Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dose any one else have that feeling

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the Texans ever beaten us twice in one year? Even at our worst last year we were still able to beat the Texans at least once, and this year we will have better talent than last year. The Texans have not proven enough for us to be conceding the division to them in any way shape form or fashion. We are going to make it interesting all the way to the end!

We play you in week 15 at the earliest. We could have the division by then, and I couldn't care less if we lose to the Colts at that point. As long as we have the division.

And at this point, you have to prove yourselves to us, not the other way around...

We play you in week 15 at the earliest. We could have the division by then, and I couldn't care less if we lose to the Colts at that point. As long as we have the division.

And at this point, you have to prove yourselves to us, not the other way around...

are you sure about that? we did beat you last

Dude, you need homefield. You probably ain't winning in New England IMO.

Maybe not in Pittsburgh either where the refs wave terrible towels.

Sorry to be a dissenting view, but I agree with this guy - we're at the bottom right now, a very different team to the Perennial playoff contender from a couple of seasons ago. The Texans are in the ascendancy and we're starting fresh. With that said, I agree we could surprise a lot of people this year. On the defensive side of the ball it will be all about our front 7 - if we can get pressure on the QB and stop the run, it makes our secondary's job a lot easier. Look at Baltimore, they haven't always had elite corners, just Ed Reed back there, and they do fine in the passing game.

I would like to see another DB addition, but I also have faith in our guys: Antoine is a top 5 safety as far as I'm concerned, JP is a very good cover corner, and Zbikowski is reliable, if unspectacular. The guy I'm really rooting for this year is Kevin Thomas - was impressive as a man coverage guy at USC, unfortunately lost his rookie year to a knee injury. I liked what i saw from him last season (which was effectively his rookie year); showed in experience, but some ability too.

I hope we can bounce back to the playoffs next year, but I'm not expecting it. However, I believe we surprise a lot of people, no return to the #1 pick like some are predicting. 5+ wins next season for sure, optimistically hoping for above .500.

Look, i'm a fan, just like the rest of ya...and i'm hopeful and excited for football season to start...but at the same time, i'm realistic and i think that if the Colts win 5 games this year, it will be considered a HUGE success by pretty much everyone.

I believe that NEXT season we will make a big leap forward...but if you think we are gonna make the playoffs THIS season, youre just setting yourself up for a big let down

I understand what alot of you guys are saying. Your pretty much not wanting to get your hopes up. But for me new QB im exsited. I know when Manning came here it took him 2 3 years i think to get to the playoffs. And we don't know how good Luck is. But i feel like we have a better team then the 1998 Colts. And a lot better team than the 2011 colts. Jim is gone he was a problem. Your QB is the leader of the team. You take a look at Painter he was behind Manning his whole carrie this far. So you no i dont feel like people have faith in him. You dont have faith in your QB to win. You dont feel like the team can win. You dont win. And im not putting all the blame on Painter it was a team thing

Dude, you need homefield. You probably ain't winning in New England IMO.

Maybe not in Pittsburgh either where the refs wave terrible towels.

We'll see, we travel to NE in week 14, only the second time we've been there. :eek:

No, I am not getting my hopes that high. Luck is a rookie and he will have his struggles. The team still has holes on defense, the o-line, and running game. I think after next years draft and maybe a couple of FA signings this team will be more compete. The only thing I expect is that this team is better than last year. Never say never, but I am not going into the season expecting this. I have a feeling this could look like Peyton's rookie year, but next year could have a big turnaround.

Remember how we thought we'd win 6 out of 10 games last year with Curtis? And Peyton was going to come back and lead us through the playoffs?

Optimism runs high on these boards.

But thats great. thats what a brand new season does, it gives you hope.

My orioles are the best team in baseball too... lol.

I think we will win games, but not enough games for the playoffs.

i agree...6-7 wins tops...sure wont get us into the playoffs...cant have the same backfield and think things will change...we got torched last yr bc of safeties and cornerbacks...will happen again this yr also

While denying we are rebuilding is essential for the competitive psyche, the reality is we are not a viable contender. I can confidently, albeit reluctantly say, barring an unimaginably high level of play by our newcomers, the following teams are better than us: Jets, Patriots, Bills, Ravens, Bengals Steelers, Texans, Broncos.

We'll be a playoff bubble team next year with additional defensive improvement, then depending upon the quality of play at skill positions and cohesion on both sides of the ball, we may be a serious Superbowl contender a year or two after.

We're contenders...for a wild card spot! I to believe!

Seriously thoughI was getting tired of hearing rebuild from Irsay.

Our division allows us to still have hope for this. Houston has been wrought with underachievement, Tennessee is just plain bad and Jacksonville, well they got that new punter so watch out for them!

As to rebuilding; We are rebuilding. It shouldn't be such a dirty word. If done correctly, rebuilding can have a fast payoff. I'm not seeing our 'rebuilding' phase going the way of other rebuilding projects we've seen drag on for years with other franchises.

