Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Grigson?

NDcolt

3 yrs & running the Colts have the worst Oline. YOU are a former olineman what is your malfunction? Safety position. We all knew this would be a problem but you did NOTHING! We lose Mathis for the yr & again fans knew this would be a huge problem but AGAIN you are nowhere to be found! Here we are 0-2 & your 3 biggest failures are staring you in the face WHERE are you? Will the real Ryan Grigson please stand up before our season is toast?

Eagles only had 8 pressures(4 hits and 4 hurries, no sacks per PFF). That's a pretty good day for the OL with Luck dropping back 35+ times. And the run blocking was good

I thought Mewhort and Castanzo did A work seemed to get 5 to 10 yds every time they ran to the left and most the pressure came from center and RG .

The line has been better than expected especially with a back up center.  Two games is a very small sample though so they should still be watched closely.  Also they aren't perfect but a line with a rookie, a back up center, and a second year player in the middle isn't going to be.  They are young the theory here is they should grow together and be together for a long time.  That means though there will probably be some growing pains in the beginning.  Still I am happy with how they have played for the most part through two games. 

I'm going off Lucks short throws which seem off & the receiver really is not open. Where are the shots down field? It seems when we are in critical situations Luck only has time for hot routes or shorter patterns? Maybe it's play calling I don't know but it's seeable for sure!

3 yrs & running the Colts have the worst Oline. YOU are a former olineman what is your malfunction? Safety position. We all knew this would be a problem but you did NOTHING! We lose Mathis for the yr & again fans knew this would be a huge problem but AGAIN you are nowhere to be found! Here we are 0-2 & your 3 biggest failures are staring you in the face WHERE are you? Will the real Ryan Grigson please stand up before our season is toast?

I think the line looks much improved and I can't wait for Holmes to return. Also, its easy to say certain positions are issues but its much harder to fix these issues. Quality safeties are actually really hard to find. As far as the pass rush is concerned I don't think that's entirely fair. He drafted Werner in the first but unfortunately he looks better suited to play the Sam position. Its very hard to replace Mathis as there aren't many of those players in the league. I think he was expecting to get Mathis back after his suspension and it wouldn't be a problem, however, he ruptured his Achilles but that's not on Grigson. 

The O Line is getting ready to come together whether it be Shipley or Harrison or Holmes at C we just need one of them to stay in there for a minute. I am hoping Holmes comes back and can stay healthy I know that is like asking for something from Santa Clause but hey.

If not than slowly work Harrison into the spot let Shipley be the band aid or Shipley be the C. The line has been pretty good, We jsut need stability at the C position.

What hasn't been good is play calling. You can't ask Mewhort to make that pull block bc it is Pep's favorite play he can't make the block. I noticed Monday we where running it the other way and Thorton can make the pull. Strange it would take an entire preseason and a full game to figure that out but at least we only had to watch Trent get blown up in the back field twice on Mewhort pulls vs the Eagles.

Pep is just not an NFL OC is our biggest problem.

Wow......

This is pretty embarrassing stuff....    hope you feel better now....

He has addressed it. You can't help injuries, I feel if Thomas was playing along with Holmes, the OL would look much better. I don't think they have looked that bad at all through the first two, I see an upgrade from last year.

He has addressed it over the last two years with both the draft and FA. I don't think he suspected Holmes and Thomas to always be injured, that is something one cannot predict.

Thomas especially would've been an integral part to this OL if he didn't suffer from two freak season ending injuries in a row. Khaled looks much more fit than he did and I cannot wait to see him back in the mix, but then again he's injured. AQ is an adequate center for now.

Grigson has been making moves. He has brought in players but injury has took a couple. Mathis was lost last week for the year so I guess you think that Grigson can snap his finger and come up with a player like Mathis? Quit being a drama queen. The season is not lost.

Wanna go get some ice cream champ?

I'm going off Lucks short throws which seem off & the receiver really is not open. Where are the shots down field? It seems when we are in critical situations Luck only has time for hot routes or shorter patterns? Maybe it's play calling I don't know but it's seeable for sure!

Eagles put up extra man to coverage, pass routes were flooded, so our WR couldn't get open. Our heavy running formation didn't help wideouts neither. With no opened targets there was not much chance for deep plays.  That allowed also a good day for RBs. That was the case. This gameplan worked for a half or 3 quarters but misfired in Q4. 

I wanted to see more passing play-calls, but coaching staff  stubbornly stick to running game. On one hand it worked, on the other hand we haven1t utilized Luck's talent. With better play-calling and no TOs  in Q4 we could have pulled out a win.

I personally think Grigson has locked himself in the office and is working 24/7 to get this team better.  He as well as the coaching staff did not want to go 0-2,  Neither did the fans.  I just hope the Colts handle it better than all of the kids on here that play Madden and do not understand football.

O-Line had a great game on Monday. Probably the best that I've seen in a couple years. Are you still upset about that loss because it had nothing to do with the O-Line or our pass rush.

Eagles put up extra man to coverage, pass routes were flooded, so our WR couldn't get open. Our heavy running formation didn't help wideouts neither. With no opened targets there was not much chance for deep plays.  That allowed also a good day for RBs. That was the case. This gameplan worked for a half or 3 quarters but misfired in Q4. 

I wanted to see more passing play-calls, but coaching staff  stubbornly stick to running game. On one hand it worked, on the other hand we haven1t utilized Luck's talent. With better play-calling and no TOs  in Q4 we could have pulled out a win.

Additionally, Philly's tempo necessitated the desire for longer, sustained drives, to keep the D from getting gassed.

In the end, we gave them the opportunity to take advantage of their tempo, they took it, and it worked.

He's doing the best he can, cut the guy some Slack. he's trying to remain Cap friendly remember Fleener, Allen, Hilton and Most Importantly Luck will require new Contracts soon.

China_Bathroom_door_safety_signs20109171

O-Line had a great game on Monday. Probably the best that I've seen in a couple years. Are you still upset about that loss because it had nothing to do with the O-Line or our pass rush.

The Colts loss the game in the 4th Q with Luck's INT and the bad play calling on the last drive.  However the lack of pass rush played a role in allowing Foles to find his TE down the field at crucial times.  But Foles destroyed the defense by throwing to his RBs.

cool-story-bro-source.jpg

grigs must be satisfied with our pass rush, o-line and safteys or he would have cut a deal. have faith in grigs. we have no choice but to be, we cant change things.

don't let all of these posters tell you this is a bad post. you have the right to ask this if this is how you feel. tell it like it is.

The OP's post aside, I do think Grigson's ability as a gm can be questioned.

The Satele signing

The Landry signing

The RJF signing

The TRich trade

The drafting of Werner

Having no proven pass rusher other than the 33 yr old Mathis

Depending on the injury prone Thomas

I'm not calling for his head, but some criticism is more than fair.

The OP's post aside, I do think Grigson's ability as a gm can be questioned.

The Satele signing

The Landry signing

The RJF signing

The TRich trade

The drafting of Werner

Having no proven pass rusher other than the 33 yr old Mathis

Depending on the injury prone Thomas

I'm not calling for his head, but some criticism is more than fair.

Agreed. I personally feel we have merit to question him. I think it's silly to claim he has to go, but he's certainly racked up a few whiffs.