Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars, January 9th, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

just because you are hurting in the secondary doesn't mean you go limp and play everyone back in that horrible soft zone nonsense all game i don't care WHO you are facing in this league... you blitz you man up your defenders and you let them go out and play defense or get beat. 

if the Colts end the season leading the league in forced turnovers and miss the playoffs it will be another reason to call the Colts a joke

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aces101 said:

Either Irsay or Ballard must clean house after this game is over. It starts with releasing Wentz 

I hate to say, but this is probably the right answer.

You can't suddenly lose a franchise QB like Luck and just carry on like nothing happened.

If they had just done this in 2019 when Luck quit we could have been sitting with a Justin Herbert at qb amd building towards something.

Instead, they (most likely Irsay) held out foolsih/irrational that Luck would just come back and we have been treading water the last few seasons...

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

its a QB driven league luck set us back for years  .  the sad part is the colts have turned into the 9-7 titans who are good enough not to draft a elite QB but not good enough to make the playoffs .    we are locked into wentz for one more year so we have to hope wentz can throw 30 picks and get us a new luck  next year

There is no "new Luck" coming out of college anytime soon

• Like 1

I wanted Wentz to be the guy, i really really did. Ive been watching him play since his rookie season in Philly and man, the potential is there, but he cant get out of his on way. Thats why i have such a big problem with him, this isnt the first season ive watched him work and know he has the potential to divide a locker room and get an OC fired. 

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

You would cripple this team. There's no franchise caliber QB available.

You don't just release Wentz without a real backup plan. At this point. We would need to get one of the FA quarterbacks. Jimmy G is going to be the best one available....

3 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Either Irsay or Ballard must clean house after this game is over. It starts with releasing Wentz 

Not happening.   Would do way more harm than good.    We’d have no quarterback and we’d get killed in the salary cap at the same time.    Wentz will be back at least one more year.    

Laughable team.

Laughable coaches and players.

And Irsay will continue to roll with Eberflus.

Offense has been bad too.

But this Jags team is HISTORICALLY bad, so this performance is unacceptable.

Terminate some contracts, Jim!

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And for a those pollsters who go after me for my supposed negative take on the direction of this team. It sucks being right.

thats what being bias does to people .  people were convinced grigson was the best gm in the league in 2013 and chuck was getting us to multiple super bowls .    

the refs have also allowed the jags to cheat this game

didn't call that roughing the kicker earlier that could've changed the game but nope...

add that to the Colts playing limp defense and Wentz being Wentz and that's why a 2 win team is up 20 on a team that WAS 9-6

Just now, Old Colt said:

How... we have no cap and why would they come to such a crap team and coaches

This team has the best back in the league and lead in pro bowlers this year & all pros last year. The right QB would put us over the top. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Numba1Colt said:

the refs have also allowed the jags to cheat this game

didn't call that roughing the kicker earlier that could've changed the game but nope...

add that to the Colts playing limp defense and Wentz being Wentz and that's why a 2 win team is up 20 on a team that WAS 9-6

Stop with nonsense; Wentz, oline and D lousy