Peyton Manning -Top 1 QB (16 Games)

Joseph Addai - Starting RB 3/4 games

Pierre Garcon - Starting WR 2 games

Dallas Clark - Starting TE - 3/4 games

Jerraud Powers - Starting CB - 4/5 games

Gary Brackett - Starting MLB - 15 games

Melvin Bullitt - Starting SS - 15 games

Ernie Sims - Starting OLB - 4/5 games I believe

Anthony Castanzo - Starting LT - 6/7 games (could be off on this one)

Ryan Diem - Starting RT - atleast 3 games

Ben Ijlana - Backup LT who came in and played for starting LT - Tore ACL and missed rest of season week 5

There might be more players Im forgetting too. Now my numbers could be a little off on the exact amount of games here but that list shows STARTERS all missing significant amount amount of playing time last year. The Texans got insanely lucky that the Titans didn't have a QB or else they would of taken the division in a year where you guys practically had it handed to you on a silver platter.

Just because they're starting doesn't mean they're good. I'll give you 2 in the top 10 on that list, one of which you named. Other than that...no. I figured you couldn't come up with a list that matched mine.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they're starting doesn't mean they're good. I'll give you 2 in the top 10 on that list, one of which you named. Other than that...no. I figured you couldn't come up with a list that matched mine.

It doesn't matter how you judge their skill, their starters in the NFL and with ANY team, if you have starters miss time, it affects the whole team. 2nd stringers have to move up as well as 3rd stringers which then has a tricle effect on your Special Teams and depth. It also affects practices and forces you to have to sign guys off the street. Simple fact is we had more starters miss more time.

It doesn't matter how you judge their skill, their starters in the NFL and with ANY team, if you have starters miss time, it affects the whole team. 2nd stringers have to move up as well as 3rd stringers which then has a tricle effect on your Special Teams and depth. It also affects practices and forces you to have to sign guys off the street. Simple fact is we had more starters miss more time.

Our 2nd/3rd stringers did very well in our starters' absence. Your team did not. Good enough for you?

Tom Brady's nightmare? Why because you won a pointless regular season game and knocked Wes Welker out before the playoffs? I guess that's the eqivilant to a Super Bowl for you guys since you don't know what a real one is. Kept on winning? You guys lost 3 straight going into the playoffs. If the Titans had an semblence of a QB last year, they would of won the division. Yes Locker will be the starter at some point but he wasn't last year and won't be going into this year unless Hasslebeck sucks it up or gets hurt. Pro Bowler as an alternate is a joke. There's a reason they aren't even going to have a Pro Bowl last year. Half of the players don't care and the actual good ones don't even participate anymore. So you can have your "pro bowl" QB who can't stay healthy a full season and chokes in OT games on Monday night. You don't have a HOF GM or QB running your team the way we did in the past decade. Keep dreaming. You'll win the division this year and maybe even the next, but after that, its over. Enjoy your short ride while it lasts.

And the last time you went to the Super Bowl, your Hall of Fame quarterback choked. Oh, excuse my English, sucked. And a semblance of a quarterback? You are one to talk. They only needed one, while you needed one, two, three!!! And downplaying the Pro Bowl didn't become popular until Manning left I'd bet, or once it seems that we actually have someone who can go. Schaub played a great MNF game, besides the interception. He'll be a heckuva lot better than Luck for a long time- and we will win the division for more than two years buddy. The AFC South is ours now.

Addai is and was a good pass catcher and blocker out of the backfield. He just can't hit the hole anymore. Gary Brackett was a formidable coverage LB but struggled against the run. He was a captain on defense. Pierre Garcon actually was a half-way decent WR and started to show promise last year, he just wanted way too much money and wasn't worth it. No the reason why we were horrible was because we were playing with QB's who wouldn't even make 3/4th of the league's roster last year. 1 playoff win in the past decade. I'd expect that for all those years you guys sucked you would actually do something with all those high picks. Its resulted in 1 playoff win and 1 divsion title. Congrats.

