Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dose any one else have that feeling

haha yeah, imagine if you guys would have drafted Kyle Orton back in 2005. Things would be much, much different now...I think. Unless he demanded a trade for another team or something, but I'm sure there would have been great compensation. I get what you mean about blowing it up and starting over...heck, the Colts did it for the fans by spontaneously combusting. Now, hopefully, good things will rise from the ashes. People are scared of change, which is probably why not everyone agreed with you. Especially if change is losing Peyton Manning...I mean, he's Peyton Manning! Lol.

Agree. I mean to be honest, losing Peyton is really really odd. And it's even odder he is on the Broncos of all places.

I kinda saw it coming though. Irsay said he was going to take a QB.TBH, no matter what happens with Luck I think he seems like a great kid. Really nice, humble. Smart. I can't imagine hating on him right now. He seems so genuine.

As a person I think Luck is great.

Matt Schaub seems like a nice guy too. He needs to stay healthy though. I literally cringed when I saw what happened to him last season.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. I mean to be honest, losing Peyton is really really odd. And it's even odder he is on the Broncos of all places.

I kinda saw it coming though. Irsay said he was going to take a QB.TBH, no matter what happens with Luck I think he seems like a great kid. Really nice, humble. Smart. I can't imagine hating on him right now. He seems so genuine.

As a person I think Luck is great.

Matt Schaub seems like a nice guy too. He needs to stay healthy though. I literally cringed when I saw what happened to him last season.

If you cringed I just about had a seizure. But it wasn't a surprise for us either..Our luck :D was not very good this season. Hopefully yours will be though! haha and yeah I was a fan of Luck before he even popped up in the media this year. Guy is a competitor, no doubt a great person. Smart, yes, dorky, maybe, hahaha, but he is still a gamer.

Schaub has only been a starter for five seasons. That kind of throws that petty argument out of the window. And Manning didn't hurt his neck surboarding, you know. It came from this division and all those nasty hits he took from Mario Williams and others. Plus, our defense was not really great until very recently, which, not coincidentally, is when Manning started declining. Actual knowledge or not, Manning was expecting a bonus, and Irsay was not going to give it to him. Robert Griffin could have very well been your quarterback, sir.

How does it throw it out the window? Even as a starter for 5 in Houston, he still made it only once as a 3rd string alternate. If he was SOOOOO good, why couldn't he get the nod in Atlanta? Wrong. Manning's neck problem according to most came from one play against the Redskins in 06'. Look it up. And no, as much as people want to say we would of taken Griffin, I can almost gurantee that Irsay would of chose Manning over Griffin and have traded out of #2. Irsay wasn't going to give him the bonus because of Luck being in the picture.

Uhhhhh, no. The guy hasn't stepped on the field yet and you guys are crowning him to be the next Manning. Manning is a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback, and you guys released him. To assume that Luck will even reach his greatness is asinine. Everyone said that Jamarcus Russell was going to be the next big thing, and we see how that turned out. Bradford? Racked by injuries. Not dissimilar from Schaub, who is a diamond when he can stay healthy all season long.

Russell was not looked at as the next big thing, they talked so much about him because he was seen as the best QB in the draft that year. Everyone just liked his size and throwing power. With Luck theyve been saying he's the best QB prospect since Elway for a few years, they didn't just like his arm and size, they loved everything.

Don't compare Russell's and Luck's draft grades/ analysis/ hype , whatever you want to call it. It's just not accurate.

When's the last time the Texans made the playoffs for the first time? Last year, if I'm not mistaken. History is made every year my friend. Even though I would rather play the Colts at the beginning of the year...I have grown accustomed to the surprisingly pleasant trend.

