Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans post game

GoColts8818

Just a pathetic offensive display from Richardson. Coach didn’t do a very good job of calling plays either. I was so tired to see 25 or 30 yard passes all day long when they could’ve worked underneath it was just a complete meltdown. I don’t care if it was a three point game was a game if we had a decent quarterback.

• Like 4

Is anyone still under the illusion Richardson will end up being a good enough QB to win a SB?  He has like the worst accuracy of any quarterback I have ever seen.  That doesn't just mysteriously get better.  I'm not saying he is JaMarcus Russel, but he's not going to win us a SB.

Also realize Ballard didn't have much of a choice after Stroud went off the board, but... ugh.

Pass defense is... weirdly ok now?  I feel like the entire team just did a reverse-uno the last couple weeks.

• Like 6

Raw and developing or not, Richardson is the worst QB in the NFL. He is not learning or getting any better. Steichen is also starting to wear out his welcome. He refuses to simplify the game for his grossly underdeveloped QB. 

Run defense got beat by Mixon again. This is the result we all saw coming though after those false wins.

• Like 6

The fact that this team with a very deficient QB in AR was a few plays away from winning yet again against this Houston team says they aren’t far off from them. The difference in QB play between Stroud and AR is significant though. Have to figure out that position going forward. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quite a few drops, but 10/32 is simply atrocious.

There's no way to sugarcoat this, and I can't believe I'm typing this, but......

13.3 comp % in 1st half is 2nd worst by any player in any half since 1991. 

Zaire franklin is a shadow of himself. He gets washed by everyone and takes bad angles constantly. He was talking to trash to Mixon for some reason, then gets trucked by him lol. Stop it. 

It shouldn't take a half of a game to realize , oh maybe JT should run the ball more

At one point the O was 0/9 on 3rd down.......smh 

AR has GOT to get out of bounds on that run at the end. Really dumb. 

Hey, at least our punter is good....? 

• Like 4

I’m not gonna be a Homer and say Richardson wasn’t bad, but man our O-line plus the penalties killed us too. At least JT continues to be a beast and our defense really gave us chance. I’m not on the bench AR train, he wasn’t just injured and a rookie last year, he is know to be quite raw. I just don’t see how we commit to drafting him and not see this whole season out with him. 

• Like 1

You can’t blame Steichen with a quarterback who had no sense of where he is or game situations and is a horrendous passer. Definitely would have won with Flacco but have to give rest of this year to prove AR is not the guy which is definitely the case. He said previously he is one of one - correct one of one with the worst accuracy in NFL. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, funktacious2 said:

I’m not gonna be a Homer and say Richardson wasn’t bad, but man our O-line plus the penalties killed us too. At least JT continues to be a beast and our defense really gave us chance. I’m not on the bench AR train, he wasn’t just injured and a rookie last year, he is know to be quite raw. I just don’t see how we commit to drafting him and not see this whole season out with him. 

I think you're right. Once he was drafted, Ballard was tied to him. We have to see this out and it's going to be ugly.

If I had to gues, he'll bust out. He will not be a franchise QB and he will be the downfall of Ballard. He's way more Josh Rosen than he is Josh Allen.

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

The fact that this team with a very deficient QB in AR was a few plays away from winning yet again against this Houston team says they aren’t far off from them. The difference in QB play between Stroud and AR is significant though. Have to figure out that position going forward. 

Steichen cost even the game with his mismanagement at end of half 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I thought the 1st quarter was on the receivers.  AR started 1 for 7 but 5 of the balls were thrown well.  The 2nd Quarter was brutal.  The play calling and the decision to not take a knee before the half cost them the game. You could see AR getting frustrated. Take a knee and get to halftime.   Very similar to Cleveland last year.  

Steichen and his teammates continually put Richardson in tough spots. Two big penalties by Pittman cost them points.  Three false starts by Nelson. 

AR has to run more and play smarter.  No excuse for not getting out of bounds the final drive. 

Disappointing job by the O-line.  

Overall a good job by the defense. Wish the 3rd and long catch by Houston had been reviewed.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Good game by the Defense. Good game by Taylor.

The QB, WRs, OL and Steichen were pathetic today. All around % show by them. I have no clue why Steichen always calls a completely different game for AR in the first half then vs the second. He's also the one that called the play that got picked. If you're uncomfortable with AR passing that play anywhere else on the field, why in the flying # would you call it in that position of the field with only a minute left in the half.

Dumbest call in a very long time. Tie score, 38 sec to half, you get the ball to open the second half. Take knee or run, no pass plays !!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If we are sticking with AR, we need to sell sell sell at the trade deadline and get as many picks as possible! Get 1 or 2 high 1st round picks next year and rebuild! Hopefully we will have a new GM/DC by that time to get the right players in here! Let’s face it, winning the division is out of reach now, and this team would be better off missing the playoffs! 
spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IndyEV said:

If we are sticking with AR, we need to sell sell sell at the trade deadline and get as many picks as possible! Get 1 or 2 high 1st round picks next year and rebuild! Hopefully we will have a new GM/DC by that time to get the right players in here! Let’s face it, winning the division is out of reach now, and this team would be better off missing the playoffs! 
mike leake highlights GIF

What’s crazy is - every other AFC team lost. 

We aren’t winning the division. But the 6th & 7th playoff spots are very likely to be in play. 10-7 gets you in.  Possible a 9-8 team for the 7th seed

I don’t even know what to say about Steichen. Run AR and it opens things up for Taylor and helps the WR. He was a joke today 

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I’m not seeing Shane call the same offense he called last year with AR in. 

He isn’t. I don’t even know why they drafted him if they aren’t going to use him correctly 

AR went from a potential franchise QB to a franchise tease in Season 2 so far. Even Eli Manning was sat behind Kurt Warner for a few games before being thrown in.

If an average of ADEQUATE is good enough, stay the course with AR. Or change play calling drastically like John Fox did for Tim Tebow that Broncos season to make it work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t even know what to say about Steichen. Run AR and it opens things up for Taylor and helps the WR. He was a joke today 

SS is scared to death to run AR, given his injury history. Look, we all agree (mostly) that this is a learning year for AR. Therefor, he needs to stay healthy and on the field. He will not be on the field if he's a dual threat QB. He's proven to be too fragile.