Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dose any one else have that feeling

If there is a penalty flag on the last play of the game, the team gets one last play with the clock on zeroes.

You do know that I was picking fun at the Colts and their penalty-getting ways, right? Lol.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao in the big picture, we actually did. You along with the other 31 teams in this league fell short and didn't win the Super Bowl. So no I'm not saying we had a better year than you guys, but in reality, you guys didn't get much of anything. A nice little division champs t-shirt and hat is about it. If you guys are so dominant, why is that you lost to probably the worst team in football last year?

Let's check your math here. If we, plus 31 others, didn't win the Super Bowl, then who is that mysterious 33rd team that did? The New York Ghosts? You're embarassing yourself, dude. We will be more dominant when we face you with all of our starters- just as those who argue that the Colts would have been better this year with Manning, we would have been better with Schaub. And not probably the worst team in football...You were the worst team in football. That is why you got to pick Luck instead of Griffin.

I hate to say it, but the usual suspects will be in the Super Bowl again.....Pats, Packers, Giants, maybe the Steelers and maybe the Broncos.....but the Ravens and Texans will NOT make it. You have to have a franchise QB....that's just how it is and those 2 guys aren't good enough.

I hate to say it, but the usual suspects will be in the Super Bowl again.....Pats, Packers, Giants, maybe the Steelers and maybe the Broncos.....but the Ravens and Texans will NOT make it. You have to have a franchise QB....that's just how it is and those 2 guys aren't good enough.

Trent Dilfer went to and won a Super Bowl. Roethlisberger went as a second-year player behind a great defense. And I believe that in the long run, Schaub will be better than both these quarterbacks. And the Giants and Packers should not be included, unless you are referring to the league rather than the AFC.

Let's check your math here. If we, plus 31 others, didn't win the Super Bowl, then who is that mysterious 33rd team that did? The New York Ghosts? You're embarassing yourself, dude. We will be more dominant when we face you with all of our starters- just as those who argue that the Colts would have been better this year with Manning, we would have been better with Schaub. And not probably the worst team in football...You were the worst team in football. That is why you got to pick Luck instead of Griffin.

I included the Texans in that 31. Hence why I said "ALONG". I don't doubt that we would be better with Manning and you guys would be better with Schaub. LOL and yes we were the worst team last year and you guys lost to us. Who's the one getting embarassed here again?

Edited by Maureen
personal shot

I included the Texans in that 31. Your reading comprehension skills are that of a 5th grader. I don't doubt that we would be better with Manning and you guys would be better with Schaub. LOL and yes we were the worst team last year and you guys lost to us. Who's the one getting embarassed here again?

'You and the other 31 teams' doesn't sound like you're including us as well. It would be, 'You and the 30 other teams'. l...We are just beating the dead horse with a stick now. (No pun intended) We were ravaged by injuries, and we lost by 3 points. :td: You, however, lost to the Saints 62-7, and to the Browns as well.

Edited by Maureen
personal shot

'You and the other 31 teams' doesn't sound like you're including us as well. It would be, 'You and the 30 other teams'. We are just beating the dead horse with a stick now. (No pun intended) We were ravaged by injuries, and we lost by 3 points. :td: You, however, lost to the Saints 62-7, and to the Browns as well.

LOL just stop. My point still stands that you guys didn't win the Super Bowl along with us so did you really do that much better? NO. You got a AFC South Championship t-shirt. Ravaged by injuries sounds a lot like a whiny excuse. But I thought the Texans had such deeeeeep depth? 0 rings and 1 playoff win the past decade.

What's funny is you lost to the Saints too lmao

Edited by Maureen
personal shot

LOL just stop. My point still stands that you guys didn't win the Super Bowl along with us so did you really do that much better? NO. You got a AFC South Championship t-shirt. Ravaged by injuries sounds a lot like a whiny excuse. But I thought the Texans had such deeeeeep depth? 0 rings and 1 playoff win the past decade.

We won the division and went to the playoffs. In the grand scheme of things? No, we did not win. Historically? Yes. Fact of the matter is, years and years from now, when someone looks back at the AFC South, the Texans will be at the top. We played better than you would have with a rookie quarterback, that's for sure. He made rookie mistakes, but that's all done now.

Edited by Maureen
personal argument

Both Flacco and Smith were "a hair" from BOTH being in the Super Bowl this year. Let us not act like Brady was a main reason they won the title game. Eli got his rear pounded by the Niners. Heck many never used to even consider Eli a top QB until recently. A few big wins over Rodgers and Brady this year did the trick.

A top D can do wonders. The Texans nearly beat the Ravens in Baltimore WITH A ROOKIE who was their third QB of the season.

God, I hate to stick up for Houston on a Colts forums but some of you are crazy at times. Houston is better then Denver. Better then Baltimore with Schaub. Might be in the same league as NE with Schaub if he stays healthy. They beat Pittsburgh last season at home and ran all over them.

Houston has a top 5 run game and a top 5 D. If Schaub plays like he is capable and stays healthy they will have a top 10/top 5 passing game.

I hope the Colts can overcome this but it will take work. My hope is that the Colts can over take TN and be second and in the WC race.