I REALLY like your profile picture

How does it throw it out the window? Even as a starter for 5 in Houston, he still made it only once as a 3rd string alternate. If he was SOOOOO good, why couldn't he get the nod in Atlanta? Wrong. Manning's neck problem according to most came from one play against the Redskins in 06'. Look it up. And no, as much as people want to say we would of taken Griffin, I can almost gurantee that Irsay would of chose Manning over Griffin and have traded out of #2. Irsay wasn't going to give him the bonus because of Luck being in the picture.

I didn't know that you were Adam Schefter's main inside source. I didn't know that you were suddenly an NFL analyst, either. One little thing kept Schaub from starting...Michael Vick! Kind of like how Favre kept Rodgers from starting for a little while...And really? 5 years of a neck problem that stemmed from one play? If that's true then reality really is stranger than fiction. Luck may have influenced Irsay's decision a little bit, but he would have been influenced the same with Griffin, who is basically Luck 2.0.

I was pretty high on the Texans for the first time last offseason because of the hiring of Wade. I did not think they would become so good so fast though on defense.

I suppose the AFC could very well be open for them if they play their cards right.

But, I would still like to see the Colts pass the Titans at least. ;)

Russell was not looked at as the next big thing, they talked so much about him because he was seen as the best QB in the draft that year. Everyone just liked his size and throwing power. With Luck theyve been saying he's the best QB prospect since Elway for a few years, they didn't just like his arm and size, they loved everything.

Don't compare Russell's and Luck's draft grades/ analysis/ hype , whatever you want to call it. It's just not accurate.

If he was being regarded as only the greatest quarterback in that draft, why then is he considered to be the biggest bust in NFL history? I mean, in some people's minds, back when Manning was not yet a Colt, Leaf was a better quarterback than Manning.

I was pretty high on the Texans for the first time last offseason because of the hiring of Wade. I did not think they would become so good so fast though on defense.

I suppose the AFC could very well be open for them if they play their cards right.

But, I would still like to see the Colts pass the Titans at least. ;)

(Looks down at hand) You got any sevens? :P As long as Andrew develops right, they will be much better than the Titans. They are always a tad bit overrated sometimes, anyway.

(Looks down at hand) You got any sevens? :P As long as Andrew develops right, they will be much better than the Titans. They are always a tad bit overrated sometimes, anyway.

Notice nobody talks about the Jags? Poor Jags. They swept the Colts but it did not bug me for some reason. It never happens......we better beat them this season though.

TN kind of confuses me. I am not too high on them but I won't overlook them. I guess I have to wait and see. I don't fear them by any means but they can be scrappy I guess.

Notice nobody talks about the Jags? Poor Jags. They swept the Colts but it did not bug me for some reason. It never happens......we better beat them this season though.

TN kind of confuses me. I am not too high on them but I won't overlook them. I guess I have to wait and see. I don't fear them by any means but they can be scrappy I guess.

Yeah you're right, and they won't be talked about until Blaine Jaggert improves and learns how to lead. Hopefully they have not damaged the kid beyond repair already...He was like a deer in headlights when he knew a sack was imminent. But no need to worry, Angerer and Fugger will take care of that hahaha. Tennessee could either suck really bad this year, or somehow go far into the playoffs. I guess we can just monitor them closely, who knows, they might make a move for Freeney.

I know the seson hasnt started. I know Luck has not played a game as an NFL Qb. I also no we are rebuilding. But i feel like this year we will be a playoff conender. A wild card but playoffs. But i feel like it will take 2 or 3 years to be SB conders again. I just have that feeling any one else.

I didn't know that you were Adam Schefter's main inside source. I didn't know that you were suddenly an NFL analyst, either. One little thing kept Schaub from starting...Michael Vick! Kind of like how Favre kept Rodgers from starting for a little while...And really? 5 years of a neck problem that stemmed from one play? If that's true then reality really is stranger than fiction. Luck may have influenced Irsay's decision a little bit, but he would have been influenced the same with Griffin, who is basically Luck 2.0.

