Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyquan Lewis returning

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Good depth piece... he's better than most players you can get for that money but with him the major concern has been health not performance. I hope he finally has a healthy season. 

Absolutely. Well said Stitches. Happy he’s coming back.

He was playing good when he went down last year. A second knee injury may not allow him to return to that level. He should be a decent rotational piece though. I expected Ballard to give him a shot. Ballard tends to take care of guys he drafted in similar circumstances. I just don’t want to see Lewis taking too many snaps away from Dayo again. 

current Dline on the roster-Paye, Buckner, Grover, Dayo, Lewis, Williams, Johnson.  CB definitely needs to add a few players.  

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Not surprised Ballard can't let go of this 2nd rd bust. We are this weak at DE that there is little to lose. He is better than Ballards other 2nd Rd bust DE Banogu. It wouldn't shock me if Gus wants him too.

Sorry but Ballard does have several significant failures.

As does every GM, no bats perfect. 

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Not surprised Ballard can't let go of this 2nd rd bust. We are this weak at DE that there is little to lose. He is better than Ballards other 2nd Rd bust DE Banogu. It wouldn't shock me if Gus wants him too.

Lewis is a very good player. He was top 5 in pressure before getting hurt last year. This is a cheap move too. 

28 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

A little player statistical comparison might be appropriate here

image.png.da1be1e87c7063db506a65d89a05c5aa.png

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I'm glad they brought him back.  From the moment he was drafted, the word on him was that he was good at everything, but not great at anything.  But still a tough guy, and a great teammate.  No, he's not a High Impact player, but he can play both strong side end and 3 technique tackle.  He's a good rotational piece.  I just hope he's able to stop the injuries, and play an entire season.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sssh some people have a narrative push and don’t want little things like facts to get in the way of that.

Meh.  It's a common malady we see in media as well as message boards.  We seek for superlatives.  For hyperbole.

I will say that it is true that Banogu, Lewis, Campbell, and Ya-Sin were all part of the disasterous 2019 draft.  And it's hard not to make comparisons among all four of them.

2 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Is he really worth a roster spot? It’s not like he’s an impact player and he’s always hurt. Just saying…..

I’d say yes.  Is he an impact player like Leonard or Buckner?  No.  Is he a player I notice when he’s on the field in a positive way?  Yeah.  It’s not an accident that the run defense feel off some last year when him and Paye got hurt.  They both set the edge well and Lewis is sneaky at putting pressure on the QB.  He’s a solid player you want on your team at the right price because not everyone can be an all pro.  Injuries are a concern which is why the last couple of his contracts have been one year cheap deals.  

17 hours ago, stitches said:

Good depth piece... he's better than most players you can get for that money but with him the major concern has been health not performance. I hope he finally has a healthy season. 

Yea and he gonna be motivated.  

16 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

He was playing good when he went down last year. A second knee injury may not allow him to return to that level. He should be a decent rotational piece though. I expected Ballard to give him a shot. Ballard tends to take care of guys he drafted in similar circumstances. I just don’t want to see Lewis taking too many snaps away from Dayo again. 

current Dline on the roster-Paye, Buckner, Grover, Dayo, Lewis, Williams, Johnson.  CB definitely needs to add a few players.  

McTelvin Agim also on roster,former 3rd round draft pick by the Broncos a few seasons ago,will be interesting if he can finally cash in on his promise or gets lost in the shuffle.

11 hours ago, colts89 said:

Lewis is great. We'd be viewing him in a similar vein to how we view Grover if he hadn't had injuries ruin his last two years here prematurely. A DL needs good depth.

Yea but thats the problem he has not made it through the last  2 years and i am not sure there is a market, but i do love him as player so not a biggie  

Archived