Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is G. Doyel's problem?

Jackie Daytona

I get that he doesn't like the hire if it is indeed McDaniel's...... but listening to JMV right now, Doyel sounds like a whiny kid on the playground..... with his "I'm gonna be here for 25 years, how long is he gonna be here"?   Really? Way to maintain professional integrity Gregg.....  What the heck did McDaniels do, kill Doyel's dog?  I mean, he is on right now moaning and groaning that McD being a nice guy is more important to him than his coaching acumen.... WTH?  This agenda of Doyel's is getting ridiculous.... Let it go, good lord.  I think everyone knows it isn't liked by Doyel, you wrote an article about it, move on like an adult... 

Lol, now he's dragging out the deflating footballs thing, and he is * off simply that they are hiring a Patriot's employee..... there it is, Doyel is one of those clowns who still believes we have a RIVALRY with the Pats.....  we haven't been good enough to be included as a Rival in several years....

Just now, indyagent17 said:

Doyle says stuff to tick people off all the time, that makes him feel relevant 

He sure sounds genuinely, personally upset.....  last week he was sounding seriously wounded on Dakich's show over the same subject....   It just comes across as i he is no more than a no-name caller to the shows...

There might be some integrity issues with Mcdaniels etc coming from NE and then his past issues with Denver....but I trust Chris Ballard that he wouldn't let any of the crap fly! I don't think we have to worry about Josh bringing the shadier parts of the Pats program with him....that is why he isn't getting free reign. There are plenty of good things that NE does (preparation/game planning/do your job) that we can improve from having him....minus the scandals. And I have faith Ballard has full control over the organization....else he will be out way faster then Grigs if he brings disgrace to the Shoe.

Doyel doesn't write like that as an act as or a chosen style.  You can't be that consistent without actually being a bitter guy with an attitude.  I didn't listen to the radio to hear how he actually talks, but he writes like a whiny near-pubescent teenager, so OPs description seems accurate.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Doyel doesn't write like that as an act as or a chosen style.  You can't be that consistent without actually being a bitter guy with an attitude.  I didn't listen to the radio to hear how he actually talks, but he writes like a whiny near-pubescent teenager, so OPs description seems accurate.

That's what shocks me that the guy is employed, he comes off as a jilted lover in every interview, it's so bad JMV laughed at him early in the interview, then composed himself and said, "no seriously"  or something to that effect..... lol

22 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

just the fact that he is bothering you so much with his program means he is doing his job well

Exactly.  He needs to blather about sports and there really isn't much else to talk about if he said "Wow, what a great choice!"

The Colts have made him look a fool. A long haul fool. He's fueled the Toub rumors from the moment Ballard arrived. He proclaimed Toub as the next coach before any interviews had been announced. 

For those keeping score at home, Toub wasn't even interviewed. 

Which makes the scoreboard read:

Colts: 1

Doyel: 0

That score has gone final, and he looks a fool. 

But that that doesn't mean it ends there. He's going to make a mountain out of every mole hill he can. He wants to see the Colts fail more than he wants to see them succeed, only for his own delicate sensibilities. 

Get used to it, it's only getting started. 

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Are we gonna do this thread every week?

Gregg Doyel is a troll.

:troll:

My bad, it was a new interview, being conducted while I started the thread, and there were a few new (to me at least) quotes that went beyond anything he had said in the past, as far as verbatim complaints go, so I figured some would be interested since there's nothing really developing for the next two weeks.  I'll go back to laying low until closer to FA/draft time ; )

24 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

My bad, it was a new interview, being conducted while I started the thread, and there were a few new (to me at least) quotes that went beyond anything he had said in the past, as far as verbatim complaints go, so I figured some would be interested since there's nothing really developing for the next two weeks.  I'll go back to laying low until closer to FA/draft time ; )

I don't mean to be a Grumpy Gus. Sorry. 

It's just that I'd rather ignore people like Doyel and hope that they go away. 

Doyle is doing the same thing so many other sports faces do, he's taking the easy way.  If McDaniels comes in and the Colts don't do well, he will claim he is correct and say, "See, i told you, I told everyone last year before he was officially hired that he's not a good coach."

If the Colts do a lot better in 2018 he will claim he's correct and the Colts improvement will be despite McDaniels, it will be because of Luck.

If the Colts do well for a few years but don't win the SB he will claim he was correct because he was brought in to win Superbowls not just do well in regular season.

If the Colts win the superbowl he will claim he was correct because the Colts will have had the easiest path to the Sb of any team in the history of the NFL.

It's much easier to do something like that than to actually think about something

It's just what he does, he bases his articles and opinions on his unwarranted perception of people. He hates Josh McDaniels before he's even coached a game here, he proclaimed Archie Miller a slam dunk fantastic coach before he even coached a game at IU. His writing is just way too subjective, I don't get why the paper puts up with it.

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Lol, now he's dragging out the deflating footballs thing, and he is * off simply that they are hiring a Patriot's employee..... there it is, Doyel is one of those clowns who still believes we have a RIVALRY with the Pats.....  we haven't been good enough to be included as a Rival in several years....

I don't remember him complaining when Vinny kicked 5 FG to beat the ravens in the playoffs in 06. That he's a Patriots player. And don't forget that was his first year here as a colt. 

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

It's just what he does, he bases his articles and opinions on his unwarranted perception of people. He hates Josh McDaniels before he's even coached a game here, he proclaimed Archie Miller a slam dunk fantastic coach before he even coached a game at IU. His writing is just way too subjective, I don't get why the paper puts up with it.

win lose or draw, i think mcdaniels is going to be given 5 years.  i hope it's a productive 5 years.

Here's an honest question because it seems that the reporters following the Colts are perhaps the most inept and terrible in all the nation. Is there any good Colts reporters or followers? I mostly get the Nashville market down here and sometimes when the sky is clear some in the Dallas market but it's almost impossible to find good reporting on the Colts. What do people agree is a good few to follow?

"Anything’s possible, but here’s what I’ll do as the Colts approach this major hire: I’ll give you Darrell Bevell. You can have Bevell, you can have the hoax that is Josh McDaniels, you can have the whole damn field.

My money’s on Dave Toub.

And I only bet on sure things." - Gregg Doyel

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/01/01/doyel-chris-ballards-choice-colts-next-coach-obvious/993898001/

I haven't really read much of Mr. Doyel's work, but from what I have read, he seems to be a know-it-all and a blowhard. I just wonder how much money he put on his "sure thing". 

hes still mad about deflategate

i wish everybody on all sides would move on already.  i do think it was wrong, and that they also received a pretty fair punishment too.  

i cant be bothered by something like this forever, we have had some scandals too.  the ear piece thing was just as bad tbh