Oh but if Schaub is this amazing pro bowl QB you say he is, he surely could of beat out Michael Vick right? Or maybe its that Matt Schaub is actually an average QB playing in a passer friendly west coast offense with an elite WR and RB. Its pretty true actually. It was a nerve issue that Manning put on hold for a few seasons before finally having to have it taken care of over the past 2 seasons. Tony Dungy even acknowledges that Peyton Manning's neck issues could of stemmed from this play. Go back and watch it. I doubt it. As much as I like Griffin, he's not be regarded as the best QB prospect since Peyton nor is he on the same intelligence level as Luck. You really just embarassed yourself with the Griffin/Luck 2.0 comparison. They really aren't that close. Luck is the most pro-ready QB in years. It came down to Irsay choosing between the next 3-5 years or the next 10-15. He chose the 10-15 option.

Oh but if Schaub is this amazing pro bowl QB you say he is, he surely could of beat out Michael Vick right? Or maybe its that Matt Schaub is actually an average QB playing in a passer friendly west coast offense with an elite WR and RB. Its pretty true actually. It was a nerve issue that Manning put on hold for a few seasons before finally having to have it taken care of over the past 2 seasons. Tony Dungy even acknowledges that Peyton Manning's neck issues could of stemmed from this play. Go back and watch it. I doubt it. As much as I like Griffin, he's not be regarded as the best QB prospect since Peyton nor is he on the same intelligence level as Luck. You really just embarassed yourself with the Griffin/Luck 2.0 comparison. They really aren't that close. Luck is the most pro-ready QB in years. It came down to Irsay choosing between the next 3-5 years or the next 10-15. He chose the 10-15 option.

Well, we see what Aaron Rodgers can do, and he is exceptional. He still did not start until Favre retired. Why?

The entire league is pass-friendly now, the West Coast offense aspect has nothing to do with it. And we actually excel in both rushing and passing- not typical of traditional West Coast offenses. And no, he was not regarded as the best quarterback prospect, but he was believed by many to be a strong competitor with Luck to be the number one overall pick. Intelligence will be learned as the years go on. And what did you mean by 3-5 years? I hope that you are referring to Manning and not Griffin, who is probably going to have much more success than Luck early on.

I would say he's higher than average, for sure. I'd call him solid. He's shown up for us in a lot of big games, but he's made some mistakes in the clutch, too. The great thing about our offense is that you don't need a superstar QB for us to be successful, in the regular season and the playoffs.

Well, we see what Aaron Rodgers can do, and he is exceptional. He still did not start until Favre retired. Why?

The entire league is pass-friendly now, the West Coast offense aspect has nothing to do with it. And we actually excel in both rushing and passing- not typical of traditional West Coast offenses. And no, he was not regarded as the best quarterback prospect, but he was believed by many to be a strong competitor with Luck to be the number one overall pick. Intelligence will be learned as the years go on. And what did you mean by 3-5 years? I hope that you are referring to Manning and not Griffin, who is probably going to have much more success than Luck early on.

Because Favre was a HOF QB who had been deeply entrenched in Green Bay for years. Michael Vick is not a HOF QB nor had he been there that long. It actually has a lot to do with it. The West Coast offense plays to the short passing game and the usage of bootlegs. It favors easy, cheap completions with the reciever doing most of the work in gaining yards after the catch. Griffin: Strong competitor yes but better than Luck or high enough skillset to warrant choosing over Peyton Manning, no. I meant that Irsay chose Luck (10-15 years) over Manning (3-5 years). I agree that Griffin could have more success early on (1-2 seasons) because of him walking into a better situation but a players greatness is not defined over 1 or 2 seasons.

I would say he's higher than average, for sure. I'd call him solid. He's shown up for us in a lot of big games, but he's made some mistakes in the clutch, too. The great thing about our offense is that you don't need a superstar QB for us to be successful, in the regular season and the playoffs.