And that's one more playoff win than you had this year. Stop living in the past, our best years are ahead of us buddy. It's called improvement, it's something you guys should have did this offseason but still have not. A captain? Santonio Holmes was a captain, you see how that worked out. Garcon is not even 1/4 decent, stop kidding yourself.

Our 2nd/3rd stringers did very well in our starters' absence. Your team did not. Good enough for you?

Ack! You guys keep going back and fourth. You gotta give the Texans some credit, they've been bad since 2002 and now it's their time to shine, let them relish it until the Colts get back on track. We don't all need to be :catfight:

That being said our teams regardless how they do are still going to have to go through the Patriots if they want a SB. I would definitely say the Texans are much more up for the challenge though. Sickens me to think that the Patriots might actually have a very good defense this coming year :worthy: .

Ack! You guys keep going back and fourth. You gotta give the Texans some credit, they've been bad since 2002 and now it's their time to shine, let them relish it until the Colts get back on track. We don't all need to be :catfight:

That being said our teams regardless how they do are still going to have to go through the Patriots if they want a SB. I would definitely say the Texans are much more up for the challenge though. Sickens me to think that the Patriots might actually have a very good defense this coming year :worthy: .

Sigh. Sickens me as well. I don't hate the Patriots but since they will be our biggest challenge this year, I'm not too hot on their defensive upgrades.

Spin it however you want it. You still backed into the playoffs and got bounced out after one win. So in reality, you guys won one more playoff game than we did last year lmao

Sigh. Sickens me as well. I don't hate the Patriots but since they will be our biggest challenge this year, I'm not too hot on their defensive upgrades.

No doubt, I could see a nice rivalry between the Texans and the Patriots the next x amount of years. You just might end up growing to hate them haha . It's one of those relationships where I respect them because well, they're very good, but at the same time hate them. I also kind of envy them, meh!

Spin it however you want it. You still backed into the playoffs and got bounced out after one win. So in reality, you guys won one more playoff game than we did last year lmao

With a third-string, fifth-round rookie quarterback. Go figure.

No doubt, I could see a nice rivalry between the Texans and the Patriots the next x amount of years. You just might end up growing to hate them haha . It's one of those relationships where I respect them because well, they're very good, but at the same time hate them. I also kind of envy them, meh!

haha yeah, since Mr. Brady wants to keep playing until he's 40. I'm sure the Bengals, Ravens, Texans, and Chargers will join the Colts in hating them. :D

Says the guy who is trying his hardest to justify a former playoff team going 2-14 mainly because of one guy...yeah but I'm the one who's spinning it...lmao

And the last time you went to the Super Bowl, your Hall of Fame quarterback choked. Oh, excuse my English, sucked. And a semblance of a quarterback? You are one to talk. They only needed one, while you needed one, two, three!!! And downplaying the Pro Bowl didn't become popular until Manning left I'd bet, or once it seems that we actually have someone who can go. Schaub played a great MNF game, besides the interception. He'll be a heckuva lot better than Luck for a long time- and we will win the division for more than two years buddy. The AFC South is ours now.

Atleast we've made it there and we actually have won one. When's the last time a Houston football team made it to the Super Bowl? How about NEVER. No, it has nothing to do with Manning or Schaub about the Pro Bowl. Its pretty common knowledge that the Pro Bowl isn't what it use to be and is now viewed as a joke by most of the players (read some comments and interviews if you don't believe me). So having Schaub get in as a alternate is pretty laughable. And the last part is so funny I can't even respond. He's won as many playoff games as Luck in his career and Luck hasn't even took a snap yet lmao

Says the guy who is trying his hardest to justify a former playoff team going 2-14 mainly because of one guy...yeah but I'm the one who's spinning it... lmao

I'm not trying to justify it, but to say it was ALL Peyton is a little bit of a stretch when we clearly had many other players miss significant time. 1 playoff win and still have won a game in Indy.

