Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Absolutely Refreshing!

Dingus McGirt

8 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Some of us hate this draft.  Our hole got deeper in my opinion.  

No one is right or wrong yet.  Every team feels they aced the draft.  You don’t really know until you see them on the field with our system.

I’m optimistic.  I was at a party with a Florida fan last night who said we waisted our first pick.  I told him the same thing.  

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m genuinely asking this. Some of you hate everything about the team including the players, staff, and even the team itself. Some of you complain no matter what. So my question to you, that I expect an actual answer for is why are you even a fan? 

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

It’s hard to know how these players will develop, but I feel we have had a really good draft so far. 

Richardson has an upside that is awesome to think about. I would have taken him there. I liked him over Levis, mainly because of the personality. Both are projects. But it’s easier to work with a project who has the right mentality. I love Richardson’s humble yet confident demeanor. 

We got a long corner to play more press. Think of him as our Richard Sherman. This will open some things up for this defense. He will be in zone a lot, but he will press.

I love Downs. And it’s a sneaky good pick. It’s funny that Ballard said he noticed Downs while scouting Sam Howell, because that’s when I noticed Downs too. A few years ago I did a write up on Howell, before the regular season, and Downs just popped on film to me. I’ve followed him close ever since. Albeit a smaller receiver, he has star potential. And he is built similar to a running back from the waist down. 

Overall, I’m excited about the potential of the top 3 picks. Looking forward to Day 3. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m genuinely asking this. Some of you hate everything about the team including the players, staff, and even the team itself. Some of you complain no matter what. So my question to you, that I expect an actual answer for is why are you even a fan? 

It’s not an all or nothing deal. And it shouldn’t be. I like how this draft is going for us. I am huge fan of Chris Ballard. I’m not sold on Steichen yet though. And it’s okay if others feel different about that. 

Why try to make it an all or nothing thing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It’s not an all or nothing deal. And it shouldn’t be. I like how this draft is going for us. I am huge fan of Chris Ballard. I’m not sold on Steichen yet though. And it’s okay if others feel different about that. 

Because for years, he has done nothing but complain and cry about everything this franchise does. If all you do is hate and complain about everything, why even come here? Why even be a fan? There’s a difference is being optimistic or even cautiously optimistic regarding moves and such, but to do nothing but “hurrrr dumb bad stupid moves midget sucks reeee” every post, like, why? Why still come here? Why be a fan? I’ve got an idea. How about those people take their negative * and go to another team like the Chiefs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Because for years, he has done nothing but complain and cry about everything this franchise does. If all you do is hate and complain about everything, why even come here? Why even be a fan? There’s a difference is being optimistic or even cautiously optimistic regarding moves and such, but to do nothing but “hurrrr dumb bad stupid moves midget sucks reeee” every post, like, why? Why still come here? Why be a fan? I’ve got an idea. How about those people take their negative * and go to another team like the Chiefs. 

Because people are different. If you take the most extreme views, both positive and negative then reality is usually somewhere in the middle. We need the extreme viewpoints to have the balance of reality. I wish more people realized that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It’s hard to know how these players will develop, but I feel we have had a really good draft so far. 

Richardson has an upside that is awesome to think about. I would have taken him there. I liked him over Levis, mainly because of the personality. Both are projects. But it’s easier to work with a project who has the right mentality. I love Richardson’s humble yet confident demeanor. 

We got a long corner to play more press. Think of him as our Richard Sherman. This will open some things up for this defense. He will be in zone a lot, but he will press.

I love Downs. And it’s a sneaky good pick. It’s funny that Ballard said he noticed Downs while scouting Sam Howell, because that’s when I noticed Downs too. A few years ago I did a write up on Howell, before the regular season, and Downs just popped on film to me. I’ve followed him close ever since. Albeit a smaller receiver, he has star potential. And he is built similar to a running back from the waist down. 

Overall, I’m excited about the potential of the top 3 picks. Looking forward to Day 3. 

Completely agree and well said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

The draft always makes people feel good.  It’s the time of year all 32 teams feel like they have a chance.

17 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I haven’t been apart of the forum for that long, but this is my first year getting on here during the draft to read through the discussions. The different opinions on the forum have actually increased my own interest in the draft for the first time after years of being a Colts fan. As I live nowhere near IN and have always felt like an outsider, it has been great to hop on here with other “Coltians” to see what we all feel about the draft :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

After the initial shock of the Richardson pick, and looking back on some of the friction on the forum over the past few weeks - I love the "climate change" after the first three rounds of this draft.

As the final four rounds transpire, and our GM and HC continue to make wise choices we can all continue to get behind, Colts Nation can look forward to a great ramp up to the coming season.

You all rock.  :applause:

Got to support and roll with our guys. After learning more about AR and seeing his character, it's hard not to route for the guy. Hope we invest in a few linemen and blocking TE to get the run game rolling.

• Like 1

I think when you get invested in player review over a 4 month period(or longer) people will get passionate about their player.

I've been critical of Ballard in the past(and probably will be in the future), and while we may have different opinions about the players selected, the positions selected were big needs for this team and I think that's building a lot of consensus on rating this draft.

Chris Ballard and Shane Steichen are ROCKING THIS DRAFT!!

Filling positions of need - and - accumulating piles of draft capital for depth!!

Just remember folks - NO ONE IS PERFECT - and - YOU'RE NEVER GONNA AGREE WITH EVERYTHING CHRIS BALLARD DOES - but - HE IS DOING THE BEST HE CAN - JUST LIKE THE REST OF US!!

If y'all don't want to be criticized for your mistakes - then don't be so quick to criticize others - even highly paid others!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, lester said:

I am happy that Ballard has turned the Negative Nancys into Silent Sallys.

