BlueCollarColts

Rogers future  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How good will Rogers be?

• Out of the league soon
    • Decent back-up
    • Average starter
    • #1 receiver

He destroyed lower level competition but didn't do that well against higher level competition. Teams like LSU, Florida, Alabama and South Carolina all held him in check and he did not perform well against them.

I did watch him at Tenn Tech and he performed extremely well there. 

I watched Da'Rick Rogers. 

I don't know why people think I'm crapping on him. I liked him coming out of college and I for one thought his off the field issues were a bit overblown. I just don't think he can be that top 10 #1 guy in the league. Is that so crazy to say?

All I'm trying to say is that if he reaches his max potential, that he has every bit as much skill as a Dez Bryant or Josh Gordan. I don't think he'll ever be Megatron, but his skills well surpass solid #2 receiver. Question is, does he have the will and the heart to be the best he can be. That is the question IMO. I do not question his skills at all.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm trying to say is that if he reaches his max potential, that he has every bit as much skill as a Dez Bryant or Josh Gordan. I don't think he'll every be Megatron, but his skills well surpass solid #2 receiver. Question is, does he have the will and the heart to be the best he can be. That is the question IMO. I do not question his skills at all.

Fair enough. I want to clarify that I like the guy and I hope the best for him. I would rather see him become a great #1 and see my evaluation be proven wrong, than for him to become a solid/top notch #2 and see my evaluation be correct. 

All I'm trying to say is that if he reaches his max potential, that he has every bit as much skill as a Dez Bryant or Josh Gordan. I don't think he'll ever be Megatron, but his skills well surpass solid #2 receiver. Question is, does he have the will and the heart to be the best he can be. That is the question IMO. I do not question his skills at all.

this is exactly what I was trying to say

He destroyed lower level competition but didn't do that well against higher level competition. Teams like LSU, Florida, Alabama and South Carolina all held him in check and he did not perform well against them.

I did watch him at Tenn Tech and he performed extremely well there too. 

I don't know why people think I'm crapping on him. I liked him coming out of college and I for one thought his off the field issues were a bit overblown. I just don't think he can be that top 10 #1 guy in the league. Is that so crazy to say?

I would be very surprised if he ended up to be a top 10 WR also , but I think you're being a bit tough pointing out the "bad games " vs those tougher AC teams. He had a good game vs Florida (5-62 1 TD)and in a couple of those other games , Tenn hardly threw the ball. I'm hoping he's a top #2 or low end #1. 

I would be very surprised if he ended up to be a top 10 WR also , but I think you're being a bit tough pointing out the "bad games " vs those tougher AC teams. He had a good game vs Florida (5-62 1 TD)and in a couple of those other games , Tenn hardly threw the ball. I'm hoping he's a top #2 or low end #1

That's what I'm saying his max potential is. He can reach that, he's very talented and his mind seems to be in the right place.

6 catches 107 yards 2 TD's I believe were his stats not bad at all for his second game and first game getting real playing time . I think he has all the tools to develop into a star only time will tell . I'm very excited about him because we need a guy to step up and really believe he is that guy that can help us turn our offences funk around .

That's what I'm saying his max potential is. He can reach that, he's very talented and his mind seems to be in the right place.

Chris Carter , Jimmy Smith , Victor Cruz , Wes Welker and Rd Smith come to mind. Maybe we got lucky ....

I did watch him at Tenn Tech and he performed extremely well there too. 

Yes

I'm gonna say average receiver for now, but man does he look good. He definitely has the potential to be our #1. Even the commentators said he looked like reggie wayne on that long TD. He uses his size very well, has the speed, hands are great ( although I can't judge hand quality anymore. After seeing DHB, any receiver that catches a ball with his hands has great hands).

After seeing DHB, any receiver that catches a ball with his hands has great hands)....LOL!

You think his max potential is a solid #2? Are we talking about the same Da'Rick Rogers here?

I wonder the same thing haha the dude was a 1st or 2nd round talent that fell cause of his off the field issues IMO he's prolly the best of the 3 TEN WRs and some ppl on here love Patterson in MIN

And Hunter at TEN but doubt Rogers

Johnny Bui, on 08 Dec 2013 - 8:15 PM, said:snapback.png

Well lets take a look at his abilities.

1. He's big 

2. He's physical

3. He can get open

4. He's fast

5. He can catch (Can always improve)

6. He's a rookie

IN OTHER WORDS GIVE HIM MORE REPS!

THE COLTS NEVER HAD A BIG PHYSICAL RECEIVER maybe except garçon.  Give Luck some weapons.

said befdore the game have over 100,s and 2 td,s .  he be number 2 wr.

I'm pretty sure they don't live together. Also,wasnt Brazill suspended for off field issues?

Different kinds of issues. Brazill liked the mary jane. Rogers is known as a diva style headcase who can let a bad performance snowball. Apples to oranges.

Different kinds of issues. Brazill liked the mary jane. Rogers is known as a diva style headcase who can let a bad performance snowball. Apples to oranges.

Rogers failed multiple drug tests in college. The very reason he didn't finish his career at Tennessee

His scouting report from the combine says he doesn't have the extra gear speed wise. I wouldn't classify him as a 1 or 2, but as a tough YAC guy and as a red zone guy. We need that in a big way.

reggie wayne doesn't have an extra gear either. And he's the definition of #1 receiver.

reggie wayne doesn't have an extra gear either. And he's the definition of #1 receiver.

This. Speed is overated in wideouts as long as they have enough of it and other means of getting open. Rogers is a big, strong guy who can get a jump ball and break a tackle now and then. You dont necessarily need a second gear when you can do that.

Not meaning to disrail............

He will be good until he achieves less than one of the true fans around here expects on any given day....

then he will be garbage.[/quote

Your quite accurate in saying this. The first game where he has a more drops than he does catches there are gonna be a number saying get rid of him, he's junk, he can't catch and blah...blah...blah! Fans around here flip in millisecond from saying something positive when someone is playing well to instantly saying someone is garbage and the worst player ever when they have a bad game or whatever.Some people just don't get that we are all humans and were not EVER gonna be perfect. We MAKE mistakes. Mistakes and bad nights are gonna happen. Its part of the growing and maturing process.

This. Speed is overated in wideouts as long as they have enough of it and other means of getting open. Rogers is a big, strong guy who can get a jump ball and break a tackle now and then. You dont necessarily need a second gear when you can do that.

so true look a Wayne. no second gear not alot speed but is a clutch player and a game changer. rogers also only rookie and 22 years old Reggie Wayne  mentors him on route,s he just get better .

Are we not allowed to get excited over a young receiver who has all the potential in the world to turn into a great player?

Not negative enuff. Talk about how we suck moar. Rodgers being hope 4 reseevers mean noffing. Luck r bust!

(Am I doing it right?)

My dad said today watching Rogers was like flashes of seeing a Young Reggie Wayne out there. I dont know if I can praise him that much but He is a weapon for us. You Pair Rogers, Hilton, and Brazil..I think we might have a special WR tandem for the future..Keep Allen and fleener also...

I think the Bills were fools to let Darick go. Of course I'm not complaining at all because I believe we got

an absolute 1st to 2nd round talent for peanuts.  I think we have found our replacement for Reggie Wayne.

as long as the attitude and work ethic remain good. I really believe this boy has it all!

I think he's got that much potential.  I didn't even like Reggie Wayne that much in his rookie year.

I somewhat questioned the pick and then I saw the light around Reggies second year. I see the light

right now with Darick.  Keep ya head on straight young man because you are a baller.