I know common sense is a tough thing for plenty of people, but did you ever consider that it wasn't Peyton's absence, it was how utterly terrible Curtis Painter played last year that kept the team from around a .500 season? Probably not.

Atleast we've made it there and we actually have one won. When's the last time a Houston football team made it to the Super Bowl? How about NEVER. No, it has nothing to do with Manning or Schaub about the Pro Bowl. Its pretty common knowledge that the Pro Bowl isn't what it use to be and is now viewed as a joke by most of the players (read some comments and interviews if you don't believe me). So having Schaub get in as a alternate is pretty laughable. And the last part is so funny I can't even respond. He's won as many playoff games as Luck in his career and Luck hasn't even took a snap yet lmao

Luck hasn't even taken a snap yet. Fixed that for ya. Schaub does, however, have much more experience than the youngster. And saying that the Pro Bowl is laughable is the same as saying voting for MVP or DPOY is laughable, which I'm sure Mr. Manning, and probably you, would disagree with. Just because it might be taken away does not mean there is an absence of talent. And I guess it is a good thing you did not even get to .500 this year...Or you might have been stuck with this guy for a very long time...

post-7263-0-26513000-1336677480_thumb.jp

Well, at least until you chose first again next year, when you would have gotten Barkley.

I know common sense is a tough thing for plenty of people, but did you ever consider that it wasn't Peyton's absence, it was how utterly terrible Curtis Painter played last year that kept the team from around a .500 season? Probably not.

Ask 95% of America, including people in Indianapolis, and they will tell you the reason why they performed so poorly this season. Painter did not start 16 games, if I'm not mistaken.

Of course Bob can't help you win the division anymore. He is a free agent now. He did not lead you to the Super Bowl in 2009, but he did help you win the one that you went to in 2006. Yes, your replacement at quarterback will be better than 2011, but don't you think there will be a learning curve? If you thought Painter was awful, or Kerry Collins, those guys at least had some experience in the league. So, in the long run, Luck will be much better than what you guys had this past season. But year one? Probably not. And Manning did not leave the Colts until March 2012. He may not have been on the field in person, but you can bet he was in spirit. Manning probably told Painter, Collins, and Orlovsky all he could, especially about division opponents. Starting over has more pluses then minuses, but do not expect that things will be much different than this past season.

2006 was a long time ago. This is a completely different team. We probably don't have ten players from 2006 still on the roster. I don't know why you're bringing six years ago up, as if it has any particular bearing on what we're doing now.

At quarterback, TJ Yates was better than the three we had last season. Even with rookie mistakes, we're better at quarterback now than we were.

As for Manning's impact, he can't help very much from the sideline. Talk about him being here in spirit all you want, but the reality is that his knowledge couldn't keep us from starting 0-13.

Even if we only win two games this year, things will be much different from last year.

2006 was a long time ago. This is a completely different team. We probably don't have ten players from 2006 still on the roster. I don't know why you're bringing six years ago up, as if it has any particular bearing on what we're doing now.

At quarterback, TJ Yates was better than the three we had last season. Even with rookie mistakes, we're better at quarterback now than we were.

As for Manning's impact, he can't help very much from the sideline. Talk about him being here in spirit all you want, but the reality is that his knowledge couldn't keep us from starting 0-13.

Even if we only win two games this year, things will be much different from last year.

How so? Because you drafted a few players who will, as you said, make rookie mistakes, or because you have a new head coach? Even with Pagano's passion, with your logic, it will not matter. He will bring knowledge, just as Manning did, but without talent, it won't matter? Am I correct? Pagano can't help from the sidelines. As much as people praise Manning for being a field general and the true coach, you don't think he had at least some impact that kept you from following Detroit and going 0-16? It is no coincidence that the two wins you got came from playing against division opponents.

And that's one more playoff win than you had this year. Stop living in the past, our best years are ahead of us buddy. It's called improvement, it's something you guys should have did this offseason but still have not. A captain? Santonio Holmes was a captain, you see how that worked out. Garcon is not even 1/4 decent, stop kidding yourself.