It lets the rest of us enjoy the draft coverage that much more...

I was pretty negative if we stuck with Saturday.  We didn't and I went from negative to neutral.  After the 1st round positive.  Now I'm stoked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

Filling positions of need - and - accumulating piles of draft capital for depth!!

Just remember folks - NO ONE IS PERFECT - and - YOU'RE NEVER GONNA AGREE WITH EVERYTHING CHRIS BALLARD DOES - but - HE IS DOING THE BEST HE CAN - JUST LIKE THE REST OF US!!

If y'all don't want to be criticized for your mistakes - then don't be so quick to criticize others - even highly paid others!!

i agree he does the best he can, just has too many first and second round misses, could be the reason he trades back for lower round picks. fans dont expect as much from round 3 on down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEFENSE said:

i agree he does the best he can, just has too many first and second round misses, could be the reason he trades back for lower round picks. fans dont expect as much from round 3 on down

Remember one thing - Chris Ballard is making his judgements based on a number of factors from COLLEGIATE FOOTBALL.

Not EVERY player who was a stud in college - is a stud in the NFL.

Truth be told - ALL teams have hits and misses.

You draft PROSPECTS - not bonafide NFL stars!!

• Like 3

I’m very concerned about the quarterback we picked, that 53% completion rate is very concerning. I think if somehow Turner and Steichen manage to turn him into an average passer it would be a miracle. I can see them doing a lot of bootleg, RPOs, anything to avoid his weaknesses, but it may not be enough.

Dawns on the other hand looks fantastic, and if he doesn’t turn into a great WR I would be surprised. I can’t be in more awe about the way he moves on the field and how he catches the ball, it’s beautiful to watch . If we can’t get Marvin JR next year, Dawns could be a great consolation prize, maybe more than that.

3 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I like our picks but feel like we've neglected to Oline a little. Feel like we could have grabbed a G over a saftey...but we have a lot of picks and competition at CB.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Dude I’m so with you on your energy level here haha. I’m loving this draft. 

1. QB with serious potential. Check.

2. Trade back and get more picks. Check.

3. Get a corner who can be a starter. Check

4. Get a WR who can have an early impact. Check.

5. Get some O-line help. Check.

6. Inject our team with more youth and depth. Check. 

But that doesn’t even cover the fact that the guys they got were all guys I like and none felt like reaches. 

Who knows how this will all pan out. There’s no saying anyone can’t be a bust. But this is about as a good a draft on paper as I could have hoped for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I know from previous drafts that fans didn't like, they were told it takes years and years to evaluate draft picks and class. So I guess the opposite is true if fans like a draft class. 

No one wants to be a hypocrite, right? Lol

I personally am good with this draft and very pumped up about our new QB!!!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well I know from previous drafts that fans didn't like, they were told it takes years and years to evaluate draft picks and class. So I guess the opposite is true if fans like a draft class. 

No one wants to be a hypocrite, right? Lol

I personally am good with this draft and very pumped up about our new QB!!!

The more interviews I see...the more I like him. It will be a tough road for awhile but man...it's gonna be a sweet ride. AR + Steichen is a great combo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Some of us hate this draft.  Our hole got deeper in my opinion.  

That is the most predictable part of the draft! I'm not on here as much as others, yet before the draft even started, I knew you would hate it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was a very fun draft! I thought Ballard was able to get solid players at positions of need without reaching. He started runs instead of panicking and reaching because he was on the end of a run. When he missed the interior O-Line run, he didn't panic and punted it for the draft so every other position could get a good player. Once UDFA hit, we quickly got a deal done with Ekiyor, and we still have the option of Risner on Monday. 

Ballard even tripled up on CB like I was hoping and didn't mess around. The position is fixed. He got creative and filled depth at many different positions as BPA picks. Honestly, this team is much better than it was 3 days ago. So many high reward guys that can carry this team to prominence, and that's not even mentioning Anthony Richardson. 

I don't see, at this point, how someone could be upset about the draft this year. Pretty much everything worked out, and if it didn't, Ballard had a backup plan to it. The team is looking great right now! :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Chuckle. They aren’t "fans". Warped and Clueless is just how they go through life, the type are here to dump their sorry ___ life view for click bait.

IGNORE them. You won't miss them.

20 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

After the initial shock of the Richardson pick, and looking back on some of the friction on the forum over the past few weeks - I love the "climate change" after the first three rounds of this draft.

As the final four rounds transpire, and our GM and HC continue to make wise choices we can all continue to get behind, Colts Nation can look forward to a great ramp up to the coming season.

You all rock.  :applause:

Am I 100% sold on Anthony Richardson.... NO

But I am very excited about his character and that we didn't pick Will "Bathroom" Levis.

AR is the new breed of QB´s in this league, and though no other high mobile QB beside Patrick Mahomes have won the super Bowl, it´s trending toward a highly mobile / running QB winning it all.

Colin Kaepernick was the first to get close, then Cam Newton, then it was Jalen Hurts and maybe Anthony Richardson down the line can succeed in what those dudes did not manage to do.

Does the colts and AR have a long way?

Heck yeah, but so does 14 other teams in the AFC when Mahomes is there.

Manning had to overcome Brady, Roethlisberger and the Charges to come close, while Brady had to get help from the league office to succeed. 

But compared to Stroud, Young and Levis, I honestly think that AR has the best chance of those 4 to win a superbowl, due to his size and the situation he's been put in.

19 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Because for some people, that is what they are a fan of. I'm sure you have seen it in your normal everyday life, that acquaintance or coworker that no matter what, complains about everything.  It's just how they are hardwired.  I have family members that way. The rest of us always say that they are not happy unless they have something to complain about