  So very good hands, ran some nice routes, and had the speed to get away from the dbacks and he seemed to have some strength.

Bills scout Tom Roth said, via the team’s official website. “He reminds me physically of Eric Moulds, that body type. That’s what I thought when I saw him. A big, physical, muscular guy. Explosive. He had a 39-inch vertical. He ran a 4.48 at the Combine. He’s got all the physical stuff.”

As a sophomore in 2011, Rogers was All-SEC, catching 67 passes for 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns. But for whatever reason, the off-field concerns were significant enough to cause him to slide beyond the draft, in a way that didn’t impact Tyrann Mathieu’s status, despite a similar storyline.

If the problems are behind him, they might have found a steal. If not, he’ll be discarded with most of the rest of the slappies who are signed after the draft, wasting a promising talent.

another find for grigs, that did not cost us a draft pick

I know some one posted this before but are we now starting to see what could be the stand alone positive from Reggie's injury and that is lucks likelyhood to spread the ball around getting more confidence in other recivers. Which could benefit us in the future. Now as we all can agree the refs were terrible but our D was worse they got manhandled while on the other hand the O showed signs of resurgence. I believe if we get Toler back and we can revert back to the first six games d we could make a run. Live on hope colts fans. I'm still chuck strong. Dynasty's are build short term patience is key and we already have our divsion back yr two after gutting the team. Good times ahead.

Well, to be honest, the one thing makes me most excited is looking forward to next season when Reggie is hopefully back in full force.

Think about how productive Rogers and T.Y could be, if the defence has to spend a double team on Reggie. Release the power! :rock:

And then add Allen and Fleneer. And maybe, just maybe, a half-decent set of RBs. :thmup:

Grigson should go all-in on patching that O-Line, the rest be damned, I say!