I'm sorry but why the smack talk? If the Colts are going to STINK automatically why are you here? You sound a bit like the Colts/Pats arguments of the past on these forums.

Look, the Texans are SUPPOSED to win the division. If they don't then what? You will be laughed at hard. It's all there for you. Enjoy the high expectations. And it's not like your QB is Mr. Durable either. Or your stud receiver. And who knows if the D maintains it's intensity from last year in their second year under Wade.

I don't hate Houston. Would rather see them then NE or Pittsburgh in the SB. Those are probably my top 3 AFC teams heading into the season.

But, with Houston's history forgive me if I am a bit hesitant at times. You guys might choke at times. You guys might not live up to expectations.

And the Titans might be better then you think. Remember 2008? They have ways once in a while of suprising us.

And the Colts-yes these God awful crappy Colts you seem to look down on are potentially loaded with young talent and a better coaching staff and might improve as well. Maybe not this year but the year after.

Enjoy your window, it might not last very long in the South if it lasts at all.

Luck hasn't even taken a snap yet. Fixed that for ya. Schaub does, however, have much more experience than the youngster. And saying that the Pro Bowl is laughable is the same as saying voting for MVP or DPOY is laughable, which I'm sure Mr. Manning, and probably you, would disagree with. Just because it might be taken away does not mean there is an absence of talent. And I guess it is a good thing you did not even get to .500 this year...Or you might have been stuck with this guy for a very long time...

Well, at least until you chose first again next year, when you would have gotten Barkley.

We won't be choosing first next year. Awful trolling job.......

I'm sorry but why the smack talk? If the Colts are going to STINK automatically why are you here? You sound a bit like the Colts/Pats arguments of the past on these forums.

Look, the Texans are SUPPOSED to win the division. If they don't then what? You will be laughed at hard. It's all there for you. Enjoy the high expectations. And it's not like your QB is Mr. Durable either. Or your stud receiver. And who knows if the D maintains it's intensity from last year in their second year under Wade.

I don't hate Houston. Would rather see them then NE or Pittsburgh in the SB. Those are probably my top 3 AFC teams heading into the season.

But, with Houston's history forgive me if I am a bit hesitant at times. You guys might choke at times. You guys might not live up to expectations.

And the Titans might be better then you think. Remember 2008? They have ways once in a while of suprising us.

And the Colts-yes these God awful crappy Colts you seem to look down on are potentially loaded with young talent and a better coaching staff and might improve as well. Maybe not this year but the year after.

Enjoy your window, it might not last very long in the South if it lasts at all.

...Okay? That seemed like a lot of pent up anger that just exploded. I came here because I wanted to speak with actual Colts fans, and no, I did not come here seeking hostility. Go back in the posts and you will see who started these fights. Do I look down on the Colts? No, I do not. I know that Andrew Luck is probably the best thing to happen to you guys in a long time, except, of course, Mr. Manning. But I have ammunition, and if Manning taught us anything, it's that the best defense is a good offense. Our window is not going to be closing anytime soon, though you are right about the Titans making surprises. I would not be surprised to see them get a wildcard in this upcoming season.

We won't be choosing first next year. Awful trolling job.......

I was saying that if you had not chosen Luck this year, or had even tried to win this past year. That is why I said 'chose' and not 'choose'.

Edited by Maureen
inflammatory

Let me correct a few things for you. Experience? What experience? He can't even stay healthy a full season and has 0 playoff xp. Oh that's right, he got some experience holding Michael vick's clipboard back in Atlanta lol. No its not, the MVP is actually something with some semblence of skill. Getting into the pro bowl because the other top 2-3 QB's in the conference decided not to play or hurt doesn't make you good. Meanwhile the MVP shows you are the best player in the LEAGUE. And actually, if Curtis Painter would of won a game, we would of been looking at Peyton Manning still being a Colt and owning the divsion till he retired. You should be happy.