A little higher than average is a fair assessment. When we first built this team when Manning got here, the offense was simple enough for the first couple of seasons that any QB could come in and have mid-level success if Manning were to get hurt. But as Manning continued to evolve and grow as a player over the years, he became so adept with the offense that it he literally was able to run it on his own without having to really rely on a offensive cooridnator. That's what allowed him to make the jump from a good/very good QB to one of the all-time greats. The consequence was what occurred last season. The backup QB gets very little to no reps in practice in a offense that relies almost entirely on the QB's ablity to read and decipher a defense and relay it back to the offense in its own unique language. You essentially put all your eggs in one basket with Peyton. We gambled and it worked for about 6-8 years. Last year it didn't.

Because Favre was a HOF QB who had been deeply entrenched in Green Bay for years. Michael Vick is not a HOF QB nor had he been there that long. It actually has a lot to do with it. The West Coast offense plays to the short passing game and the usage of bootlegs. It favors easy, cheap completions with the reciever doing most of the work in gaining yards after the catch. Griffin: Strong competitor yes but better than Luck or high enough skillset to warrant choosing over Peyton Manning, no. I meant that Irsay chose Luck (10-15 years) over Manning (3-5 years). I agree that Griffin could have more success early on (1-2 seasons) because of him walking into a better situation but a players greatness is not defined over 1 or 2 seasons.

Michael Vick's electric gameplay had fans drooling until he was busted for his dog fighting stunt. And 2001 to 2004 is more than long enough. And while you're right about the bootleg, Texans quarterbacks tend to like the long ball as opposed to short passes in the flat. Heck, the deep fade is probably Andre Johnson's favorite play. I agree that Luck is better than Griffin, but he is not as inept as some people seem to believe. If Irsay had kept Manning and lost him the same season, for career or otherwise, and not drafted Griffin, who would have been available at number two, the fan base would eat him alive. No, a player's success is not defined over 1-2 seasons, but it is a great head start if you play well in that time period, i.e. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and, until recently, Mark Sanchez.

A little higher than average is a fair assessment. When we first built this team when Manning got here, the offense was simple enough for the first couple of seasons that any QB could come in and have mid-level success if Manning were to get hurt. But as Manning continued to evolve and grow as a player over the years, he became so adept with the offense that it he literally was able to run it on his own without having to really rely on a offensive cooridnator. That's what allowed him to make the jump from a good/very good QB to one of the all-time greats. The consequence was what occurred last season. The backup QB gets very little to no reps in practice in a offense that relies almost entirely on the QB's ablity to read and decipher a defense and relay it back to the offense in its own unique language. You essentially put all your eggs in one basket with Peyton. We gambled and it worked for about 6-8 years. Last year it didn't.

I am sure that Painter learned the verbage that the offense was using, if not in meetings than in practice on the field. No, he may not have had reps, but that's what mental reps are for. The deciphering defenses part I do understand.

Michael Vick's electric gameplay had fans drooling until he was busted for his dog fighting stunt. And 2001 to 2004 is more than long enough. And while you're right about the bootleg, Texans quarterbacks tend to like the long ball as opposed to short passes in the flat. Heck, the deep fade is probably Andre Johnson's favorite play. I agree that Luck is better than Griffin, but he is not as inept as some people seem to believe. If Irsay had kept Manning and lost him the same season, for career or otherwise, and not drafted Griffin, who would have been available at number two, the fan base would eat him alive. No, a player's success is not defined over 1-2 seasons, but it is a great head start if you play well in that time period, i.e. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and, until recently, Mark Sanchez.

My point with the Michael Vick thing is that if he was as good as you are hyping him to be, he shoudn't of had a issue taking Vick's job. Texan QB's can like whatever they want but the system often dictates what happens and I've watched a number of Texan games throughout the years and while they've thrown the deep ball here and there, they aren't like the Steelers and Colts spread you out and throw the ball down field with 4 WR's type of offense. Honestly, I think Irsay would of passed on Griffin. And even if he had not, he wouldn't of released Peyton. Griffin wouldn't of been the #1 pick and would of been fine sitting behind Peyton. Mark Sanchez proves my point in a way. Came in and had success early in his career but has leveled off since.

