Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dose any one else have that feeling

I know the seson hasnt started. I know Luck has not played a game as an NFL Qb. I also no we are rebuilding. But i feel like this year we will be a playoff conender. A wild card but playoffs. But i feel like it will take 2 or 3 years to be SB conders again. I just have that feeling any one else.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the seson hasnt started. I know Luck has not played a game as an NFL Qb. I also no we are rebuilding. But i feel like this year we will be a playoff conender. A wild card but playoffs. But i feel like it will take 2 or 3 years to be SB conders again. I just have that feeling any one else.

Ummmmm

Heck yeah. I've only been saying it for about 2 months. haha

Realistically, if our offense doesn't work, I'll be shocked. So, I think it depends on defense. We still have 2 of the best pass rushers in the league...if they are put in position to succeed, they know how to do that. With our new Dline acquisitions, I think we'll stop the run better than before, so the question is can we stop the pass. that's what has everybody angry about on our board, not getting a top notch CB. That may well be the determining factor THIS year. I think our DB's will step up. New era.

I think we are going to surprise a lot of people, the experts and the fans with this season. However still a lot of rookies and new system, don't see us in the playoffs this year, but think we will get in next year with another great draft. Think Titans or Jags can get used to being at the bottom again.

I think we'll be able to tell how this year may go after the first few series in our first pre-season game. If we are clueless and flat, things will go slow this season. But if we charge out the gate ... ATTACKING .... both on offense and defense, we have a chance to surprise people. And that will lead to unexpected wins that may make us competitive during December when we could be duking it out with a hopefully shocked Houston team for the AFC South title.

:rock:

I think we are all excited about our improvements but just about every team in the league improved in one way or another. That's like looking at teams and saying Tennessee didn't help themselves or even the lowly Browns who beat us last year didn't improve. The only team in the division that didn't really improve was Houston and I think they are still far and away the best. Just being objective...Kansas City looks to return back to playoff form. Denver looks loaded obviously. San Diego could bounce back. I see easily possibly two teams out of that division. Houston out of ours but Tennessee is looking better. Pitts, Baltimore, Cincy all look like playoff teams but I think only two will make it. Clearly NE is the super bowl favorite but Buffalo looks a lot better. Jets will be hit or miss and Miami took a step back.

Just me but except Miami, Jacksonville, and Oakland I think every team improved by as much as us if not more and they all had better teams to begin with. While we are excited and for good reasons so are all the fans of those teams too. To think we just got better and no one else did or will get worse to me is being a unrealistic. I think we can win more games because we will have a competitive team. I'm looking at 4-12 likely and 6-10 if we have a great year. If the wheels fall off (injuries/turmoil) then another 2-14. We just didn't go from worst team in the league to one of the best overnight. All those teams improved too. Why do people not understand that?

I'm gonna take a different route and keep my expectations low so if you are right it will be extra exciting.....

I really hope neither one of us are disappointed but I'm pretty sure it will be a "down" year for the boys in Blue.

As long as we win more than Denver!

The Colts are now and will always be my favorite team, I'll never buy a Broncos jersey but I'm a lot more certain of Denver getting to the playoffs and won't be surprised if they get to a SB before the Colts next visit there.

The Colts are now and will always be my favorite team, I'll never buy a Broncos jersey but I'm a lot more certain of Denver getting to the playoffs and won't be surprised if they get to a SB before the Colts next visit there.

I think I MIGHT buy a manning bronco jersey. Maybe. My expectations are low for this season also. If we do great we all will be happy and I will gladly eat crow, but this team is soooooo new at every level except the owner.

I think war going to make the greatest turnaround in NFL history and tear this league up!

To do that, we would have to go 13-3 or better. With our schedule, that won't happen.

With that said, I initially had us going 6-10 or 7-9, but with the draft picks we made and the free agent moves we've made, I could see us going 9-7. But 9-7 won't get you into the playoffs in the AFC, especially when one division has Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincy.

Realistically, if our offense doesn't work, I'll be shocked. So, I think it depends on defense. We still have 2 of the best pass rushers in the league...if they are put in position to succeed, they know how to do that. With our new Dline acquisitions, I think we'll stop the run better than before, so the question is can we stop the pass. that's what has everybody angry about on our board, not getting a top notch CB. That may well be the determining factor THIS year. I think our DB's will step up. New era.

......I absolutely agree about needing to play pass defense. That must improve over last year and I think it will.....on offense, if the line plays well, they will score enough points to win...

I have a strong belief that we can make it to the playoffs as long as this offense comes together like I think it will and the defensive line and linebackers can hold things down in the same way or similar as to how the texans defense did when they switched to the 3-4. Remember they didn't have any big names in their secondary other than Jonathan Joseph and he really isn't that big of a name to be honest with you. Most of their success came from the defensive line and linbackers stepping up. I think we have enough pieces on our defense to mirror the Texans switch to this style of defense. Not saying we will be #2 overall in defense but I think we can be better than expected with the people we have.

i'm as optimistic as anyone. despite last year (which i think was almost more fluky than anything else), i think the Colts can really be in there. i certainly don't think 8-8 is out of the question. some of those close losses last season will be wins this season. see, winning games is just what Andrew Luck does!

The thing is you see the Colts now, and you believe we can make a huge change, because that's what we have done in this off-season. Clearly we are gonna have a better season than the last one. Don't know how much we will finish, but we will be able to fight against divisional teams. It may be a little difficult, but we can take divisional teams and take the division and get into the playoffs as 4th seed.

Still, It will be difficult. Perhaps next year we are playoff's contenders and who knows if more :thmup:

Have the Texans ever beaten us twice in one year? Even at our worst last year we were still able to beat the Texans at least once, and this year we will have better talent than last year. The Texans have not proven enough for us to be conceding the division to them in any way shape form or fashion. We are going to make it interesting all the way to the end!