Is Derek Anderson good? He made the pro bowl too you know..

Wow......

Calling Manning a choker when your own QB is Matt Schaub. *smh*

And I smell some fear for Luck from you. You know how good he might be. It's amazing isn't it? The Colts might still have the best QB in the division for years.

Let me correct a few things for you. Experience? What experience? He can't even stay healthy a full season and has 0 playoff xp. Oh that's right, he got some experience holding Michael vick's clipboard back in Atlanta lol. No its not, the MVP is actually something with some semblence of skill. Getting into the pro bowl because the other top 2-3 QB's in the conference decided not to play or hurt doesn't make you good. Meanwhile the MVP shows you are the best player in the LEAGUE. And actually, if Curtis Painter would of won a game, we would of been looking at Peyton Manning still being a Colt and owning the divsion till he retired. You should be happy.

Matt Schaub has been a starter in this league for several years now, inuries or not. There are 16 other quarterbacks in the AFC, and being number 3 isn't exactly a bad thing, dude. And you guys actually did Manning a favor...with the ferocity of the defenses in this division, he probably would have been down for the count. Mr. Irsay, contrary to popular belief, did not release Manning because of the Colts choosing first...it is because of the money, and the fact that Manning was not guaranteed to be the same. Poor Luck is just the scapegoat for something that would have happened with or without him.

Wow......

Calling Manning a choker when your own QB is Matt Schaub. *smh*

And I smell some fear for Luck from you. You know how good he might be. It's amazing isn't it? The Colts might still have the best QB in the division for years.

Uhhhhh, no. The guy hasn't stepped on the field yet and you guys are crowning him to be the next Manning. Manning is a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback, and you guys released him. To assume that Luck will even reach his greatness is asinine. Everyone said that Jamarcus Russell was going to be the next big thing, and we see how that turned out. Bradford? Racked by injuries. Not dissimilar from Schaub, who is a diamond when he can stay healthy all season long.

Matt Schaub has been a starter in this league for several years now, inuries or not. There are 16 other quarterbacks in the AFC, and being number 3 isn't exactly a bad thing, dude. And you guys actually did Manning a favor...with the ferocity of the defenses in this division, he probably would have been down for the count. Mr. Irsay, contrary to popular belief, did not release Manning because of the Colts choosing first...it is because of the money, and the fact that Manning was not guaranteed to be the same. Poor Luck is just the scapegoat for something that would have happened with or without him.

I would be more worried about the D's in the AFC West. Manning has a history with a few of them.

I would be more worried about the D's in the AFC West. Manning has a history with a few of them.

True. But I'm thinking Irsay would have expected him to go to Miami, where he'd only be facing the Bills and the Patriots lowly defenses. (Before free agency and the draft, anyway)

Uhhhhh, no. The guy hasn't stepped on the field yet and you guys are crowning him to be the next Manning. Manning is a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback, and you guys released him. To assume that Luck will even reach his greatness is asinine. Everyone said that Jamarcus Russell was going to be the next big thing, and we see how that turned out. Bradford? Racked by injuries. Not dissimilar from Schaub, who is a diamond when he can stay healthy all season long.

Uh no. I never compared him to Manning. Heck, he does not even remind me of Peyton.

I actually don't have that vision. I hope this thing gets built right and is not just a one man show.

I was one of the ones here who was in favor of releasing him and starting over with Luck btw.

Uh no. I never compared him to Manning. Heck, he does not even remind me of Peyton.

I actually don't have that vision. I hope this thing gets built right and is not just a one man show.

I was one of the ones here who was in favor of releasing him and starting over with Luck btw.

I think Irsay is too intelligent to allow that to happen again.

I think Irsay is too intelligent to allow that to happen again.

Which is why I am not upset the same old same old is not going on. Of course, nothing is certain. Thing thing could suck. I just feel that the talent is there though.....just have to wait and see how soon it can develop, if it does.