I am sure that Painter learned the verbage that the offense was using, if not in meetings than in practice on the field. No, he may not have had reps, but that's what mental reps are for. The deciphering defenses part I do understand.

Yeah but you aren't able to plug and play it unless you are in a game situation. You can understand that this call goes with this blitz but unless you are in a game situation, its pointless.

My point with the Michael Vick thing is that if he was as good as you are hyping him to be, he shoudn't of had a issue taking Vick's job. Texan QB's can like whatever they want but the system often dictates what happens and I've watched a number of Texan games throughout the years and while they've thrown the deep ball here and there, they aren't like the Steelers and Colts spread you out and throw the ball down field with 4 WR's type of offense. Honestly, I think Irsay would of passed on Griffin. And even if he had not, he wouldn't of released Peyton. Griffin wouldn't of been the #1 pick and would of been fine sitting behind Peyton. Mark Sanchez proves my point in a way. Came in and had success early in his career but has leveled off since.

Yeah but you aren't able to plug and play it unless you are in a game situation. You can understand that this call goes with this blitz but unless you are in a game situation, its pointless.

But paying Griffin and Manning both would have been very, very questionable. You could argue that he could have done the same thing with Manning/Luck, but in reality, he did not. I wish we would have gone after Stephen Smith rather than Whitney Mercilus in the draft this year...If Andre had help like that, we would blow opponents up down the field consistently, especially with the play action we get having Foster in the backfield.

How so? Because you drafted a few players who will, as you said, make rookie mistakes, or because you have a new head coach? Even with Pagano's passion, with your logic, it will not matter. He will bring knowledge, just as Manning did, but without talent, it won't matter? Am I correct? Pagano can't help from the sidelines. As much as people praise Manning for being a field general and the true coach, you don't think he had at least some impact that kept you from following Detroit and going 0-16? It is no coincidence that the two wins you got came from playing against division opponents.

This is really weak. Peyton Manning is not a coach. When he's playing, he has extraordinary input on the gameplan and playcalling, but he wasn't involved in that manner last season, so those intangibles that make him so great were unfortunately not part of the equation. Nor are they transferable to other players.

Pagano's impact will come from teaching and gameplanning, particularly on defense. And if you paid any attention to our defensive gameplans last season, you'd know just how significant that will be for us.

Going back to Andrew Luck, look at the way Dalton and Newton played last season. I said earlier that even the unheralded TJ Yates was better than the quarterbacks we used. So, despite Luck being a rookie, I do expect him to play better than the guys we had last year.

Are you really going to suggest that the Colts won't be a dramatically different team this season?

This is really weak. Peyton Manning is not a coach. When he's playing, he has extraordinary input on the gameplan and playcalling, but he wasn't involved in that manner last season, so those intangibles that make him so great were unfortunately not part of the equation. Nor are they transferable to other players.

Pagano's impact will come from teaching and gameplanning, particularly on defense. And if you paid any attention to our defensive gameplans last season, you'd know just how significant that will be for us.

Going back to Andrew Luck, look at the way Dalton and Newton played last season. I said earlier that even the unheralded TJ Yates was better than the quarterbacks we used. So, despite Luck being a rookie, I do expect him to play better than the guys we had last year.

Are you really going to suggest that the Colts won't be a dramatically different team this season?