I think for Indy to have a shot they will have to hope Houston chokes a lot of regular season games or suffers a lot of injuries.

And the Colts beating Houston once a year is not abnormal.

Look a the Saints. They almost always have struggles once a year at least with Tampa Bay.

I almost pencil in a loss for the Saints against the Bucs.

Both Flacco and Smith were "a hair" from BOTH being in the Super Bowl this year. Let us not act like Brady was a main reason they won the title game. Eli got his rear pounded by the Niners. Heck many never used to even consider Eli a top QB until recently. A few big wins over Rodgers and Brady this year did the trick.

A top D can do wonders. The Texans nearly beat the Ravens in Baltimore WITH A ROOKIE who was their third QB of the season.

God, I hate to stick up for Houston on a Colts forums but some of you are crazy at times. Houston is better then Denver. Better then Baltimore with Schaub. Might be in the same league as NE with Schaub if he stays healthy. They beat Pittsburgh last season at home and ran all over them.

Houston has a top 5 run game and a top 5 D. If Schaub plays like he is capable and stays healthy they will have a top 10/top 5 passing game.

I hope the Colts can overcome this but it will take work. My hope is that the Colts can over take TN and be second and in the WC race.

I think for Indy to have a shot they will have to hope Houston chokes a lot of regular season games or suffers a lot of injuries.

And knowing us, the suffering a lot of injuries part is never too far away. Lol we are probably the unluckiest team in the league haha.

We won the division and went to the playoffs. In the grand scheme of things? No, we did not win. Historically? Yes. Fact of the matter is, years and years from now, when someone looks back at the AFC South, the Texans will be at the top. We played better than you would have with a rookie quarterback, that's for sure. He made rookie mistakes, but that's all done now. Stop living in the past and start living in the present.

I'm really glad you can see into the future that well. "Historically", you guys have won the division once since it was formed and have one playoff win EVER. Maybe the President should hire you in his cabinet since you have such great vision of things to come. The Texans will win one more division title then go back to the little step-brother role you have grown accustomed to. We had a 4th string QB playing that probably was worse than most rookies last year and STILL beat you guys.

Edited by Maureen

And knowing us, the suffering a lot of injuries part is never too far away. Lol we are probably the unluckiest team in the league haha.

True. And same with us but who knows with the new faces and youngins. :)

The AFC is OPEN for Houston this coming season. They could take advantage. Or else a usual suspect like NE or Pitts jumps back in the SB. Both get the breaks when they need them usually.

Houston though if they keep it up defensively has the best shot in the AFC maybe to deal with some of those top NFC offenses since they can also put up points.

Packers at Texans will be a telling game to us next season. So will Texans/Patriots.

I'm really glad you can see into the future that well. "Historically", you guys have won the division once since it was formed and have one playoff win EVER. Maybe the President should hire you in his cabinet since you have such great vision of things to come. The Texans will win one more division title then go back to the little step-brother role you have grown accustomed to. We had a 4th string QB playing that probably was worse than most rookies last year and STILL beat you guys.

I wouldn't mind being Obama's main seer. I'm sure the pay is great, better than the salary of an NFL player probably. Mr. Orlovsky for the record was our second-string quarterback when he was here. He had enough talent, that win was almost expected.

Edited by Maureen
personal shot

I don't have a ton of faith in TN until proven otherwise.

If someone knocks off Houston I think it might have to be the Colts. Again.

But, we don't know how soon this thing will get rolling. If it does. I still have a hunch Indy might be in the WC race if things work out though.

True. And same with us but who knows with the new faces and youngins. :)

The AFC is OPEN for Houston this coming season. They could take advantage. Or else a usual suspect like NE or Pitts jumps back in the SB. Both get the breaks when they need them usually.

Houston though if they keep it up defensively has the best shot in the AFC maybe to deal with some of those top NFC offenses since they can also put up points.

Packers at Texans will be a telling game to us next season. So will Texans/Patriots.

Yep, the Packers at Texans is definitely a circle on the schedule. I have secretly been wondering how we would fare against Rodgers, Matthews, and Woodson. Hopefully we will fare well...I also wouldn't mind seeing the big number 12s going against each other in Indianapolis as well. Maybe that is that game where you guys dominate an unexpected opponent...As good as the Packers are, I don't like them very much. And if we beat Brady I will do seven backflips because of the confidence it would instill in me! Lol.

I don't have a ton of faith in TN until proven otherwise.

If someone knocks off Houston I think it might have to be the Colts. Again.

But, we don't know how soon this thing will get rolling. If it does. I still have a hunch Indy might be in the WC race if things work out though.

Yeah, I believe that Luck can beat Jaggert and possibly Locker as well, if TN goes in that direction. Heck, even Hasselbeck...He is not what he used to be.

I recently cleaned up a thread that had become a battle of the AFC South. I don't have the time or patience to do so again.

It's fine to debate which team will be the most dominant in the AFC South; but it is not okay to bait, troll, or hurl personal insults.

While it is perfectly understable that one wants to respond to such posts in like manner, the rule here is not "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". Instead, those posts should be reported.

Thread closed.