Don't get me wrong, I have Houston winning the division. I don't think the Colts will be as lifeless and lost as last year though. They might be very competitive at times.

Even Texans fans know the Colts were showing signs of real decline for a while. It all came crashing down last year. If we had a real backup plan behind Manning we likely are in a very different situation right now.

The more the Colts lost last year the more I felt the whole thing should just be blown up and started over. Not everyone shared my views though.

Ask 95% of America, including people in Indianapolis, and they will tell you the reason why they performed so poorly this season. Painter did not start 16 games, if I'm not mistaken.

The whole notion that 95% of Americans would all agree on anything is absurd, but I"ll do you one better, I'd say beyond a shadow of a doubt that 95% pecernt of Colts fans let alone Americans didnt watch all 16 games last year, so how would they possibly know better than I on the matter? Your mistaken, but no sweat, I expected as much.

Like your fellow Texan fan buddy said, just because he's a starter, doesn't mean he's good. Not to mention he's been in the league for almost 9 years now and has made the Pro Bowl once as a 3rd stringer alternate. Oh yeah Schaub is a reallllllyyyy good QB. Down for the count? That's hilarious considering he never missed a game playing all those ferocious AFC south defenses and ate them up every year. What it came down to was that we had the #1 pick and couldn't pass on Luck. If we even had the #2 pick, I can almost bet we would of traded out and kept Manning and quite a number of people with actual knowledge on the subject would agree.

Which is why I am not upset the same old same old is not going on. Of course, nothing is certain. Thing thing could suck. I just feel that the talent is there though.....just have to wait and see how soon it can develop, if it does.

Don't get me wrong, I have Houston winning the division. I don't think the Colts will be as lifeless and lost as last year though. They might be very competitive at times.

Even Texans fans know the Colts were showing signs of real decline for a while. It all came crashing down last year. If we had a real backup plan behind Manning we likely are in a very different situation right now.

The more the Colts lost last year the more I felt the whole thing should just be blown up and started over. Not everyone shared my views though.

haha yeah, imagine if you guys would have drafted Kyle Orton back in 2005. Things would be much, much different now...I think. Unless he demanded a trade for another team or something, but I'm sure there would have been great compensation. I get what you mean about blowing it up and starting over...heck, the Colts did it for the fans by spontaneously combusting. Now, hopefully, good things will rise from the ashes. People are scared of change, which is probably why not everyone agreed with you. Especially if change is losing Peyton Manning...I mean, he's Peyton Manning! Lol.

The whole notion that 95% of Americans would all agree on anything is absurd, but I"ll do you one better, I'd say beyond a shadow of a doubt that 95% pecernt of Colts fans let alone Americans didnt watch all 16 games last year, so how would they possibly know better than I on the matter? Your mistaken, but no sweat, I expected as much.

Okay Professor, if you want to get specific, 95% of football-watching Americans. And with your logic, you're saying that only 5% of your fan base watched all 16 regular season games last season? Yeah right. You and Randal must both be on that green.

Like your fellow Texan fan buddy said, just because he's a starter, doesn't mean he's good. Not to mention he's been in the league for almost 9 years now and has made the Pro Bowl once as a 3rd stringer alternate. Oh yeah Schaub is a reallllllyyyy good QB. Down for the count? That's hilarious considering he never missed a game playing all those ferocious AFC south defenses and ate them up every year. What it came down to was that we had the #1 pick and couldn't pass on Luck. If we even had the #2 pick, I can almost bet we would of traded out and kept Manning and quite a number of people with actual knowledge on the subject would agree.

Schaub has only been a starter for five seasons. That kind of throws that petty argument out of the window. And Manning didn't hurt his neck surboarding, you know. It came from this division and all those nasty hits he took from Mario Williams and others. Plus, our defense was not really great until very recently, which, not coincidentally, is when Manning started declining. Actual knowledge or not, Manning was expecting a bonus, and Irsay was not going to give it to him. Robert Griffin could have very well been your quarterback, sir.