Peyton Manning was the coach, offensive coordinator, quarterback, and the offense itself while he was on the football field. His injury this past season has made that even more clear. I still believe that Manning did have some impact last year- whether it worked as well as he expected it to, however, is up for debate. And is it fair to expect Luck to play better with an offensive unit that is not very good? With the line that the Colts have now, the guy will be running for his life, and his only relief will probably be Reggie Wayne, since no defense is going to bite on any play action this year. Is it possible that Luck will play even half as good as he could if he had gone to a team like Houston, for example? Yes. Of course. Is it likely? I don't know. You may be a different team this year, but I don't consider 4-12 dramatically different than 2-14. And this is coming from many predictions about your future record; Personally, I have the Colts being at least 5-11, 7-9 at best.

1.Two tight end sets will be different

2.our defensive formations will vary from play to play unlike last season

3.Game planning will be different (that comes along with the new scheme being different)

While I agree our record wont be significantly different, our team will be and the way we play, whether it works is a seperate issue, I will go as far to say we dont have all the right pieces for it to work, heck as I have said many times we have defensive linemen who have been playing that same position all there life now suddenly standing and playing linebacker sometimes, we still have a ways to go and it will show most likely but none of that accounts for pride....and now the Texans are now the hunted

Sounds fair to me. As to whether or not that would be considered a success? I guess that would be subjective.

haha, it's definitely better than this past year. One step at a time is the old adage.

1.Two tight end sets will be different

2.our defensive formations will vary from play to play unlike last season

3.Game planning will be different (that comes along with the new scheme being different)

While I agree our record wont be significantly different, our team will be and the way we play, whether it works is a seperate issue, I will go as far to say we dont have all the right pieces for it to work, heck as I have said many times we have defensive linemen who have been playing that same position all there life now suddenly standing and playing linebacker sometimes, we still have a ways to go and it will show most likely but none of that accounts for pride....and now the Texans are now the hunted

Mario Williams did the same for us before his injury, being a linebacker/defensive end hybrid in the 3-4. At first I wasn't too keen on the idea, but the creativity opens doors for you. It isn't a bad thing.

Peyton Manning was the coach, offensive coordinator, quarterback, and the offense itself while he was on the football field. His injury this past season has made that even more clear. I still believe that Manning did have some impact last year- whether it worked as well as he expected it to, however, is up for debate.

No, he was not. This is the single most overstated meme of the last five years with regard to the Colts. I think he was more important to the team than any other player I've personally had the privilege of watching, and there's certainly no replacing that. He also covered up a lot of flaws, as evidenced by our dramatic decline last season. And he definitely had more leeway than any other quarterback with regard to playcalling and even the way offensive practice was handled. But he was NOT the coach, or the coordinator. It's simply not true.

There may have been some benefit to having him around, specifically for the other quarterbacks. Perhaps his intimate knowledge of the division helped Orlovsky and got us a couple of wins (although it should be noted that divisional games are always a toss-up, even when one team is clearly better than the other). But that impact didn't go very far when it comes to wins and losses. Bottom line is that he hasn't taken a snap for us since January of 2011, and it showed in the win/loss record.

And is it fair to expect Luck to play better with an offensive unit that is not very good?

Yes. Luck will be expected to play better with our offense than the guys we had last year did, and that's more than fair. Even if it's not fair, it's the way it is. This offense is certainly no worse than it was last season, and in several ways, it's expected to be better.

With the line that the Colts have now, the guy will be running for his life,

You don't know very much about the Colts line. Even if it's not vastly improved, it won't be worse than it was last year.

and his only relief will probably be Reggie Wayne, since no defense is going to bite on any play action this year. Is it possible that Luck will play even half as good as he could if he had gone to a team like Houston, for example? Yes. Of course. Is it likely? I don't know.

What are you talking about? We ran plenty of successful play-action last season. What's going to be worse about our play-action threat this season?

And it's true that we're going to rely on a few rookies at tight end and receiver, but they are going to be expected to produce right away also. You also completely discredit Austin Collie.

As for whether Luck would be better on a better team, of course it would benefit a rookie quarterback to have better weapons around him. That's why it made so much sense for us to draft offensive weapons. However, that has no bearing on whether he'll be better than the quarterbacks we had last season.