Everything seems to indicate we're in store for a fast recoup of our divisional dominance.

To do that, we would have to go 13-3 or better. With our schedule, that won't happen.

With that said, I initially had us going 6-10 or 7-9, but with the draft picks we made and the free agent moves we've made, I could see us going 9-7. But 9-7 won't get you into the playoffs in the AFC, especially when one division has Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincy.

Sarcasm, bro

Come on everyone take the blinders off. I know everyone here bleeds blue but be realistic, even with Peyton at the helm we would barely win our division. Luck will be great but he is a rookie, rookies qbs do not go to the playoffs. Anyhow, it would not benefit us to do it anyway i do not want to be mediocre i want sb rings. IM as big a fan as anyone here so those of you that will say differently with my following statement will not bother me. I hope Luck struggles a bit and gets better nas the season goes along just like PM 26 tds 28 ints and we get the #1 pick again. Then we trade it for 3 future #1s to Cleveland, then we build a team with those future #1s and the cap money we will have next year to build a dynasty for the next 12 years. Sorry but that sounds alot better to me than barely making the playoffs and getting knocked out in the first round. I want the Colts to replace the Steelers with the most rings, if you can say i am not a true fan for wanting to tank 1 season to be great i will argue back that your not a true fan either for wanting mediocrity instead of being the best franchise in the NFL.

Our division allows us to still have hope for this. Houston has been wrought with underachievement, Tennessee is just plain bad and Jacksonville, well they got that new punter so watch out for them!

As to rebuilding; We are rebuilding. It shouldn't be such a dirty word. If done correctly, rebuilding can have a fast payoff. I'm not seeing our 'rebuilding' phase going the way of other rebuilding projects we've seen drag on for years with other franchises.

Everything seems to indicate we're in store for a fast recoup of our divisional dominance.

I have no problem rebuilding, I just didnt like Irsay bringing it up. Its not what players or fans need to hear. If that makes any sense. Im glad Jim is taking measured, systematic approach to this, unlike a owner that makes knee jerk decisions. But as a fan, I don't really want to hear that the team wont be ready for the playoffs after a few years. I'd rather him talk like a Homer but then be measured behind the scenes.

No biggie though, Pagano is handling the coach speak now.

It would a good D, which we don't have, We have a decent D at best. you are setting your expectations so high, that you're almost sure to be disappointed. Expect a bad season, hope for a good one.

When did Tennessee become "plain bad"? They almost made the playoffs last year. I say they narrowly avoid a WC spot this year, and make it next year.

I know when Manning came here it took him 2 3 years i think to get to the playoffs. And we don't know how good Luck is. But i feel like we have a better team then the 1998 Colts.

I don't think we have a better team now than the 98' team, Peyton had Marshall freaking Faulk in the back field, a future HOFer! I have high expectations in years to come but this team we have doesn't pose a threat in the running game right now.

I don't think we have a better team now than the 98' team, Peyton had Marshall freaking Faulk in the back field, a future HOFer! I have high expectations in years to come but this team we have doesn't pose a threat in the running game right now.

My bad current HOFer!

We'll see, we travel to NE in week 14, only the second time we've been there. :eek:

Ugh :pullhair:!!!!! Should be fun though... It's always fun, but not at the same time to play the Patriots. Sometimes it's like :puke: other times it's like :rock: ....

Ugh :pullhair:!!!!! Should be fun though... It's always fun, but not at the same time to play the Patriots. Sometimes it's like :puke: other times it's like :rock: ....

I think Manning would say its more like :wall: :whiteflag:

I'll buy what your selling. Watch out though, I'm not sure how long your going to be able to sell it.

I love the enthusiasm. I just dont see how so much change can result in our challenging for the division quite yet. If the cards fall right and we stay at least relatively healthy, I see us making a push to move back up to the top of our division in a few years. At this point I would hope for Colt fans to take solace and find joy in the small victories....an occasional win, or visual signs as well as statistical signs of improvement. To believe and have faith is a very good thing. If it creates unreal expectations, than as a fan base, we have truly not gotten over our being a bit spoiled by the previous groups lofty standards.

I think the Titans need another linebacker or two and Locker has experience now, they might be better then expect but Locker is still learning so I wouldnt say they were competing for a playoff spot but they have talent for sure

If 40% of the undrafted free agents make this team, I see an 8-8 season. I went through the list and see some pretty good prospects. I think we had a solid draft and all of those players should make the roster. I also think a few of the veterans will be gone at season start. I am so looking foward to having some fire in the team. Tony Dungy was a wonderful coach but his laid back style kind of fizzled out without his presence on the sideline. Luck is a high IQ QB and it will be interesting to see his abilities grow. I say hello to all of the true blue Colts fans out there.