You may be a different team this year, but I don't consider 4-12 dramatically different than 2-14. And this is coming from many predictions about your future record; Personally, I have the Colts being at least 5-11, 7-9 at best.

I'm not in the business of win/loss predictions. But, as I said earlier, you don't know much about the Colts. On top of that, I don't care what the win/loss record is, this season will be dramatically different from 2011, even if we go 2-14 again.

No, he was not. This is the single most overstated meme of the last five years with regard to the Colts. I think he was more important to the team than any other player I've personally had the privilege of watching, and there's certainly no replacing that. He also covered up a lot of flaws, as evidenced by our dramatic decline last season. And he definitely had more leeway than any other quarterback with regard to playcalling and even the way offensive practice was handled. But he was NOT the coach, or the coordinator. It's simply not true.

There may have been some benefit to having him around, specifically for the other quarterbacks. Perhaps his intimate knowledge of the division helped Orlovsky and got us a couple of wins (although it should be noted that divisional games are always a toss-up, even when one team is clearly better than the other). But that impact didn't go very far when it comes to wins and losses. Bottom line is that he hasn't taken a snap for us since January of 2011, and it showed in the win/loss record.

Yes. Luck will be expected to play better with our offense than the guys we had last year did, and that's more than fair. Even if it's not fair, it's the way it is. This offense is certainly no worse than it was last season, and in several ways, it's expected to be better.

You don't know very much about the Colts line. Even if it's not vastly improved, it won't be worse than it was last year.

What are you talking about? We ran plenty of successful play-action last season. What's going to be worse about our play-action threat this season?

And it's true that we're going to rely on a few rookies at tight end and receiver, but they are going to be expected to produce right away also. You also completely discredit Austin Collie.

As for whether Luck would be better on a better team, of course it would benefit a rookie quarterback to have better weapons around him. That's why it made so much sense for us to draft offensive weapons. However, that has no bearing on whether he'll be better than the quarterbacks we had last season.

I'm not in the business of win/loss predictions. But, as I said earlier, you don't know much about the Colts. On top of that, I don't care what the win/loss record is, this season will be dramatically different from 2011, even if we go 2-14 again.

:wall: I guess we will just have to add Manning's importance to our agree to disagree list. And the offense will be expected to be better because...? You drafted Luck, who is not going to count, since this conversation is about how good he will be surrounded by weapons, Fleener, another rookie who will, undoubtedly, be a game changer, and...well, that's all I got for you. Your line is still no good, dude, I'm sorry. Your two best starters are second-year players who will still face challenges against more dominant defenders. Regarding the play action, Addai is gone. Donald Brown is not that phenomenal of a player. I only discredit Collie because he has yet to prove anything to me. If he catches more than one touchdown pass this season, I will become a believer. And who are you to say that I know nothing about the Colts? I have seen plenty of your games, and I know what you as an organization can and cannot do. Literally, the season will be different if you go 2-14 again, with all of the new players/players who were cut, but in the wins and losses margin...Well, I don't even have to say it.

Being kicked in my boy parts for 3 1/2 hours straight would be better than last year.

Lol come on man nothing is that bad. It's not a good analogy because due to the Colts lack of success this season, they were rewarded with Andrew Luck; Being kicked down there for 3 1/2 hours will only lead to incompetency. You want kids one day, don't you, Ruksak? haha

:wall: I guess we will just have to add Manning's importance to our agree to disagree list. And the offense will be expected to be better because...? You drafted Luck, who is not going to count, since this conversation is about how good he will be surrounded by weapons, Fleener, another rookie who will, undoubtedly, be a game changer, and...well, that's all I got for you. Your line is still no good, dude, I'm sorry. Your two best starters are second-year players who will still face challenges against more dominant defenders. Regarding the play action, Addai is gone. Donald Brown is not that phenomenal of a player. I only discredit Collie because he has yet to prove anything to me. If he catches more than one touchdown pass this season, I will become a believer. And who are you to say that I know nothing about the Colts? I have seen plenty of your games, and I know what you as an organization can and cannot do. Literally, the season will be different if you go 2-14 again, with all of the new players/players who were cut, but in the wins and losses margin...Well, I don't even have to say it.

I don't think we disagree about how important Manning is. We disagree about how extensive his role was.

This conversation isn't about how good he will be surrounded by the weapons we have. It's about whether he'll be better than the quarterbacks we had last season, surrounded by players that are no worse than the ones we had last season. Or do you want to talk about Clark and Addai again? The offense will be better because our quarterback will be better. And I'd say that about at least 20 of the quarterbacks in the NFL.

You don't understand play-action if you think it's completely dependent on the back. And Donald Brown is as good a runner as Addai is at this point. That coupled with your lack of insight with regard to the offensive line lead me to believe that you don't know much about the Colts. And then you again downplay Austin Collie on the basis that he only caught one touchdown pass last season, as if that's the only metric by which you measure a receiver's ability and value. Not to mention the fact that Collie led the NFL in receptions before he got hurt in 2010, and was on pace for 117 catches. But yeah, he hasn't shown anything.

Hey when's the last time the Texans beat the Colts twice in a year?!

Never. In fact they've never won in Indy. I like that the Texans fans have one year of winning and now are all cocky. Yeah, we've been dominating you for your entire existence, but obviously one playoff appearance means you're the best team EVAR! Try dominating us for the next decade, then we'll talk.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 11, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, May 11, 2012 - inflammatory

Never. In fact they've never won in Indy. I like that the Texans fans have one year of winning and now are all cocky. Yeah, we've been dominating you for your entire existence, but obviously one playoff appearance means you're the best team EVAR! Try dominating us for the next decade, then we'll talk.

The thing that honestly makes me laugh in frustration the most about Colts' fans is that they're so spoiled with winning that they think it's a given that they're gonna shoot right back up the leaderboard in no time and continue to own the division for years to come. Manning really did a number on you guys...he made winning so easy for you, now it feels like you're entitled to it, like because your franchise has been a success for the past 10 years that a division title is only a year away (for some, not even that far).

Everyone, EVERYONE in that city, the organization, including players, coaches, GM, owner, should be thankful to Manning for the amount of victories he was able to bring to that team. It's not that easy. It really isn't. Some of you, the all-knowing ones who proclaim instant success in 2012, are gonna find that out the hard way.

We've been the AFC's kicking mule since our beginning, we've dealt with bad coaches, inept front offices, and draft busts. We've finally got a good, hard-working individuals making up a great football team, and yeah, we want to show our pride. It's because we love finally having a talented football team. And of course, we don't mind competition. But it's the arrogance of some on these boards that is pushing me towards hoping Luck fails miserably, and shuts those people up.

*steps down*

You hope hes a bust? Well keep hoping. Luck will almost assuredly not be a bust. And you Texans fans have been just as annoying after one year of winning, and needed us to be without the GOAT to beat us once out of two times. I've been one of the most realistic posters as far as our record for the next year or three, but we could make the playoffs in a few years. (not this year, that's just crazy) and don't be expecting 10+ years of dominance, as you said, it's not easy. And we appreciate what Peyton did with a relatively bare team.

You hope hes a bust? Well keep hoping. Luck will almost assuredly not be a bust. And you Texans fans have been just as annoying after one year of winning, and needed us to be without the GOAT to beat us once out of two times. I've been one of the most realistic posters as far as our record for the next year or three, but we could make the playoffs in a few years. (not this year, that's just crazy) and don't be expecting 10+ years of dominance, as you said, it's not easy. And we appreciate what Peyton did with a relatively bare team.

, I didn't say I hope he busts, I said the outright arrogance of some is pushing me towards that feeling sometimes lol

Edited by Maureen
personal shot